[2.0] 二刀流 "Nitōryū" Endgame Reave by fiqst

"
Etherfire wrote:
Ugh. I was playing around with some random shit(abyssus for atziri runs), flicker strike, etc.I also sold my acuity as my next build does not require it. This means that im just using it the increased crit gem temporarily. What I mean to say is don't look at my current setup :D.

To clarify, when using soul taker I have about 91% crit and with another dagger it's capped.

Sure Etherfire. Let us know when your set-up is complete. Was about to spec to Bino/Soultaker. It's cheaper than a GG rare sword/dagger and Death Hand. Would be keen to follow your spec.

Of course without budget constraints, I would have probably gone with a Death Hand but prices in standard are crazy right now, it being a pure stat stick and all.
After playing the Dual Strike some more, I swapped the gem out for Reave to test it and ended up decided to use it from now on. Before the swap, I had a max of 1.3 mill tooltip dps with Melee Splash and 1.8 mill with Added Fire. Having that much dps on Dual Strike was just too much for reflect.
It didn't take much to change to Reave as the passive tree is almost identical. Changed less than 5 nodes. Items+gems are pretty much the same as well.

Gear

Passive Tree

I've begun thinking about not using Abyssus anymore. Reflect in solo play is mostly a non-issue, but in a full party, it's quite dangerous. I have 4.5k life and I'm capped on res, but I still feel pretty squishy.
Thanks for posting that.

I've added your endgame dagger version to the builds list.

2.0 reave is the best melee skill around, and is the true successor to my old dual strike build.

All the videos in the OP are made with rat's nest, soul taker and AA. So as you can see, it is very powerful yet quite tanky.

Over the last couple of weeks I've played with abyssus and deaths hand. The clear speed is very fast and almost everything shatters in 1 or 3 hits, even with increased AoE.

You can tell when your over-dps'ing when you roll over a rogue exile without even noticing.

But the full defense of soul taker, rats nest and AA was rock solid and still maintained a fast pace.

I'll add this old version back into the op since it's still quite good.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 16, 2015, 3:51:52 AM
Added a section for the survivalist version i'm currently running:

The Survivalist build

This version is the one currently in use and has the best balance between offence and defence.

I am completely reflect immune without flasks, even in 6 man parties. This allows me to be very aggressive at all times without watching for reflect. I can also play in almost all mods, so i can actively roll for 100%+ quality maps. I do skip reflect mods though.

Abyssus vs. Rat's Nest

The choice was to lose massive crit damage or enhance attack speed.

IAS works very well with reave because each hit micro-freezes enemies and more often than not keeps them outside their melee distance. This works particularly well against charging enemies like rhoas, where they would freeze in mid charge.

The added speed of attacks ensures that they remain in place.

Rat's Nest is also important against physical incoming damage and physical reflect.

Most things die in 1 or 2 hits anyway so the clear speed difference is minor.

Soul Taker

This was a defensive choice. The soul taker allows 100% mana reservation which means another 25% aura. In this case Arctic Armour.

The combination of Acro+Phase, 10 second Vaal Grace, 3 Endurance Charges, Fortify and Arctic Armour means:

75% dodge
64% spell dodge
12% block
44% physical damage reduction from AA+Fort+EC
10% physical damage reduction from armour
79% fire resistance from AA

plus a 2 second immortal call if there is a hit.

I've been playing around with these unique jewels:

Chill of Corruption

This makes Vaal Reave cycle 40% faster, and i can maintain max reave distance for more time during a map. The option is there to use multiple Vaal Skills more often. Very nice jewel.

Inspired Learning

You can equip this easily in this part of the tree:

This jewel is just a luxury item that doesn't add much to clear speed. But its quite fun to see how many buffs you can get at the same time.
I also dropped Abyssus almost right after making the previous post, and can mostly do solo reflect without worry now (90% of reflect mobs do nothing, but once in a while I kill 1 and drop to 10%).
For a party, though, it's different. Phys reflect I can do without flasks. Probably. I still pop them just in case, but with IC giving immunity it should be possible to just hit them without worry. For ele reflect, however, I definitely need flasks and even then it gets sketchy at times.
Other than dropping dps nodes for life there's not much I can do, but there's no nearby life and I'd have to drop even more points so I could travel distance as well.
I could do like you and drop Death's Hand for Soul Taker to get AA, but the dps from Death's Hand is chaos which doesn't get reflected. Plus I just sold my Soul Taker yesterday so it'd be weird to go buy one now.

But still, as long as I pop flasks, I at least survive for long enough to stop attacking, which is what I've been doing so far.
Last edited by Exiled_Wanderer on Aug 19, 2015, 2:42:23 PM
I may be a little retarded, bot on your video it looks like you have saved whole mana, and you're able to use Reave. How? I mean this one http://youtu.be/iRY9kj1Fnj8
"
gabarunes wrote:
I may be a little retarded, bot on your video it looks like you have saved whole mana, and you're able to use Reave. How? I mean this one http://youtu.be/iRY9kj1Fnj8

All the vids are made with the survivalist version, that uses soul taker and rats nest
How am I supposed to get and stay on Power Charges? I have only 3 and it's pretty hard to get them. My % for crit is 12.55% and crit multi is like 520%. I would like to have more % for crit on Reave, how can I have it?
You get Power Charges through Assassin's Mark from Herald of Thunder cursing nearby mobs with Curse on Hit.

You need a weapon with physical damage and higher base crit. And you need to take crit chance from your passive tree. It's a crit build, so I don't know why you avoided all the crit nodes.
I wonder from where you get mana for reave?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info