What have you been playing lately?

"
Friend and I killed the last dragon in Dragon's Crown last night, in our early 80s. I don't recall the last time I took a game so far -- we stopped after normal playthroughs of BL2 and D3. The thought of repeating either was just too much to consider. Dragon's Crown, on the other hand, combines the desire to upgrade your gear via repetitive play with extremely satisfying side-scrolling carnage.

Looking forward to the 'post-game' endless dungeon now.

__

Summoners War is nowhere near as comprehensive as Monster Rancher I believe. It's just a simple party-based game where you form a monster-based group and progress through a fairly basic story with the usual 'daily stamina' limitations. There's also an arena with its own stamina and daily dungeons you want to grind/farm for various components. Probably the key element that elevates SW is the rune system, that allows you to equip runes to each monster, upgrade them once equipped, and form sets. It's nothing new but it's very well done in SW. In-game currency manages runes perfectly well.

Also, for whatever reason, the devs are extremely generous with stamina boosts. I'm usually 'overcapped' for my level whenever I log in.

Naturally, the super rare monsters are acquired with purchased 'scrolls' but just as naturally you can do the same with in-game currency that your 'base' generates gradually. Games like these rely entirely on impatience and greed. Don't get too competitive and you'll be fine.

Unfortunately my friend isn't able to sit down and play games like dragon's crown for super long and multiple times in a row, so we're at like level 50 after I had to carry him through the first dragon fight as my dwarf :p. Havent really progressed past that point, but I love how different each classes playstyles are, and how even within clases you can make unique playstyles. My current level 50 is a Tank-unarmed grappler, I just throw my hammers at the enemy, run up to them and start throwing them everywhere.

In regards to Summoners war, I looked it up last night and realized what it is. I have a few friends who play it, but its not my style of game. (I also see them playing it on their phones and since I have no cellphone I don't know if it's mobile only.)
I would love an online Monster rancger game with some competition. It would make me so happy ^^
Just picked up Borderlands 2 GOTY bundle at Humble Bundle for $15. Almost 3 years late, but having fun with it. I played the original Borderlands when it was new, but never upgraded. Already sank 20 hours into Borderlands 2, clipping along pretty well. Might go back and play Borderlands 1 again later too since the bundle came with the 4 DLCs I didn't have for that.
Sid Meier's Sim Golf, PoE and mostly the game of IRL.
Been getting alot more into Osu! recently.
Ugh effort
Theoretically: Now playing D3 PTR 2.3
Servers are full as fuck.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
ghamadvar wrote:

No they're not! That gaem is so ded! ;)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
cs:go, poe, and tried out a game called hammerwatch it is very good if you like some old school gauntlet action and have a few buddies to play with.

"
Sid Meier's Sim Golf

ah ha, got it working then!
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jul 2, 2015, 4:16:44 PM
"
LostForm wrote:
cs:go, poe, and tried out a game called hammerwatch it is very good if you like some old school gauntlet action and have a few buddies to play with.

"
Sid Meier's Sim Golf

ah ha, got it working then!

Oh yes! Still only full screen though (800X600) :)
^ Kudos to that. I got it recently too but it was just too frustrating I didn't have the patience to get very in far it. Awesome looking game though
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:

No they're not! That gaem is so ded! ;)

Yeah. Deeeeeeeeed.
Man, eight hours waiting time on european servers.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info