Annoyed at some sellers who has stuff listed on poe.trade

I love how the OP highlights one of the many flaws with the trade system and the community's overall reaction is to start attacking him and making up (with zero evidence) assumptions about the various things he *must* have done wrong. Hey, it's not his fault we have to use a clumsy 3rd party site that's unreliable and stuff accidentally winds up for sale with wrong prices, etc.

Idk both sides of the specific story here, but I blame the system way more than either party, so let's lay off the OP?
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Jul 2, 2015, 2:22:04 PM
"
Spokodude wrote:
I usually don't respond to people who whisper me things like, "how much for your lowroll void battery?" ... especially when the item isn't even a low roll. People simply fishing for discounts

It's much better when they copy paste from poe.trade
"WTB your XXX for XXX Exalted Orbs on <INSERT LEAGUE>."
Proceeds to your Hideout and proceed to put some random item they believe is worth the price of your item, and think it's okay*....

*Bonus points if they start to rage when you deny them the trade
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on Jul 2, 2015, 2:26:35 PM
"
demon9675 wrote:
I love how the OP highlights one of the many flaws with the trade system and the community's overall reaction is to start attacking him

Welcome to the internet, and a F2P forum, where this is more true than ever.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jul 2, 2015, 2:36:43 PM
As a trader myself i always respond to a whisper. Even if im in a rotation, dailies or map, find a safe place and whisper back 'be with you in five ten mins just in..........' 9/10 people are happy to wait.
Politeness goes a long way.......

Ty Gl Hf:)
Razza2
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
Spokodude wrote:
I usually don't respond to people who whisper me things like, "how much for your lowroll void battery?" ... especially when the item isn't even a low roll. People simply fishing for discounts

It's much better when they copy paste from poe.trade
"WTB your XXX for XXX Exalted Orbs on <INSERT LEAGUE>."
Proceeds to your Hideout and proceed to put some random item they believe is worth the price of your item, and think it's okay*....

*Bonus points if they start to rage when you deny them the trade

Well I guess I got some bonus points, since when I did respond and told him it was not a low roll and I wasn't interested in trading, he called me an "ignorant f*ck." Reported and ignored
"
demon9675 wrote:
I love how the OP highlights one of the many flaws with the trade system and the community's overall reaction is to start attacking him and making up (with zero evidence) assumptions about the various things he *must* have done wrong. Hey, it's not his fault we have to use a clumsy 3rd party site that's unreliable and stuff accidentally winds up for sale with wrong prices, etc.

Idk both sides of the specific story here, but I blame the system way more than either party, so let's lay off the OP?

Pointing out flaws in the system is one thing.
Did you actually read the OP? His rant basically states (in a passive aggressive way) that people who mistakenly put a wrong buyout on an item ,and only realize after getting the whisper, must be scamming rude troglodytes with no sense of honor.
The system isn't perfect no doubt, I have many frustrations on a daily basis in the trading game too, but OP's post weren't really constructive and imho full of vitriol towards people he only interacted with once. It can really be boiled down to 'I didn't get my scepter for 4 c'.
maybe are we bored about offer like : "hi,i want to by your pledge of hand 6s/5l for 3 ex"........or "350 dps 1h sword for 20 chaos"......lol.i wish a good evening to everyone....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Any procurement error results in a ton of ppl clamoring to buy said item at 1/10th the price Even when the first thing u say is LISTING ERROR trying to fix they often act indignant as if the listed price is some form of legal agreement then after ranting for a while they will tell u to fix the listing (whats the first thing i said ffs). Lucky its just a game and some low baller discussions are kinda amusing, like the guy who wanted my 5l6s atziri axe for 6ex since a 6l is on sale for 36ex and the value added of 6l is 30ex exactly?
Last edited by Fhark on Jul 2, 2015, 4:08:00 PM
You get some good trades and some bad ones. Move on from the bad ones and learn something from it. That is all.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
I never ask for any more (or less) than 1c for anything. Never offer more (or less) than 1c for anything either.

That's how winning is done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info