Is this a decent build for a crit reave ranger?

I'm planning a dagger + shield ranger. Defences are Life, evasion, dodge, spell dodge, Lightning Coil(possibly), shield block, spell dodge, Vaal Grace, Enfeeble(as high as my int allows me), Granite and Grace flasks.

I don't have currency for taste of hate, so is there anything else I might be able to add to my survivability?

I'm wondering if LC is worth using when I'm going to be loosing quite a lot of evasion compared to a pure evasion chest?

Also, is a slot for a granite flask worthwhile when I'm going to have only 50% of its effectiveness?

I have 3 more passive points to spend. Which nodes would be most beneficial to get? I'll have only 144% increased max hp, so going for Written in Blood looks like an ok idea. What do you guys think?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 24, 2015, 11:32:47 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994474

All you need to know about dagger+shield builds. The author of the guide prefers not to use acro, but you definitely can use it. Getting a pure evasion chest is not so much of a good idea. With the new shield defense nodes, the majority of your evasion will be from your shield(with pref 1000+ evasion). You can also use atziri boots and rat's nest for a shit ton of evasion. The best in slot for chest is a belly of the beast, as it gives extra mitigation against all types of damage, rather than just physical.

For a ranger use this tree: click me

I haven't specced acro, but you can do that. But remember, block is preferable, sepecally combined with a rumi's.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Thank you for the help!
However, I don't have a Rumi's nor a Belly, so actually I can just choose from: 1)pure armor, 2)pure evasion or 3)Lightning Coil, since those are my available 5links.

I guess that since I don't have Rumi's I don't find block preferable to dodge. I have about 25-26% block chance, so 40% dodge + the 20% block seems better. Not only that, but I get the 30% spell dodge.

My idea was to be able to deal with reflect using high avoidance: Grace + evasion gear + ev shield + jade flask + vall grace + shield block + dodge + enemy reduced accuracy (enfeeble). Would that be enough? Or does his Immortal Call CoDT setup do all the work?
I have been wondering, does crit chance matter more than actual physical damage and attack speed? with my skill tree (using sword though), I have around 370% increased physical and 130% speed, but my reave DPS is not as high as those shown in the link (>60k dps). the difference lies in his crit chance which is over 400% increased, while i am at around 200% or so, but his damage is just around 300% increased and speed not even 100%
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
I find your tree ok, it's quite similar to my shadow's tree. I don't have the block node however, I have life instead. I also have fencing, through the left side, for 40% increased crit.
And lightning coil is excellent for this kind of build.

Yes, crit chance & multi matter a lot. You can trade some of your increased damage for crit.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
x1o8x wrote:
I have been wondering, does crit chance matter more than actual physical damage and attack speed? with my skill tree (using sword though), I have around 370% increased physical and 130% speed, but my reave DPS is not as high as those shown in the link (>60k dps). the difference lies in his crit chance which is over 400% increased, while i am at around 200% or so, but his damage is just around 300% increased and speed not even 100%

Getting as close to 95% crit as possible is one of the best things you can do for your dps. The higher your crit chance, the better your crit multi becomes.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on May 29, 2015, 7:03:46 AM
This is my gear so far:

I have a 5link Lightning Coil, but I don't have enough resists to run it at the moment. Also, I'd like to run Hatred + Grace, but I need a few more levels untill I can equip the gems.

Which items should I improve first?
I'm thinking that my primary concern should be a shield with better resists and evasion, so I can equip my LC. And after that, rings with crit chance & better resists and finally a rustic sash.

Any advice would be welcome!
bmp
I've progressed a little with my char. I'm primarily a reave ranger, but at the moment I'm using Lightning Strike for some fun. Things are going OK, but I've not yet tested it out in 75+ maps.

This is my Current tree:
I've spent a few extra nodes on evasion + all res, so I can cap my resists. Currently, I top off my lightning res with Purity of Light, but when I hit 86 I will cover that with a jewel, so I'll go back to Arctic Armour + Hatred.

My current gear:
Spoiler

Is it possible to get 8% to max life + mana on hit on a jewel? I'd love to be able to gain more survivability AND cover my mana needs at the same time!

Any tips or ideas for optimization are welcome! Thank you for your time!
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 22, 2015, 7:40:08 PM
Which 5link is best for reave?

1. multistrike, faster attacks, fortify, critical strike
2. multistrike, faster attacks, fortify, critical multiplier
3. multistrike, faster attacks, fortify, conc effect

I'm using number 1 so far, since it helps me cap my crit chance and I believe it gives me a lower chance to one-shot myself against reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info