What has been changed since the end of invasion league?

Shortly before the end of invasion league I left and uninstall the game because I was disappointed with (in my opinion) how poorly the developers balance their game in many ways. But after it was announced that they finally introduced an alternative to desync, I am considering to come back. So I want to ask if there has been a big change in terms of balancing, mainly about old content, uniques and risk vs reward.
"
So I want to ask if there has been a big change in terms of balancing, mainly about old content, uniques and risk vs reward.

The most drastic changes are in the amount of content, netcode, and quality of life issues.

They have made a lot of balance changes, but they have followed the same pattern. If you were happy before with how they did things, good news they have done a lot more of that. If not, bad news they have done a lot more of that.
Patch notes and announcements that way ---->
Last edited by ImmaPokemon on Jun 24, 2015, 1:15:24 PM
"
Barivius wrote:
"
So I want to ask if there has been a big change in terms of balancing, mainly about old content, uniques and risk vs reward.

The most drastic changes are in the amount of content, netcode, and quality of life issues.

They have made a lot of balance changes, but they have followed the same pattern. If you were happy before with how they did things, good news they have done a lot more of that. If not, bad news they have done a lot more of that.

Can you explain what exactly do you mean with the same pattern, please?

Some other questions: Is the community still very toxic with arguments like "Go play Diablo 3/Hello Kitty" and "You are all spoiled brats"? Can I progress through the game normally without farming one place for x time or some godlike luck just by going through all main and optional places and killing monsters till there are less than 10 of them alive or is it still almost impossible without death?
You should be more specific about why you left. Desync is indeed fixed in the expansion beta, expected to go live July 10. There will be a ton of new content compared to when you left.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

So you want from me that I should read trough more than 10 announcements and patch notes and spend almost 2 hours for a game that I am barely interested in?
"
mucker wrote:
You should be more specific about why you left. Desync is indeed fixed in the expansion beta, expected to go live July 10. There will be a ton of new content compared to when you left.

Lets begin with the 6-link being hard to gain that resultet with two-handed weapons being crippled of their advantage to be a 6-link in comparision to one handed weapons. Then there is the roll chance of pre- and affix tiers that greatly favor low tiers instead of equal chance rolls which is a letdown for builds that are depending of their gear (which are almost every builds with attack gems) in comparision to builds that are more independent of their gear (mostly spells). Then there were huge balance issues that have already been discussed in the forums (melee vs ranged, 2-handed vs everything else, uniques that are so bad that they wouldn´t even be considered to be weared by the niche they cater for or are just game-breaking like aziris gloves. And last but not least the lack of loot that is good enough to progress through the game without the danger of being 1-shotted of some attack that is hard to avoid to favor trading gave me the feeling that I am playing a game that is originally designed to be pay to win but the developers cut everything from the online shop except the skins out in the last moment so they can do positive PR for their game.
If that is your opinion of the game, then IMHO you might as well leave and go play something else.
6links are not required at all for end game and will never be easy to acquire. Although they are now easier than ever to obtain.
RNG on gear drops is built in a game about loot finding. You won't find your class set to roflstomp end game in 4 hours.
Melee vs ranged I agree is an issue and from what I've seen Awakening isn't fixing that. But desync is mostly gone so melee's survivability by jumping out of danger will increase.

FYI I play solo self found and have no problem finding the gear and advancing through content. Sure you might die or get 1 shotted sometimes but there are ways around.
"
Namcap wrote:
If that is your opinion of the game, then IMHO you might as well leave and go play something else.
6links are not required at all for end game and will never be easy to acquire. Although they are now easier than ever to obtain.
RNG on gear drops is built in a game about loot finding. You won't find your class set to roflstomp end game in 4 hours.
Melee vs ranged I agree is an issue and from what I've seen Awakening isn't fixing that. But desync is mostly gone so melee's survivability by jumping out of danger will increase.

FYI I play solo self found and have no problem finding the gear and advancing through content. Sure you might die or get 1 shotted sometimes but there are ways around.

Can you please get out of your record player mode and read again, because your answer doesn´t match with what I´m saying.
"
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

So you want from me that I should read trough more than 10 announcements and patch notes and spend almost 2 hours for a game that I am barely interested in?

If youre so "barely" interested in it youre not going to play for long anyways, so why give you a different response?
Last edited by ImmaPokemon on Jun 24, 2015, 2:35:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info