one challenging question for the community about how to make more and faster wealth

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Man ... you somehow fail to understand that when you farm solo 100% of the loot is for you ... and when you farm in a party you get 1/6 of the loot and the extra IIQ/IIR from full party doesn't make up for that ... i'm saying all this from extensively testing both solo and party farming .. but hey ... it's up to you to believe whatever you want in the end and i'm ok with that :)
On paper things look quite different from the reality ... test different things and see for yourself what works best for you that's the ultimate advice that i can give you and to everyone about ... well everything.
And again just to point something out again ... no one ... again NO ONE ... has hard times getting that elusive rare chest/helmet/boots/gloves/weapons and even belt for his chaos recipe.
I've given my arguments ... and i have nothing else to say really ...
I wish you best of luck on your way to wealth :)

ok before u leave i wanna ask one last thing how many stash tabs u have?
"
Graklak wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:

( on average 1 unique every 2 runs ) and rares

1 unique every 2 runs??? please i manage to make a witch with more than 400 IIR and never have a uninque dropped so often maybe after 100 runs 2 or 3 usless drops yes

Suit yourself ... it seems that you severely lack experience in the matter... if you actually had a character with high IIR and IIQ you would know ...
Disagreeing on what is a better method is one thing ... calling me a liar is a whole different story.
I wish you the best! Good luck in all your endeavors!
I am out of here.

EDIT ( because you've posted your last message while i was writing mine ) : I have 26 stash tabs and only 1 is dedicated to chaos recipe i keep it stacked with 4 2h weapons, 4 chests, 5 boots/helmets/gloves and as much belts as possible ( usualy between 5 and 10 ) and i'm always waiting for rings and amulets. Usually when find 2 rings i soon find 1 amulet and vice-versa
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 28, 2015, 12:40:42 PM
I never understood grinding dominus, running maps on a MFer grants you something like 4 full inventories of rares + currency + chance for highlvl uniques AND it is actually fun.
Perception is reality.
You can stack MF and all other shit, but the best way to gather wealth is flipping items :(
"
widardd wrote:
I never understood grinding dominus, running maps on a MFer grants you something like 4 full inventories of rares + currency + chance for highlvl uniques AND it is actually fun.

spending money to make money, takes longer, etc.

I do agree that grinding dominus gets old quite quickly, so sprinkling some maps in between to break the monotony may be a good idea
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
Graklak wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:

( on average 1 unique every 2 runs ) and rares

1 unique every 2 runs??? please i manage to make a witch with more than 400 IIR and never have a uninque dropped so often maybe after 100 runs 2 or 3 usless drops yes

Suit yourself ... it seems that you severely lack experience in the matter... if you actually had a character with high IIR and IIQ you would know ...
Disagreeing on what is a better method is one thing ... calling me a liar is a whole different story.
I wish you the best! Good luck in all your endeavors!
I am out of here.

EDIT ( because you've posted your last message while i was writing mine ) : I have 26 stash tabs and only 1 is dedicated to chaos recipe i keep it stacked with 4 2h weapons, 4 chests, 5 boots/helmets/gloves and as much belts as possible ( usualy between 5 and 10 ) and i'm always waiting for rings and amulets. Usually when find 2 rings i soon find 1 amulet and vice-versa

