Fireball + Pierce

Does anybody know how does it work?
Does fireball + pierce make the fireball explode on each enemy and doe AoE damage? (think D2, amazon, pierce and that level 30 freezing arrow AoE skill)

Or does it work differently? Doesn't pierce?

Thanks!!
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2016, 1:12:07 PM
Yeah well, it does pierce,
but I can't tell for certain - if when it pierces it also hits adjacent monsters, or just hits as AoE when it explodes at the end of travel.

I.E- whether it does AoE damage every monster it pierces through or just when the fireball reaches it's final destination.

I really hope the former is the case, but from my testings it doesnt seem so, can't be sure though...
Well if it doesn't do AoE on enemies it pierces then pierce is not worth the extra mana cost in my opinion.

The AoE effect of the fireball occurs on it's final target, so no the AoE doesn't happen every time it passes through an enemy due to your pierce mod.

Does that answer your question?
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Yes. Extremely disappointing, to be honest, though.
Fireball already benefits from 2 of the best support gems in the game, it doesn't need to such overblown benefit from a 3rd one.
Which are those 2? Multi project and?
Concentrate
I still think it'd be a good idea to let it be like it should be, I don't think it'd be overpowered considering Fireball is sort of UP compared to Ice\Lightning.
Definately dont agree fire being weak, like was said it can use concentrated effect AND multiple projectile.

Concentrated effect boosts dmg by 70% on lvl 20. Thats humungus... and ure spell power adds to that multiplicatively.

Also, concentrate has amazing quality feature, reduced mana cost of 1% / quality. :O
Chars : Brooke, TheSlowOne, ZapBranigan, RaWR, RaWRmao, RaWRville

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info