Hellcat5's Guide to Templar - Oro Ignis with Oro's Sacrifice 44k+ DPS - Spreadsheet Link Fixed

"
Hellcat5 wrote:

As I've mentioned, Grinding Gear Games has a formula for gameplay. This "number crunching" shows the results of my analysis of Grinding Gear Games formula, and exists as both theory and gameplay experience. I've shown a formulaic comparison between two other builds. These other two builds come from people who've used them. Not included in the build comparison spreadsheet are the other build formulas I'm aware of, and have considered when creating the formula for this build.

I could get more out of my [elemental weakness] curse gem if I manually cast it. However, doing so interrupts the gameplay experience I want to have. If, in your playstyle, you want to manually cast the curse, by all means do it. It will give you a more consistent DPS against mobs that aren't curse immune.

Regarding the "shocked" status ailment, I want to say this - "shocked" is useful for pack clearing speed. I find it useful also, when it triggers, against stronger monsters. Faster attack speed helps in this regard. With this particular build, I can swap out my Devoto's Devotion with The Three Dragons to obtain a 100% chance to shock because I'm using [Herald of Ash], and with such my shock duration would be a fair length because of the amount of fire damage this build does.

Your chance to shock is 5%. five percent. Thats far from being a reliable source, and purely luck based against rare mobs, so arguing its useful for pack clearing speed is invalid. check your video. on average, you shock a single mob every 1-2 packs.
Three dragons won't help, because your shock chance still is 5%. Three dragons does not convert ignite chance into shock chance.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
Nivius wrote:
you are not so efficient when building chars are you?

mine 108 points: http://poeurl.com/zo03IdX

176% life
105% mana regen
33% max mana
20% all resists
84% elemental
135% fire

44% melee
34% wep
50% fire wep

yours 116 : http://poeurl.com/zo04Rlu

188% life
125% mana regen
5% max mana
38% all resists
138% elemental
40% fire

44% melee
34% wep
50% fire wep

Hello!

Thanks for submitting your alternate build! I want to point out, however, that your build steps outside of the purpose of my original formula. Your build provides an alternative route that requires a hefty amount of Dexterity and elemental resistances on gear. with your build, the player loses 30% to fire, cold, and lightning resistances (perhaps you overlooked the single element resistance nodes I took). Your build also loses almost 3% life regeneration (2.8% to be exact, and this matters when considering blood magic on cyclone and general regenerative survivability), and some armor. Also, if you notice, with the elemental damage increase in my build, those pesky single mobs wondering around sometimes die to my Herald of Thunder without any effort from me (I enjoy watching that happen). In the information you presented regarding the build you submitted, you show the advantages of your alternative build, but not the disadvantages.

Here's a link to the build you offer in poebuilder.com so people can compare the complete numbers of your alternative to the original build I provide (see original post build links for mine):

Nivius' Alternate Build Suggestion

I'm sure someone can adjust my original build to be more focused on fire damage, or burning, because there are plenty of creative people who play Path of Exile.

Enjoy your stay in Wraeclast!
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jun 8, 2015, 1:19:40 PM
I agree that the use of Elemental dmg is very effective. And at one point I agreed that the use of an elemental weapon like Oro's was a great idea. Now the game is very different. and counting elemental and phy dmg as an equal star point. say 500 dps to make it simple for every one. at that point physical weapon use will be much superior at the starting point and introduction of the "physical to lightning" gem was introduced. Now a player has the option of make a full elemental build via ' physical to lightning gem + Hybrid attack " like molten,static,lightning Strike attacks, with a pure physical damage weapon at which point the build would be far superior to the one using an elemental weapon. ever more the simple use of auras in this case. Hatred + Herald of Ash + elemental proliferation provides a superior AOE control and OP damagge. Also the use of a full elemental build is very draining in mana as the only way to inc your dmg at one point is AS no phy leech mean no leech without gem. That would drop your dps by a large amount. Hybrid attacks with a phy weapon has no mana problems if build corectly even with extream AS, this would have to be balanced with the AS Vs dmg output. Over all the IMO as is not absolute. The build could use some twiks here and there to compensate. But without saying affortability and Viability are there. Is only the will of trying new things and testing. Like the builder has mention is a build that ppl can affort and have fun with. Not a build for your 2yr players that have gear stash of multi Ex. I am sure it is a great start and whoever tells me they cant make a end game viable build with Oro's... Well son you need to go back to POE school.
some ideas:

instead of using ineffective HOT for curses,you can link vengance with curse on hit (and life leech/life gain on hit for defense, or weapon elemental for offense, since your oros hits pretty hard) or even use another CWDT setup - many trigger gem setups are possible, its sad that youve decided to use the least effective. instead of HOT, permanently running POF would help you more.

