➔ FreshFishFilter ◈ Divination Cards ✔ Build-specific ✔ Leveling & Endgame ✔ Updated for [2.0.2] ✔

"
kareNZa wrote:
OMG my best friend in the game IGN is Fishy she will adore this

hehe, that's a cool name. I hope she will enjoy it! :)
Am I missing something, or is there no way to import an existing filter? This program looks like it has potential for the convenient preview abilites and quick tweaks, but without the ability to import an existing filter it's useless for me for the time being.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
"
Am I missing something, or is there no way to import an existing filter? This program looks like it has potential for the convenient preview abilites and quick tweaks, but without the ability to import an existing filter it's useless for me for the time being.

That is a feature, that I'm currently working on. I will soon add the option to choose between a couple different Filters, as well as a "blank" Filter. You can then completely customize those filters, just like you can currently customize my filter. And being able to choose between those different "base" filters, will allow you to get faster towards your perfect custom Filter!

The main problem and the reason why this isn't possible yet is, that LootFilters require specific commenting for the program to understand / display what it's being used for. After all the whole purpose of the program is to provide a very simple and intuitive overview of a filter. Hence the program has to give "names" to blocks, so that the user understands everything.

An example:
Show
Rarity Normal
BaseType "Gavel" "Agate Amulet" "Glorious Plate" "Occultist's Vestment" "..."

How does the program know, that this is a block specific for Chance Orbs? Currently it knows how to display the content of my LootFilter, because I've done specific commenting for my filter so the program understands everything.

Another example:
Show
Rarity Normal
Class "Claws" "Daggers" "One Hand" "Staves" "Two Hand" "Sceptres"

The example above is a block specifically for Animate Weapon. But again, how can the program know that?

As I said at the start, the solution is specific commenting above every important block.

Commenting done right
#Headhunter
Show
Rarity Unique
BaseType "Leather Belt"
DropLevel = 40

So if every filter had commenting like that, then it would be pretty easy for me to make my program work with many different filters. But as it stands right now, there is no "consensus" how to comment your LootFilter, hence it's very difficult to graphically display the content of a random LootFilter.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jun 17, 2015, 5:39:20 PM
how to kill sounds?
"
NambrVan wrote:
how to kill sounds?

Do you mean how to disable AlertSounds?

You can simply do that by selecting the '0 Reset' -option.

Hey,

first of all, this is a nice tool. Great work so far, keep it going.

I have a question to the "Customize Filter" functionality behind the same called button. If I click this, it takes a huge amount of time until the application merges the Apo_FishFilter.filter file to the PoE Documents folder.

I guess it took more than 2 minutes after I click on the button. First I thought it's just not working, there was 3 files created in the application directory:

Apo_FishFilter.filter
Apo_FishFilter_old.filter
Apo_FishFilter_old.tmp.filter

And nothing happens - the application didn't hang or something, I still was able to change settings obviously. I also had time to open the first and second file above and merged them with the editor myself and created the Apo_FishFilter.filter myself in the PoE documents folder. After I already opened PoE, your application asks if the file should be overwritten.

So if it is intended to take that much time, you should implement something like a "Work in progress bar/window" or something.

I've an i7-4770K, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1. This shouldn't be an issue with performance of my PC.

Edit: I've realized an error in the filter created by the application:
Failed to load Item Filter: Line 64: Unable to parse parameter for BaseType rule: No base types found matching "Midgard Mace"

The correct name for this BaseType is now "Behemoth Mace":
http://churchofkeysus.com/webcache/pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1275529/?var1=forum&var2=view-thread&var3=1275529

I've choose "Melee - dual wield" and "Armour - Evasion" in the customization options.

Cheers,
Zalkortis
Last edited by Zalkortis on Jun 21, 2015, 2:47:25 PM
Favorite filter!

only issue I have with it is all the alert sounds are the same for me, at least in the testing.
"
Rokuta wrote:
Favorite filter!

only issue I have with it is all the alert sounds are the same for me, at least in the testing.

Thanks for letting me know.

It seems that a bug has sneaked into the last version. It should only be bugged for the Sound Preview atm, but I'll try to fix this asap! :)
Reworked the main-post.

Headers should now be better
overall readability slightly improved.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jun 23, 2015, 7:59:21 PM
So we need a styleguide that has comments, to mark sections, on what is what to be able to support import?

Sounds like a style guide is needed, if a filter is written with a styleguide comments, for example animate weapon.

#animate_weapon

When it finds this block, it knows its what it is, and if your filter follows the styleguide it supports import aswell? :)

just thinking out loud

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info