Muted for a full day because of my ign...

Ok, so I was just going about my business in global chat, I post one thing in the chat, and about two minutes later "You have been muted for 24 hours for having an offensive character name".

Now I'm not gonna lie guys, my characters name is a little... out there.

[Removed by support]

It was meant to be a funny name, and not meant to be offensive. For those of you who don't know, the name is a quote from the movie Blade Trinity.

The real reason im so angry is because, um, its just my characters name in a video game. It's not like I was threatening or harassing someone in chat, and I get muted for a full day.

I guess some people just can't take a joke. :/

Edit: Also, how does someone go about changing their name? Contact support and tell them my profile name and characters name?

Edit... again: so apparently I can't even post my name in the forums, wow, gg.
Last edited by bubblynuggets on Jul 1, 2015, 1:31:01 PM
Hi there, we can lift your mute after we have changed your character name to another name of your choice. Please email us at support@grindinggear.com and we'll look into it as soon as we can.

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
Dayum look it that pardon.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Every time one of these pops up I remind everyone that gore and full frontal nudity is completely ok but naughty no no words are unacceptable.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Every time one of these pops up I remind everyone that gore and full frontal nudity is completely ok but naughty no no words are unacceptable.

Because there's a difference between what happens in a story and what happens in real life? Terrible things like mass murder exist in Wraeclast but it is still displayed as a bad thing; there isn't a lot that you can do about it, but the exiles sure try. A real person showing unnecessary hatred towards other real people (especially in an online game, where the main purpose is for everyone to have a good time), regardless of if they are doing it via text in a game, is still a bad thing, and people who have the power to stop it are indeed doing so.

EDIT: I should add that this response is more appropriate for the sort of name I typically see when these sorts of threads are made. OP's name wasn't that bad.
Last edited by Bunnu on Jul 1, 2015, 5:23:35 PM
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

Because there's a difference between what happens in a story and what happens in real life? Terrible things like mass murder exist in Wraeclast but it is still displayed as a bad thing; there isn't a lot that you can do about it, but the exiles sure try. A real person showing unnecessary hatred towards other real people (especially in an online game, where the main purpose is for everyone to have a good time), regardless of if they are doing it via text in a game, is still a bad thing, and people who have the power to stop it are indeed doing so.

I didn't see what the OP's character name was but I can bet you it was more than just a name with a bad word.

Combination of bad words.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 1, 2015, 5:09:48 PM
After finding out what the name (probably) was, I have to admit I've seen this sort of thread plenty of times before and usually the name in question is way worse, but I can still see why GGG would err against it here.
I like it GGG become more like dota 2, GIEF 168 h MUTES!
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Just for everyones information, my name did not contain any words such as the F word, or any other words of that nature. It did however contain words related to the... male and female anatomy. It wasn't racist, it wasn't harmful, it was just a quote from a movie I though was kind of funny :p

That being said, I do realize it was not the most appropriate name for my character.
Last edited by bubblynuggets on Jul 1, 2015, 6:13:27 PM
Nah nah nah, you gotta work it in there, but just how so that it's still friendly. For example, my favorite character is named RowansCoC, perfectly acceptable name. It simply says that it's my Cast on Crit character. But, if you have a dirty mind.....it changes the name xD
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info