another option: linking leap slam (or flicker strike with melee splash) with curse on hit. Leap into a pack, since you got aoe from the tree your leap slam has quite some aoe itself, so you will curse almost the whole pack in one hit, then start swinging that baby until everything is dead.

if you get your hands on a pair of windscream boots, which are not that rare (and have some elemental damage as a nice addition to your build) you can easily go dual curse, either warlords or flamability would be a great addition.

you can even go triple curse if you get whisperers of doom or another +1 curse item. linking leapslam with curseonhit and 3 curses in a (still cheap!) 5L chest would be insane and you can use fire penetration instead of life leech in your 5L oros, or even Concentrated effect if the aoe still feels good to you. that will boost your dps to the skies.

For curse immune maps, just swap fire pen with life leech again or just reroll the map.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
daveamol wrote:
Edit: Saw you node on removing the dex nodes. But maybe you can still post are more optimized variation of the tree

Hello again!

In a previous response to your comment, I said I would post a revised build with consideration that:

1. attributes necessary are on gear
2. resistances are on gear

Here's my revisions:

Hellcat5's not so cheap Oro Ignis Passive Skill Tree

First thing I want to point out is that I've removed (Sovereignty in the Templar area), instead spending the 5 points on (Bloodless in the Marauder area) to bring the total life pool increase to 211%. Since we're talking about maximized expensive gear, we don't need four auras, and we'll have a very high hp amount from gear, so raising the life % benefits this route greatly. with 8.6% life regeneration rate, it takes 11.62 seconds to regenerate from near death.

Now, there's two ways to deal with physical damage when thinking about this Passive Skill Tree. We can spend 3 points to get two more endurance charges, then we can re-arrange gems to include [spell echo] + [enduring cry] and then also use [immortal call] + [increased duration] to give around a 10 second duration of immortality against physical damage (which would eliminate need for many armour nodes) or we can stack armour nodes (Soul of Steel in Marauder area) to obtain a high armour increased % (232% increased armour along with 20% reduction against crits and an additional 4% physical damage reduction), and switch out [Anger] with [Determination]. The player can take both [determination] and [anger] into the map instances to swap out as desired. With this Passive Skill Tree, I presume the player has obtained a piece of armour that has at least 1800 armour points.

Now, regarding damage, since we're getting into "good" gear we could obtain rings, an amulet, and belt each with 36% increased elemental damage with weapons (adding an additional 144% elemental damage with Oro's Sacrifice) which would nullify the need to take the extra fire damage nodes as presented by Nivius.

These are some ideas regarding how to adjust the original PST in a viable way as you obtain better and more expensive gear. With regards to optimization, optimizing the Passive Skill Tree will depend on your particular gear set.
Your tree could use some tweaking...
Original (for comparison)
New v1 - More attack speed, no downsides.
New v2 - Trades two 10% melee damage nodes for more attack speed and life, as well as some defensive choices in favor of others (overall more defenses).

Other notes about the tree:

1) Going up to Heart of Flame will greatly increase your damage, but you'd have to sacrifice the Marauder part of the tree for that...meaning that if you want to keep Unwavering Stance you'd have to buy a Kaom's Roots.

2) The three "Melee Damage" nodes in the Templar starting area aren't that great because they don't interact as well as elemental/fire nodes for burn damage.

