Need help with a complementary build

I've just started playing Path of Exile with a friend and am trying to find a good build to use together. He found this excellent ranger guide:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1168755/

I'm really struggling to find a build guide that complements his. I'm hoping to take advantage of his Hatred Aura, and also provide helpful Auras of my own. He will have everything cursed with warlord's mark so it seems useless to have a curse of my own.

I'm at lvl 50 and haven't allocated many SP of my own, does anyone have any advice for my Templar build?
"
RadarContact wrote:
I've just started playing Path of Exile with a friend and am trying to find a good build to use together. He found this excellent ranger guide:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1168755/

I'm really struggling to find a build guide that complements his. I'm hoping to take advantage of his Hatred Aura, and also provide helpful Auras of my own. He will have everything cursed with warlord's mark so it seems useless to have a curse of my own.

I'm at lvl 50 and haven't allocated many SP of my own, does anyone have any advice for my Templar build?

go summoner or shockwave totems.

if you go summoner your minions take advantage of his hatred aura and you can provide other auras of your choice plus your minions will come in very handy tanking for both of you.

shockwave totems are equally good they also benefit from hatred aura and knock back everything giving you much breathing room.

both builds synergise extremely well with his ranged archer build.

something like this should work for a summoner:

for shockwave totems something like this:

warlord's mark is a great all around curse that works with any build. i think it's the best curse in the game atm.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 27, 2015, 8:24:32 PM
Thanks Kompaniet,

That's really helpful. I like the idea of totems and generally being able to draw damage away from the ranger. I'm currently searching for gear before I allocate my points. I'll update with how it turns out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info