passive tree Build advice for very first duelist

Hi,

I'm trying to stay away from resolute technique. I'm not sure how powerful this will be by end game . I would love some advice if your willing to give it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYAXgOHBLEFtQguD6sUjhUgFewV9ha_Fz4ZihmOGbQajxutI_Yk_SaVKgsqTSzpMHEwfDGeNZI4ljpCPydHfkp9SshLeExgTZJN41FHUUxTNVVLVvpbr2BBYeJieWNwZU1noG6qb55wUncHd9d9W311fyuA4YMJhNmHE4d2jDaNfY2_lWaZK5u1nKSjiqZXpn-sR7GztUi18rcXuR29Nr2BvqfAdsM6ykrKkMrT037UI9aK2L3dDd2o4l7jn-dU7UHtg-_j8-r22vsJ_MX-j_66_94=

Thanks
Hi I got some views but no response Does my skill tree link not work?
You need to focus a bit more on accuracy and life, but aside from that it's fine.

Unless you absolutely need Charisma, I'd recommend something like this.

Also, you're not taking any weapon type-specialized nodes...but are passing right next to a lot of them. What weapon are you planning on using?
thanks for the intel

I switch thing around abit and was wonder what you thought

I'm thinking of a life leech claw welder but i'm a little worried about coming up short with INT. I also don't exactly understanded VAAL pact

here is the build

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nYEFjcL02ZU1HfoTZAdy-ingNqW5sRnJsMglWLd7lFKm18m20qAdngDboWK8B56cw8pxul_e-RmkZtDWS2L1KyG6q3Q0s6crTW69ieQAGFfbglbLcn4JW6AhJkArMBnLDqws6sz8n_o9N46ZXwONLV_Gzb57KSlFMrEd9WypN037vevajr6eVZgOH7-OSgJoXapXQCWXxu3whAyLqm7XDOujW6xTWB4_BSxyNgRX9tMXC7AW1napirGyMb1dF9GSvijgbrdaKfyswfFFHjb8=
Last edited by DrKnowone on Jun 15, 2015, 10:03:29 PM
I don´t get why you try to avoid Resolute Technique, when you don´t go crit?
25% Crit from the tree is nothing - if you are new to the game:
It does NOT mean, that 1 out of 4 attacks will crit!
If your weapon has a base crit of 5%, then 25% of the base crit will be added.
So your total crit chance is 6,25% (assuming you had 100% accuracy, which is impossible). Even if you max your accuracy, you´ll probably have a total crit chance of 6% at best.

Having said that, you´ve got only 86% life.
Aim for 150-200% as a melee char, otherwise you won´t survive.

Next thing is:
You´ve spent 109 points on the tree. Depending on your choice regarding the bandits, this means your build is going to work at level 89-92.
Aim for a build that works at level 80. Do not spend more points since the levelling process will slow down a lot from that point on and I highly doubt, that your spec offers enough survivability to get there.
"
DrKnowone wrote:
I'm thinking of a life leech claw welder but i'm a little worried about coming up short with INT. I also don't exactly understanded VAAL pact

here is the build...

1) Don't worry about stats, since you can get them from gear.

2) Vaal Pact makes it so that your life leech is instant, but applies at 40% of it's usual value. This means that when you hit for 100 damage, rather than leeching 10 hp (10% leech) over the next 1-2 seconds or so, you get 4 hp right away. This works very well with claws because currently multiple instances of leech do not stack and they tend to go over the leech cap/sec.

3) Your initial build was definitely better than the new one. Once again: you need life. Also, try to make your trees more efficient...
Consider this: path A takes 5 travel nodes to reach X, path B takes 2 travel nodes to reach X, and path C takes 4 nodes (3 travel + another decent node Y).
Path A is immediately discarded due to B being strictly superior, but picking between B and C may not be as easy because it will be strictly dependent on the quality of node Y.

"
Orbaal wrote:
I don´t get why you try to avoid Resolute Technique, when you don´t go crit?
25% Crit from the tree is nothing

Claws aren't the best at critting, but they aren't horrible at it either...however there isn't any significant amount of crit/accuracy nodes, so it might actually be better to drop the those nodes in favor of RT.

Also, this latest tree has 150% crit from the tree, capping the build at around 22% crit with a well-rolled claw and no power charges/crit gear.

Crit vs. RT

(x=accuracy, y=crit%)
To beat RT you need to be above the line.
Last edited by bullgaria on Jun 18, 2015, 11:17:13 AM
Thanks for taking me to school and taking the time to discuss this build with me.As you have noted I am a total newb to this game and am def having trouble trying to figure out an interesting build that won't fail me at the end of the game .My initial thought were of a tanky build that leeches life through claws,

Before I post another disaster could please answer some question for me

Can a life leech/vaal pact build be effective without the blood drinker and soul raker keystones?
If so how?

I was hoping to use double strike and frenzy with the life leech and melee splash support stones does this make sense?

What is needs to be taken into account to make an effective vaal pact build? Is all life leech? how do you know what the cap is for life leech?How easy is is to get there from gear? di have to use claws or can you use any weapon?

This what I have so far,try not laugh. he is around 37th lvl and I would rather get some help now then continuing to mess thing up. If You could take a look maybe give some suggestion i would really appreciate it.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmy3d41859Oawq76nR369NmVNbmnV-ITZAdy-ingN975ul_KcpzAB5zboWK8qOKluFKne5VYtMglybGxGZ4CoB220tfJgQWNw
"
DrKnowone wrote:

Can a life leech/vaal pact build be effective without the blood drinker and soul raker keystones?
If so how?

I was hoping to use double strike and frenzy with the life leech and melee splash support stones does this make sense?

I wouldn´t recommend to pick up Vaal Pact early on in the game.
It´s not efficient unless you have stacked a lot leech.

In order to do so, I would recommend to utilize the Blood Rage Gem. It provides you with huge amounts of leech but drains some life at the same time. As long as you are fighting (and therefore leeching life) you´ll hardly notify the drain. In between mobs it might cause some trouble though.
To avoid that, pick up chaos resist on gear or the tree (Purity of Flesh Cluster, north of Templar start area).

Other stuff:
It seems you are very concerned about mana and you tend to pick up a lot of mana stuff round the tree. Try to get 2-3% mana leech on gear or pick up Mind Drinker in the Shadow area and you are set.
Any points invested in mana are wasted in the long run.
kinda screwed the pouch on vaal pact I already took it.

If I want "leech" to work does that mean I should head towards soulraker?
Yes and pick up "Blood Drinker" as well, it´s next to soul raker - but I doubt that´s enough.

You´ll need way more leech, which isn´t a big deal using claws.
Aim for 20-30% leech in total.
Including gear, gems and passive tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info