Feb 15: 4h Solo HC (Calibration - no prizes)

I'd like to see completionist prizes, or simply a different race type altogether. With prizes set for the first to complete ALL quests in each respective act.

It would give players more chance to play strategy, and next to no chance that one player could scoop the lot.

i.e. A player may decide that they'd have a better chance at getting a prize by blitzing through act 1 and 2 by skipping the side quests, (much like you would in the races over the past few days). Then solely focusing on completing all the act 3 quests first to try and win that prize, etc.

"Gotta go fast!" would still apply, but with a twist.
For second straight race, I was the first to enter Terraces:

WOOOOOT

:)

I hope one day I'll win the race, damn^^

Congratz to the winners and top people.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Feb 14, 2013, 11:49:48 PM
I want to see a race that just end with killing Piety, so first to kill her wins and is done but rest continue.

Can set a 5-6h timelimit so it doesnt run forever but would be fun to see.

Whens the next one???
damn this one turned out dissapointing for me, had a great start, just the one i missed out on the last one or for that mather never even got. Ironic enough my death happened like 1 minute after my quicksilver drop, so i guess i was kind of caught up in the moment ^^

Anyways, got my 10% ms boots just after brutus (transmuted then augmented the 10%...), and had a quicksilver drop in cavern of anger i think its called (the first of the 2). Everything was really easy up til this point, so i just went melee range pretty much at this unique mob which does spark and got a shockstack and the next halfsecond hit by 2 more sparks, well didn't even forsee the scenario. Humiliating way to die.

Well... looking forward to next one

Nice, a duelist won. Maybe the class will get popular, or simply not be a minority, with wins like that.
"
celebrar wrote:
Nice, a duelist won. Maybe the class will get popular, or simply not be a minority, with wins like that.

His early game tree is amazing. Easy access to 2 life nodes and attack speed. The problem for him is late game builds. He is at a bad position. He's far away from resolute techique. Mainly for late game builds he has to go away from his own tree to get them. I think GGG is well aware and maybe we just haven't seen a viable way to play him but I'm sure they will push us in that direction.
ign = zapdos
Congrats, everyone!

Extended statistics for this race http://poestatistics.com/events/feb-15-solo-hc-race/
http://path-of-exile.pl Polska strona

http://poestatistics.com Ladder statistics
"
"
celebrar wrote:

His early game tree is amazing. Easy access to 2 life nodes and attack speed. The problem for him is late game builds. He is at a bad position. He's far away from resolute techique. Mainly for late game builds he has to go away from his own tree to get them. I think GGG is well aware and maybe we just haven't seen a viable way to play him but I'm sure they will push us in that direction.

Actually his early tree is generally considered pretty meh. Also there were a lot of things that led to him winning.
1. 3 Different awesome uniques. Silverbranch (#1 poison arrow bow in races), Foxshade (+6% move speed on chest), Peregrine (+10% move speed on helm)
2. A lot of top ranked players pushing for Cruel and dying. Snod, the person that made it to Cruel, had a lot of mess ups and I'm amazed he even managed to kill Piety at 3h40m. He even forgot to get Tolman's bracelet in Crematorium after killing Piety lol.

I do believe that in general the popular spec tends to be Dual Wield cleave, but I can't confirm that.

On that note, the level progression of zones is broken. Lunaris Normal level 3 is a level 34 zone, but Cruel Terraces is only level 33, and Cruel Ledge is 35. I feel like Ledge should at least be 36 or 37, and Cruel Terraces should be 34 or 35. Probably 34.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Feb 15, 2013, 10:50:28 AM
"
TheuberClips wrote:

On that note, the level progression of zones is broken. Lunaris Normal level 3 is a level 34 zone, but Cruel Terraces is only level 33, and Cruel Ledge is 35. I feel like Ledge should at least be 36 or 37, and Cruel Terraces should be 34 or 35. Probably 34.

^^ Especially considering 4th place stopped at city of sarn to grind. Maybe this points more to races needing to stay at 3 hours than the zones being broken though. The zones are balanced around the complete game (A 37 ledge would compress all the following levels - and that'd be like the devs saying that ledge is the special place where you should stop in races).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info