Annoyed at some sellers who has stuff listed on poe.trade

Seriously annoyed at some people who use poe.trade yet for no reason just ignore you when you try to buy their item. No I'm not undercutting as I'm just using their b/o price, and no they're not afk because I added them to my list and clearly see them teleporting from place to place. I mean if you have something listed up there then obviously you're trying to sell it, unless you're just trolling around (in which case seriously wtf)? Even if you accidentally underprice an item, or don't want to sell it, at least message back? If I underprice an item I'd always message back either "sorry it's unavailable now" or "sorry it's underpriced, I have to change the price". It'd be great if people learn some manners now and then.

/rant
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 11, 2015, 2:57:17 PM
You do know that people don't list items with poe.trade, right? Poe.trade just takes all the items listed in the trade forums here and indexes them so you can search through them.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Its not a perfect system by any means but really its all we have
I dont see any any key!
Also, they might be really busy or have /dnd on.
Did you check WHEN they listed the item? I've had people contact me asking for an item on standard that I had originally listed 4+ MONTHS ago...probably in one of the temp leagues. Or yeah, they might just be busy running a map or doing a daily rotation and not want to drop everything right at that moment just to trade with you, especially if it's only a couple chaos.
Well technically it's not the buyer's responsibility to find out if the seller still wants the sell the item or not, it's up to the seller to tell them. Also it's understandable that you won't be able to reply if in a map (since I can clearly see if you're in a map or not from friends list), but if I see you tp from Sarn Encampment back to your hideout, that clearly means you have AT LEAST 5 seconds to type up a "hey sry I'm busy I'll ttyl", right? I'm not saying you have to be available 24/7 for buyers to buy your item, I'm saying that people should have some basic MMORPG etiquette that's all, especially for a 17+ game like PoE. I mean I'd expect 50% of the population from a kiddy MMO like Dragon Sword or whatever it is kids play these days to be rude, but not from a hardcore MMO like PoE. Also I know people don't list directly on poe.trade, yes I know it scans the forum and compiles it on the website, but I don't see how that relates to the discussion. Maybe I worded the title badly, what I meant with the title is that I shop with poe.trade since it's obviously impossible to find anything you're looking for in the forums.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 11, 2015, 2:57:01 PM
If I'm in a map or daily or something I don't always respond to whispers, usually don't even notice them if I have a global or trade on.

Some people just lit items to list them.

Are they in a different league?

Have you tried following the link to their thread and replying there?
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
"
melodia1 wrote:
Well technically it's not the buyer's responsibility to find out if the seller still wants the sell the item or not, it's up to the seller to tell them.

To some extent yes...but if the thread in question hasn't been updated in months, the buyer should use some common sense too.
ive seen someone ask for an item listed in 2013
also there are those special people who list the gear theyre using in their threads
There are also cases where the thread was updated recently. I just contacted a seller about a sceptre he was selling in a thread and got ignored again even though he was moving around from Sarn and hideout (thread was updated TODAY), probably because it was accidentally underpriced.

Generally speaking reasons like "outdated items" or "busy atm" are just lame excuses for poor communication skills, or lack of etiquette, which I found surprising in a game like this. And I'm not even saying I've experienced 2-3 cases of being ignored for no apparent reason, I'm talking about on a daily basis. It's making shopping for anything in this game a complete pain in the rear. Not only do you need to find the item with the rolls you're looking for, you gotta make sure it has a good price, AND to catch the seller online. Now you need to make sure the seller isn't a complete socially inert individual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info