Seizure warnings

I recently experienced a seizure whilst seeing Mad Max - Fury Road on the extreme screen at my local movie theater.

A few things to note:

It was the last session on a Wednesday night and there was only six people viewing including me. I'd already seen this movie the week before at the drive in. It was the first time I've witnessed the extreme screen and have to say that the volume was deafening.

I've experienced seizures 4 times before in my life but they have all been through trauma. Twice knocked unconscious at work and twice witnessing another person bleeding heavily. This is the first time from sensory overload.

I was with my best mate who just happens to be an emergency room doctor at the local hospital. He said I fitted for almost 2 minutes. He knew the ambulance people when they arrived and convinced them that I was fine and wouldn't need to go to hospital. He is obligated to suspend my drivers license however.

I now have to get all sorts of tests done to see if I'm epileptic or not. I'm 43 and haven't ever been that bothered by it. I must have burst the capillaries around my eyes as I ended up with two black eyes and one of my eyes is still bloodshot a week later.

That's the last time I go to the movies.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Jesus...that's fuckin terrifying...I don't even know what to say.. I hope the eyes heal soon and you don't have to go through something like that again...fuck.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
ouch man.

Isnt there some regulation for movies that states these dangers must be warned if the film can potentially cause such?
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
ouch man.

Isnt there some regulation for movies that states these dangers must be warned if the film can potentially cause such?

I assume there probably was. I haven't ever been bothered by loud noises or fast imagery before. Like I said, I'd already seen the movie so didn't even consider it a possibility.

I think old age is catching up with me. I just started to feel nauseous about 20 mins into the movie and laid down in front of my seat. I don't remember fitting, I just felt as if I had a quick sleep. When I came to, I evacuated the contents of my stomach which consisted of mostly popcorn and a couple of beers I'd had before hand.

It was still embarrassing. I apologized to the shift manager and the poor usher who didn't really know what to do. They did give everyone back a new ticket to see the movie at a later date.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Should have gone to soft max - the pillow road.

When will you learn hardlicker, soft triumphs eventually.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info