CoC Cyclone Discharge - 73k explosions (1.3)

Hi all! Here's my first ever build post... mostly putting this here for reference as I've had a lot of questions about my tree. Not reinventing the wheel here in anyway, and drew heavily on Mathil's fakener and Yolowhirl in building this (thanks for your wisdom, guys!). This character used to be shatterchuck, but I swapped to fakener most recently as I love the quality of life of this playstyle. It feels pretty min-maxed for witch to me, and I welcome any comments on how I might further optimize!

Though I'm sure this has all been done, the main notable differences between my build and most setups I see on forums are:

- I don't head to templar area, as it seems very suboptimal to go this route with witch relative to shadow/templar. Instead I try to get the most efficient life/crit/spell crit stuff in the witch/shadow side of things instead of just being a bad version of shadow fakener.

-I use light warp instead of whirling blades... my run speed is perma 116% due to flasks and I don't feel that whirling speeds me up noticeably. Warp gives a lot of utility in hopping ledges or dodging double flame blast.

-I enjoy using the herald of thunder/CoH/elemental weakness setup for general mapping. It feels good and synergizes really well with a melee playstyle imo.

Here's my current tree at level 92: http://poeurl.com/zn5acOZ

Bandits were: +40 life / passive / +1 power charge

Here's my current gear:

Here are my flasks for general mapping:

My gear is pretty set until I somehow land upon untold riches. The next upgrades I plan fall in this order: chimeric scalpel (mirror vagan dagger) > headhunter. If I'm able to make the switch to vagan dagger I will probably try to get the same rings I have now but with attack speed in place of accuracy. I can also probly drop 3 nodes (depth perception) for the ele dmg at shadow start or the crit multi in doomcast wheel if I go this route.

Some Stats:

Offense: Note that I swap AoE (general maps) and conc effect (atziri and sometimes 78 dom)

Cyclone: 73.3 % base crit (over 95% at only 5 charges), 87% accuracy at lvl 92

Discharge with 6/3 charges up:
With 18/20 concentrated effect- 73,164 dmg (84,139 with atziri flask), 93 % to crit
With area of effect- 43,549 dmg (50,081 with atziri flask), 93% to crit

Defense: Will list with flasks up as 100% uptime unless I make a mistake...

Life: 4,110
Resists: 94 light / 80 cold / 94 fire (84/80/84 no flask)
Evasion: 17,270 (4,692 no flask)
Armour: 505
Dodge: 40% (75% with vaal grace)
Spell Dodge: 46% (75% with vaal grace)

Right now the build is really fun and easy to play, and dominates everything I've tried. I haven't given uber atziri a shot yet... I think the build is ready but I am worried my skill level is not (not confident in manual dodge skillz)! The major swap I do in my 6L is changing AoE for concentrated effect for 78 dom or atziri bosses, though it is still easy enough without swap. The only maps that feel really dangerous are - max res combined with ele res... both are fine on their own. On ele weakness maps I swap out atziri boots for rares to stay at cap, and on blood magic i turn off auras and swap on rares again to stay at cap. Regular atziri is EZmode deathless.

Please let me know if you have any feedback at all, or thoughts on how I can further improve. Also, will do my best to answer any questions that arise.
Last edited by demopolos on Jun 20, 2015, 4:59:42 PM
FIRST

narayan cat here to look at some NiceBuilds™

You should test a vagan dagger for your build.
Completly ditch accuracy and free gear and passive slots
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
skieZ wrote:

You should test a vagan dagger for your build.
Completly ditch accuracy and free gear and passive slots

Definitely! Like I mentioned in the OP, my endgame is getting that sexy mirror vagan dagger. I played around with some cheaper ones, but my current is just very strong with the 9.63 base crit/spell dmg/crit multi, so it did not compare. Saving up as we speak, though it will take awhile!

What would you change about tree with vagan dagger? I am pretty sure the only change is dumping the three depth perception nodes in favor of either: ele dmg at shadow start, some crit multi in doomcast, or the blast witch notable. In terms of gear the only change I see would be shooting for the exact same rings, except with attack speed in place of accuracy... which sucks because I love my rings.

Thanks for your input!
Just a quick note that I've swapped assassin's mark out for elemental weakness in my HoT/curse on hit setup. It seems to be a clear win for the build as this setup is around 95% crit on cyclone with only 4 of my 6 charges, so assassin's mark isn't really needed to improve consistency.
It's been a bit since I updated... but in a nice turn of events I just got my hands on a 6L +1 Voll's chest! Updated OP with new stats: this added over 7k dps to my discharge. Delicious.

With the current changes to Vaal Pact placement in 2.0, I am not planning on getting acuity any more if things stay as they are. The big shift I am going to try to rally around is dropping blood magic from 6L likely with elreon rings, which will allow me to put lvl 4 empower in. Level 26 discharge sounds OPOP. Or maybe just adding inc crit dmg to existing setup if empower ups costs too much to drop BM?
Last edited by demopolos on Jun 20, 2015, 6:36:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info