3) Righteous Decree + Reduced Mana Cost (the node before it) are amazing at keeping mana costs down and are usually worth taking. Same can be said for Dynamo but to a much lesser extent.
Last edited by bullgaria on Jun 12, 2015, 11:29:52 AM
"
cmphx wrote:

Your chance to shock is 5%. five percent. Thats far from being a reliable source, and purely luck based against rare mobs, so arguing its useful for pack clearing speed is invalid. check your video. on average, you shock a single mob every 1-2 packs.
Three dragons won't help, because your shock chance still is 5%. Three dragons does not convert ignite chance into shock chance.

Since Grinding Gear Games uses an entropy formula, we can say on average that if my shock chance is 5%, then I'll shock one out of twenty attacks. From my play experience, this works about as well as having a 5% chance to crit with a non-crit build. Standard critical multiplier is 150%, and with the "shocked" status effect I get that same damage multiplier. From the Passive Skill Tree I offer, you'll see that I included a total of 10% chance to shock which means I'll shock one out of ten attacks.

Since I have [Herald of Thunder] linked with [Curse on Hit] + [Elemental Weakness] I also get the bonus from when [Herald of Thunder] hits monsters, further amplifying the damage multiplier when thinking of this as a "critical strike" situation, adding to the 50% damage increase from (shocked) the additional amount of penetration from [Elemental Weakness] at level 20 (lvl req 68) 39% more damage from penetration. So, with what I've presented, I've managed to create a build where accuracy doesn't effect the damage output, and I've created a way to generate "critical strikes" without having an actual critical strike possibility. To note, I don't like having to jump on packs of mobs every time to trigger [Curse on Hit] (yes, I tried it as you can see with my current character setup through my characters tab). On the positive side, jumping on everything has a great feel to it if you have "screen shake" turned on in the options -> graphics tab. This is a play style preference. I'll be sure to notify the thread when I reach 85+. At level 81 now.

I hope you make some adjustments to create a variation you enjoy playing!
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jun 14, 2015, 12:57:56 PM
"
Not a build for your 2yr players that have gear stash of multi Ex. I am sure it is a great start and whoever tells me they cant make a end game viable build with Oro's... Well son you need to go back to POE school.

I think it depends on what the 2 year player prefers to do. If he's looking for a build that uses unpopular gear, then perhaps I've given a doorway to what he seeks.
Heh, I found it fun to see my build being used. Some stuff btw, you said that my gear is overly expensive, ofc but you never have to replicate a gear, I could remake the whole build from 10c, it'd just die more and clean slower, for gear I just went for the standard wed/hp/res and kaoms is a BiS for this build due to the high max life it has from the tree. While making a build you get the best you can afford or the one that is appropriate for your goals, besides the kaom heart which I bought (and as always you can use a belly instead or a rare with HP, which isn't as expensive, it is simply subpar), I dropped/got gifted most of my gear.

Second, my life pool is @ 7.4k at lvl 91 and I can tell you that it is a must (watching your vid on crema, you dropped below 15% hp way too many times, even the golems kept you busy and made you use fight & flight tactics), because this game has weird stuff going on sometimes (magic pack of devourers + some mapmods do suprisingly well in 1 shotting probably every character ever without block), please also note that I planned my build to run dangerous maps (-res, reflects etc.), you can make do with lower gear but I plan to level in rare maps, not blue and white ones, so I have to make sure I don't die to accidental 10k damspikes.

Another important part is that I do not use multistrike, so I do not get locked in place or chain of actions, since my goal was to make a build that survives, I cannot afford to just stop and watch my char die (also prolif does more damage this way). The main mechanic behind my char is prolif, and just having to meet with a mob once, or if the mob is a tough one I can just keep it burning by using other mobs that walk near it greatly reducing damage taken.

Please note that the gang's momentum is a 1c item, also it is used for the ignite chane and damage boost, as in flicker oro builds you need to have a high ignite chance for frenzy charges (even more in my case, sine I use a charge for every flicker, unlike multistrike versions)

On the final note, Oro's will never will be optimal for your build end-game unless you use the frenzy charge mechanic, you are better off converting the damage of a physical weapon with some skill if you want elemental damage.

Hello everyone!

Here's a link to the current build I'm using in Awakenings 2.0 -

CURRENT UPDATED for 2.0 Awakenings:
Oro Ignis Passive Skill Tree - Current 2.0 Awakenings

Enjoy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info