Why I did not buy a new supporter pack:

Hi,

I've bought a supporter pack each and every time they have been offered. Except for the awakening. The reason is straight forward. MTX are not released at a fast enough pace. The amount of skills missing mtx is high. Most skills that do have a mtx, only have 1. I understand that GGG has a hard time hiring people. I understand that GGG makes the majority of its money from stash tabs. And yet....

I have entered into a strange zone in a F2P game. One that makes it feel as though I don't need to spend anymore. Or rather, one that makes me feel why should I "top up", when I still have almost 2500 GGGold sitting in the bank. There could be so many different skill mtx available, and yet...It's usually armour mtx lately. There's only so much I care about how I *look*. I want my purchases to effect how I "see" the game. The power of my skills displayed in various colors, effects, etc.

I'm not saying to break the theme of the game in any way, shape or form. But as someone who very much enjoys this game, I find it weird that while I want to purchase again, I feel absolutely ZERO *need* too.

GGG, please, please give me more skills effects. I know they're more expensive to make (I would think anyways). Give me more aura effects. Less armours.

Sincerely,

A man with cash to burn, and nothing to buy.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There are heaps of new ones made and ready for the 2.0.0 launch. :)
"
Samantha wrote:

Are there more frogs? Because I will buy EVERY FROG YOU PUT IN FRONT OF ME.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Samantha wrote:

Hyped for that!!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Samantha wrote:

Glad to hear, and thank you for responding. Usually before a new expansion, mtx releases slow down as a result of the art team working on the new content (understandable). It just seemed like you guys went into armour for a very very long stretch. Pretty much right after some of the aura effects were introduced. As such, I haven't bought much. Vampiric I loved though.

I guess I just find the lack of even color options strange with how easy I would assume it would be for say, spells. Cheap mtx like that. Still love the ninja star or whatever EK.

Looking forward to the new stuff
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I guess I just find the lack of even color options strange with how easy I would assume it would be for say, spells. Cheap mtx like that. Still love the ninja star or whatever EK.

Looking forward to the new stuff

I think you make a very good point here. Just tweaking the colors on some skills and selling those as MTX. Green Flame Totem (flame effect) anyone? Huge potential revenue stream there I'd imagine.
If u are in the market for points, the supporter packs are great. If you are getting them for the effects, I wouldn't recommend these new packs. The weapon effects were a pretty huge letdown. The are nothing like the eternal or divine effects of old which were outstanding.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
If u are in the market for points, the supporter packs are great. If you are getting them for the effects, I wouldn't recommend these new packs. The weapon effects were a pretty huge letdown. The are nothing like the eternal or divine effects of old which were outstanding.

I don't think I've ever bought points for effects. Just packs, cause bang for buck. I'm just sitting on too many points because not enough mtx are released that cover everyone's taste. I still don't get why color options aren't offered for low amounts of points.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I don't think I've ever bought points for effects. Just packs, cause bang for buck. I'm just sitting on too many points because not enough mtx are released that cover everyone's taste. I still don't get why color options aren't offered for low amounts of points.

Agreed; palette-swaps, while they don't sell for much, ARE popular enough to net some money, and require next to no work; since it all relies upon existing meshes and animations (it's just a texture swap) there's no worries about it glitching if the original mode didn't glitch.

Simply put, one of the major things that's kept me from buying anything but stash tabs... Is the lack of any good MTXes that actually go for my build. I LOVE what I see on some of the skill MTXes; they can be rather clever. Just that none exist for any skills I actually currently use.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Agreed; palette-swaps, while they don't sell for much, ARE popular enough to net some money, and require next to no work; since it all relies upon existing meshes and animations (it's just a texture swap) there's no worries about it glitching if the original mode didn't glitch.

Simply put, one of the major things that's kept me from buying anything but stash tabs... Is the lack of any good MTXes that actually go for my build. I LOVE what I see on some of the skill MTXes; they can be rather clever. Just that none exist for any skills I actually currently use.

I am always in the market for more mundane weapon/armor MTX. Everything they release is usually too over the top for me.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info