What have you been playing lately?

Grim Dawn.Definitely seeing an evolvement from Titan Quest now like it hasn't scrapped features but extended them(the relic system).
Last edited by Kavlor on Jun 27, 2015, 3:24:04 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:
Heroes of the Storm

Any good? I got a key when it was in beta but didn't end up playing it because I realized it sounds too much like digitized communism.

It's decent. It's a lot of resource allocation and objective trading. It's also really snowbally but can swing really hard if the winning team misplays. It also really simplifies power spikes, exp allocation, and objective importance since all objectives do the same thing. in HoTS all objectives do the exact same thing; attack your opponents base. The way in which it does it and how you capture that objective is unique to each map and are pretty interesting. Now take league, theres 5 basic objectives that function in every game (technically 6 but since the way exp is handled is so fundamentally different that I won't include them as they are objectives in both games.

Also A lot of people have nostalgia for blizzard, I am not one of those people. I really only played D2 and this game offers no love for D2 players so far. ( I want my Baal, my Mephisto)

It basically comes down to
HoTS- Map Objective, Exp, Neutral Camps, Towers.
League- Baron, Dragon, wards, minion waves/gold, Neutral Camps, Towers, Exp

Basically in general there is a lot more strategy per individual game in League, but its debatable when you compare all Heroes maps vs Leagues 5v5 (and even if you include the 3v3 map) as each one has its own meta.

I personally prefer league over HoTS but it has its merits, thus whyu I've been playing league for 6 years.

Though there was a game that looked like it was going to be better than league for me.
unfortunately it was under EA. Dawngate was looking so good, then EA pulled the plug because it wasnt as big as league even though it was only just getting into open beta... I hate EA :(
I was playing the Russian game prime world. free to play and before that I played last chaos before gamigo bought them out.
I bought sid meiers civilization but was disappointed and I have tomb raider but am not real good at that, lol.
I applied for a couple of the open betas but only heard back from 1 and I am busy with this one right now.
Last edited by rediornot on Jun 27, 2015, 11:14:26 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Currently into my 3rd month of League of Legends and still loving it. I found people stopped telling me to "get aids and ebola and die" after I improved a bit, and have been having a great time since then.

League is definitely fun when you stop going 3-12. Still can't play it without at least 2-3 friends though. Half the fun is on Skype
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

The main method for preventing snowball in HOTS, from the little bit I've played, seems to be to rely on your opponents mistakes and/or trade Map objectives for towers. And while it is technically a viable option to do a comeback if its the only option it becomes grating and annoying.

IN terms of matchmaking, League has the same problem for normals and since you can't do ranked until like level 40 in HOTS I doubt you're talking about ranked. I remember one time in a Teambuilder It was me and two friends were at that time silver-silver-gold, and we got queued against a 4-man team of three diamonds and a Masters-tier. Me and my freind wreckelled the Diamond 2 - Masters bot lane, but Laning isn't all that matters in that game and thier map pressure caused them to snowball top and mid. So needless to say match making is just as broken in league.

As for it being complete trash, I definitely disagree. it has its merits as its all about team play and objective control and has some in-depth strategy. It's also moderately enjoy the Talent system, I just dislike more about the game overall. I mostly use it when I'm tired of the toxicity in league to train objective oriented play. But theres a reason I've been playing league for 6 years and still play it almost every night while I only play HOTS 1-2 times a week, if even that.

The big thing that irks me about HOTS is that it has, so far, given no love to D2 players. They dicked us over with D3 (even though I enjoy D3 to some extent as a Hack-and-slash brawler and not an ARPG, but the problems stems from them advertising it as a ARPG) and they have yet to include something from d2.

Anyways the only game that I liked mroe than league in the Moba Genre is Dawngate, but EA pulled the plug on them so they're gone

For some reason It was not letting me post a comment with you in quotes. No idea why...
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Icholas wrote:

And PoE.

Which one? Also fun fact, that other PoE is getting a version 2.0 pretty soon. Would be funny if it arrives at the same time as our PoE 2.0

Our PoE. The other one looks pretty good too tho.

We tested it extensively
The Witcher 3.

Words can not describe how good this game is.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
I've heard words are actually a bit of an issue with Witcher 3. Also, I'm one of those people who can't bring themselves to play a game in a series without at least looking at what came before, so I started reading The Last Wish.

Man oh man is that shit fluffy. Mostly made me just crave a reread of the Night Watch books. Must be something to do with the translation.

It's sort of like Vampire Hunter D, through a Polish lens. Not a bad thing, but entirely too episodic for my tastes.

Witcher itself, as a game series, has always been praised but I'd feel bad playing it when I found the source material not to my tastes.

Then again, I loved the shit out of the Wheel of Time FPS and never made it past book 4, so...maybe when the price becomes a little more realistic.

Just play 1,2,3 ;) Books are not needed. It is like this movie-book-thing. The games have their own style, story and elements. And especially here, CD Project went their own way.

Regarding the words: Dialogues, stories, fluff are just brillant in my opinion. And having Doug Cockle as Geralt's Voice is just awesome. Reminds me a lot of David Hayter...
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I feel the need to defend HotS. If you stop looking at it as just another moba and start seeing it as a different game you will probably have a lot of fun with it. It really isn't that comparable to doto or LoL because it plays more like WoW battlegrounds. The heroes are fun to play, the 6 different maps ensure you have some variety while playing and the Blizzard universe bonus is just huge for Blizz fans. Yes it's rather simplistic compared to doto, yes it will get stale if you decide to nolife it like doto but as a casual game for in between it's really awesome imo.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Yea, probably. I Couldn't even sit through the tutorial for HoTS. I quit it and never looked back. I am used to playing Heroes of Newerth, the best moba, so it was too much of a stepdown/change for me.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info