Muted for a full day because of my ign...

"
Rowanbladex wrote:
Nah nah nah, you gotta work it in there, but just how so that it's still friendly. For example, my favorite character is named RowansCoC, perfectly acceptable name. It simply says that it's my Cast on Crit character. But, if you have a dirty mind.....it changes the name xD

Yeah, I find it difficult to play a character unless I work some kind of reference to penises or vaginas into their name.

It really breaks my immersion if I can't get a visual image of testicles in my mind when I am looking at my character screen.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I know that feel. Some of my names have been very distasteful :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
Nah nah nah, you gotta work it in there, but just how so that it's still friendly. For example, my favorite character is named RowansCoC, perfectly acceptable name. It simply says that it's my Cast on Crit character. But, if you have a dirty mind.....it changes the name xD

Yeah, I find it difficult to play a character unless I work some kind of reference to penises or vaginas into their name.

It really breaks my immersion if I can't get a visual image of testicles in my mind when I am looking at my character screen.

Quality post haha.

"
Xavderion wrote:
I know that feel. Some of my names have been very distasteful :P

thankfully I wasnt drinking when I decided to press the characters tab on your profile.
Now that's some mental imagery on the first character (lvl 77 shadow).
some other pretty funny names. Like the sole marauder there.
Oblivious
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Every time one of these pops up I remind everyone that gore and full frontal nudity is completely ok but naughty no no words are unacceptable.

Because there's a difference between what happens in a story and what happens in real life? Terrible things like mass murder exist in Wraeclast but it is still displayed as a bad thing; there isn't a lot that you can do about it, but the exiles sure try. A real person showing unnecessary hatred towards other real people (especially in an online game, where the main purpose is for everyone to have a good time), regardless of if they are doing it via text in a game, is still a bad thing, and people who have the power to stop it are indeed doing so.

EDIT: I should add that this response is more appropriate for the sort of name I typically see when these sorts of threads are made. OP's name wasn't that bad.

Exactly, these days it seems like people think things said or done on the internet doesn¨'t count because it's "only the internet". Really people shouldn't act a way on the internet they wouldn't in real life.
Nothing to see here.
"
ReZar wrote:
Really people shouldn't act a way on the internet they wouldn't in real life.
Why not?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Yea.. i think the punishment was excessive too... and they tend to be like that, looks like they are in a rush to let people know they work for GGG.

lame.. .duh

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Kandamo on Jul 2, 2015, 10:50:55 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ReZar wrote:
Why not?

Yeah I'm not buying it. Internet me differs from IRL me.
The Russell Wilson Era
"
Mikekowa wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ReZar wrote:
Why not?

Yeah I'm not buying it. Internet me differs from IRL me.

Buying what?

My point was that just because you aren't directly in front of people you should still act normal.
Nothing to see here.
No one here seems to understand what I am saying. I was not hating on anyone, nor was I being rude or offensive. My characters name was a QUOTE FROM A MOVIE. I agree you shouldn't be rude and mean just because It's the internet (unless of course someone else is acting that way towards you). Some of you are making me out to be some type of crazy a**hole and that's not the case.

Edit: btw ggg I was never unmuted after i changed my name yesterday.
Last edited by bubblynuggets on Jul 2, 2015, 12:30:29 PM

If your name was "-" or the likes. do not change it :)

Unless it's racist, demening or against the law - Please do not change names.
Last edited by kussekurt on Jul 2, 2015, 2:57:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info