Unbinding Shift + #, $, etc... From Joining Global Chats

I apologize if this is explained somewhere, but the keywords make it tough to narrow down a search for this...

Is there a way to unbind having shift + number keys (special characters) from joining various global chats? I am 100% uninterested from ever seeing these chats, and I often enough accidentally hit shift + one of those keys when I'm typing to a friend, and then I end up typing half a sentence in the global chat... it's not pretty.

Very, very annoying 'feature'... any way to disable these binds entirely?

Thanks in advance!

(I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question)
There is no such option in the client. But iirc these symbols can be escaped by backslash, so you could try using AHK or something like it to replace them with escaped versions on the fly.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Thanks for the response... AHK sounds like it could work for me in this situation...

Hitting escape doesn't help unfortunately. When you type 85-100 WPM, it can't be stopped in time, hah. And besides, once you even hit the #, $ keys, that global chat is already joined regardless of whether or not you hit escape. That's the b*tch of it... if you could just hit escape once you realized you accidentally typed one of those characters, it wouldn't be so bad, but once you type it, it autojoins that channel, and then you have to stop typing to your friend, uncheck the global chat you just joined, rewhisper your friend, and retype your sentence.

Doesn't seem like a big deal but it's a bigger pain in the rear than it should be. One of those QoL things GGG needs to work on... similarly to a lack of a master volume slider which is a little mind boggling.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion!
"
Vicariously wrote:
Hitting escape doesn't help unfortunately.
xDDD
I meant that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_character
If you type "#", you immediately go to general chat but if you type "\#" then you will not - the "#" symbol will become a part of your post in whatever chat you currently are. At least it was so some time ago, idk about now (nor what will happen in 2.0)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jul 2, 2015, 10:48:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info