am not calling you a lier in the first place second i have 22 tabs and often i miss rings amulets belts but i mean 1 uniwue per 2 runs is more than awesome and that means something am doing wrong and i do have a witch with this much IIR and have been very unlucky for uniques not saying am not seeing 100% of the time rares and almost only 1-2 items blue and maybe 3 normal and the rest 10 rare...but unique... and am using more thatn 1 tab to the recipe and never manage so many ex in a day only like 10 per day from all day running dom from the recipe and more from other things like agate selling for chance orbing cause i have my personal friend buying them for voll's devotion...:( i wanna achieve the level where i can make the same amount of ex without running dom alone endlessly and only making 10 ex and at the end of the day exhausted and with my eyes red from not sleeping well from farming and only the result is this and sometimes not even achieve this amount cause cant find an entire day matches like belts and the rest or run out of scraps and wetstones...
Last edited by Graklak on May 28, 2015, 12:51:44 PM
does anyone else have this guyn luck and having like 1 ex per hour only from dom runs and using the chaos recipe? am i doing something wrong here? i have more IIR than him but not making 1ex per hour -_- where is the mistake in this?!?!?!
Ok man .. you have close to 400% IIR ... but how much IIQ do you have ? I have close to 400% IIR but on top of that close to 100% IIQ .. and i'm telling you that makes a ton of difference.
Before Dominus i used to farm Piety also a good farming boss but slightly less effective compared to Dominus. And when i say some numbers i don't throw them randomly around ... it sounds crazy but i actually DO keep track on what's going on when i'm farming ... i mainly do it because it is boring and for some reason it keeps me... slightly less bored.
So here have some numbers from my Piety days

Spoiler
Usualy it takes 1 hit to kill a Piety portal
Usualy it takes 1-2 hits to kill a normal monster
Usualy it takes 3 hits to kill a magic monster
Usualy it takes 6 hits to kill a rare monster
Usualy it takes 7 hits to kill Spinecrack
Usualy it takes 20 hits to kill Kole
Usualy it takes 30 hits to kill Piety

To level a gem from level 1 to level 19 you need around 360 runs.
To level a gem from level 19 to level 20 you need around 300 runs.

Started on 24 January 2014 Ended on 18 February
Number of Piety runs : 690
Number of Unique drops : 317
Number of Vaults of Atziri Vaal Pyramid Maps found : 8
The highest number of uniques dropped from a single Piety kill : 3

Valuable currency found : 3 Exalts, 1 Divine, 7 GCPs
Number of Exalts bought with currency/items from Piety runs : 64

I know that i have no way to prove that these are not just made up ... but really .. what's the point in making up stuff like that ...

So when you are saying that you don't make 1 ex per 90 mins there are few things that you must consider...

1. What is your IIR
2. What is your IIQ
3. How much time does it take you to do a run?

When we are talking about many runs for prolonged period of time even small numerical changes mean a lot.

P.S. I actually farm faster now and with more IIR ... but since i don't have a video nor i've updated my guide for this ( i'll that in 2.0.0 ) i'm giving you old info of mine with worse results than i actually have now ... because ... i actually like to be as accurate as possible and i like to have a prove when i'm saying something ... and once again ... i always try to help ... not to be rude or hurt others ... based on the feedback on my guides and PoE activity in general (not general as in General Discussions ... i try to avoid these sub-forums ) i'd like to believe that i do that .. most of the time. :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 28, 2015, 1:02:51 PM
to tell the truth not having so much IIQ am reaching if remember correctly atleast 30% by swaping some ring maybe 50% maybe that...jesus dude you are fortunate my ing _KAIMON_KYUMON_SEIMON add me maybe we can make future trade plans and sry if you felt offended i didnt mean that, u had the wrong way and am shocked from the things you say and really jealous
Most likely you'll be online sooner than me ... so feel free to add ... any of my characters.
If you could give me your IIR IIQ and time spent per run ( you couldn't do average without at least 100 monitored runs ... but still ) and i could compare it to mine and see where something is off.

Oh and another important thing. Getting bad streaks is a thing ... getting good streaks is also a thing.
Quick example: i remember a month ago i've decided to do some dominus runs again because i haven't done any for a few months. Of course i've wrote down time/rares/uniques and everything was fine except for the uniques ... i've done 30 runs and i found only 4 uniques ... so i was like "WTF? Was there some hidden changes that i'm not aware of?" I went to sleep and tried again the next day ... did 20 runs and got 17 uniques from them ... so you see you can get lucky and unlucky .. and only extensive farming can give somehow accurate results ... the more data you gather from more runs the more accurate the results will be. I've stopped recording my dominus runs results at 1000 runs .. and that's the number of which i give you my findings ... i know that it's not enough when there are so many variables ... but it's something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info