Feb 15: 4h Solo HC (Calibration - no prizes)

It was my first race, and my total experience in PoE is about 50 hours. The event was quite fun from my newbish point of view, though playing for more than 3 hours in succession seems to be little tiresome.
#40 as a result.
Thanks, GGG!
Boots from Pools and Stream and Bow in Pyramid. 1,1k hp at the end, way overkill. Guessing this will be my highest rank ever, not expecting top 20 once all the usual suspects are back.

Spoiler

PS! I know my LMP isn't used, it was on my PA until I got the +1 bow.
Last edited by TommiHelm on Feb 14, 2013, 7:03:15 PM
"
Melly_me wrote:

I think we should petition for progression-focused races. Not wanting to take anything from Dodeface for winning, but I feel being as manmode as ssnodgrass1283 was should deserve more recognition. Also kudos to nugiyen, and myapeli is so good it's scary, he would have progressed and probably also won levelling on top of it if it wasn't for that death.

Agreed. Def want to see more focus on progression for races.

Ya Myapeli was crazy fast, I think I was farming CoS when he made it to the docks.
#65, 4th Witch

First time I've ever been in top 5 of any class, but I noticed the absence of some certain Witch superstar Racers.

Did Flooded Depths & Great White Beast, figured with 4 hours I'd have time and wanted to keep the char after the race - but in future races of any length (aside from week long ones) I'd probably skip the side areas.

Also the first time I played a race of any duration from the very beginning to the end, took 1 break at the 2 hour mark.

4 Hours is a Decent duration, it did start to drag towards the end. As far as a "short" long race format, 4 hours would be perfect. I couldn't imagine actively participating in any race that was between 5-48 hours long.

Week long races are still my favorite - they feel like reading a really good novel you just can't put down until it's finished.
#79 (24 level)
Funny Pick just watch :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LoL ...
Spoiler

That was my first race finished i was like 20 min behind so i am extremely happy :D
GG...
"Having a Key, having a game, Playing all day"
Life is just a game.
IGN: Twitch/Tox2
Last edited by Toxic999 on Feb 14, 2013, 6:56:59 PM
LOL @ Toxic I came 78th :p lucky for me you didnt kill him I spose. :)

I got nowhere close to killing him BTW.
this was my first race too bad there was no prices :(
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
Bloodstone wrote:
LOL @ Toxic I came 78th :p lucky for me you didnt kill him I spose. :)

I got nowhere close to killing him BTW.

Gz for you :D it was funny :D
"Having a Key, having a game, Playing all day"
Life is just a game.
IGN: Twitch/Tox2
Rank 70 after dying to a fuckton of Merveil Cold Snaps and being 1 hour late. (17 to be exact, before anyone says it)

Took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to get where I was on the reroll. Vaal kill came at 2 hour 5 minutes which is kinda meh but I screwed up bad in Weavers and stuff. I also took the time to level to 24 because I was SO close when I entered Vaal.
Spoiler

I would like to see a big prize come in solo races for the following progression:
1 hour: Kill Fidelitas (or Weaver? I think Weaver would be too easy)
2 hour: Free Clarissa (possibly more)
3 hour: Kill Kohl (General Grievous is a bit too early, imo, although with the RNG of Solaris generation could be considered fine)
4 hour: Kill Cruel Merveil.
These are meant to be high and hard to get so that it's possible for multiple people to win.

Also, there should be an orb prize for full clearing Catacombs, much like there is for clearing cave/fetid/dread or killing Fairgraves. Don't think General Grievous should though.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Feb 14, 2013, 8:19:29 PM
A poor race for our hero. I went into this race with no act 3 race experience and no plan on what exactly to do when i got there. Ive also played a3 norm exactly once (on my hc main) so i had to check just before the race what all the zone levels were and which had waypoints etc. I still managed to mess up, thinking warehouses had an above ground waypoint when it didnt. I also thought id want 2x quicksilver flasks and ran my gem mule to hailrake; this turned out to be a waste of time as i never really had room for the 2nd after coves and didnt need it in my final grinding spot. Last mistake was progressing to battlefront at 24, which was pointless with how far behind i was (about 20 mins behind leader to oversoul) and i had forgotten the exact monster spawns there anyway and wasnt geared well enough to grind without huge risk of death.

Drops were average except for scrolls, which just didnt drop at all through all of a2. I ran completely out of scrolls 5-6 times due to this and had to split alt/trans shard stacks and sell whites constantly. It took until crossings to get move boots but they were 15%, and a strong rare 15% replaced them in western. Boss battles all went smoothly and without issue. Desync was present but managable. I returned to city of sarn at 24 with about an hour left and grinded to the finish.

Dem fine boots:

- The current race setup where we just reach a desired easy/dense zone and grind it for an hour or more could use to be replaced with one where we are rewarded for completing campaign quests and killing major bosses and progressing through the storyline. This would be more skill intensive for the players and less boring for players and stream watchers both.

- As mentioned earlier in the thread, catacombs should have an all-clear prize.

- At least one of each basic white item available at the players current level should spawn at the vendors. Random drops are good fun in races, but not being able to get basic non class-specific white gear (flasks, rings, belts etc) due to multiple levels of bad vendor rng is taking the random factor a bit too far, especially considering many of these cant be crafted.

Level 31, 6th place shadow and 14th overall in the end.

GG all, see you next race!
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info