Has anyone else noticed...

Since the number of beta invites have gone up, the quality of good threads and posts has dropped? It almost feels like a full inverse correlation.

Even when you come across a thread with a reasonable opening position, the replies are immediately quashing the idea instead of building or expanding on it.

I'm all for having balanced discussion and I welcome posts that present a logical counter position, but lately all I feel like I'm seeing are along the lines of 'that's dumb... that's not what a 'good' game should do... 0.9.2 was better... your logic is bad because it doesn't agree with my logic...'

Some helpful suggestions:
1. Read all the posts in the thread before replying.
2. Take some time to compose your thoughts so that they are presented clearly.
3. Don't attack the poster, challenge or support the idea.
4. If you have a counter position, state it clearly and explain why it is different.
5. If you are unclear on what is being discussed, ask for clarification.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Garr0t wrote:
Since the number of beta invites have gone up, the quality of good threads and posts has dropped? It almost feels like a full inverse correlation.

It's the standard procedure.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Its funny how some of us take your suggestions for granted, and others need to be told so.

But I applaud your efforts, friend.
Last edited by pr0fesser on Nov 26, 2011, 8:09:50 AM
yes i have noticed and i also know enough to know nothing can be done to stop it.

it will get worse at launch when these beta forums go away and we are all dumped in with the masses. its at that point that me and prolly the rest of my guildies will do what we always do...retreat to our own forums.

this place will get used to get updates and event/patch notes and thats about it :(
~SotW HC Guild~

the more people there are giving their opinions, the more people are going to disagree with each other. it happens in every single game. plus the more people that are added the more bums and trolls there are likely to be. people feel the need to be rude when they're on the internet. that's just how it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info