Has anyone submitted a divination card for a single exalt?

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I think chaos recipe effectively does this as well. Get enough chaos, convert to exalt.

The chaos:exalt ratio has inflated so much on standard that it feels like an unending process just to achieve the equivalent of 1 exalt AND THEN you have to.... trade... for the actual exalt. Being able to farm for the precise orb that I want to see just might be enough for me, even if it is not the most economically efficient method. And it will never be the most efficient method when flipping exists...

"

As for your expectations, it might be good to bring them back a little. If I understand correctly, divination cards will be tethered to specific areas for each card. Someone will probably make the card, but can't pick the rarity or where it drops.

I believe my expectations are reasonable. If a eventual 1 exalt card is split into 5 parts, I would expect them to set the droprate of the cards at exalt_drop_rate/5, so I will be able witness my progress much more often than I do now(5 times better progression at that :)))).

Let me word it differently. Let's say it is just a fraction of the existing drop rate. Now let's say the exalt card drops in the Shrine map. Let's also say an exalt drops once every 100 hours or so. (That's my experience at least).

If it is a set of 10, you would get the card once every 10 hours of running the Shrine map. Not other areas, just that map. Even if it was still an easy access area last like Solaris, would you grind Solaris non-stop for that card? Or would you do boss runs in a highly efficient area and convert the accumulated wealth?

Obviously my numbers are gross estimations based on my experience, but I think cards being tethered to specific areas makes currency cards a bad idea since there will be better ways to build wealth.

Unavailable uniques like Berek's or Voll's Devotion would be a ton better in my eyes.
^ I total agree what your saying but the highgate folks paid the $$$ so they get to pick what they want to do I guess
I dont see any any key!
If this makes exalts more common, then fusing's will be the next currency.
"
If this makes exalts more common, then fusing's will be the next currency.

Fusings are currently tied to the Masters system. If you level Vorici to level 6 or 7, he sells, at a discount, fusings. 64 jewelers for 20 fusings, whereas if you buy from the act 3 vendor they're 80 jewelers for 20 fusings. Elreon sells jewelers for 32 alts a stack of 20 jewelers. you can buy alts from haku at a nice discount also. around 64 augs for 20 alts, where at town vendor it's 80 for 20.

The limitation to the Masters trading is you can only do this once a day, after doing the daily quest.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
"
Xavderion wrote:
This makes me realize how meh divination cards actually are. They are basically just another currency.

That they will each be associated with a specific zone is what makes them special--no matter what item they represent (even orbs or gems).
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on May 27, 2015, 2:03:48 PM
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
But, I see nothing that states either IIR or IIQ effect currency directly.

Item Quantity increases the number of items that drop. Currency orbs are included in the "items" part. At least that was the case. I've not read about a change of this mechanic.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:

More, yes, most likely. But for me even one such card that doesn't do something special is a waste. Skill gems with 20% quality, corrupted uniques, a set of uniques that work well together (if that's possible), that's all interesting and fun. But currency isn't. When you have the chance to give PoE an additional layer, or a different angle, why settle on same-old, same-old? I just hope submissions like that are really rock-bottom minimal.

People have problems with supporter uniques, people hate the dropbears, etc. Nothing new here. Just start off assuming you will not agree with half of what people want.

How did you get the impression I don't? I stated my point of view, what else am I supposed to do?

"
Faendris wrote:

I can't help noticing a certain disparity between what you are willing to contribute in comparison to what you expect others to contribute.

I don't expect anything from others. But I see no problem in criticizing other people's decisions. Why should I hold back? I think they have been given an opportunity and they wasted it. Is there any reason why I should shut up about it?

Again, this is my point of view. If there is any reason why making currency cards is advantegeous for PoE I'd be glad to hear it.

"
Jojas wrote:
If there is any reason why making currency cards is advantegeous for PoE I'd be glad to hear it.

They might give you an incentive to farm different zones and experience more diversity. :)
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:
If there is any reason why making currency cards is advantegeous for PoE I'd be glad to hear it.

They might give you an incentive to farm different zones and experience more diversity. :)

Of course, but wouldn't it be infinitely more interesting to farm that certain area or boss for something truly unique? Just compare getting 1 out of 10 exalteds to getting 1 out 10 of a corrupted unique.

edit: I'm sorry, I'm really getting too much into this now. It's the supporters' decision, and different people want different things. No need to argue.
Last edited by Jojas on May 27, 2015, 2:56:07 PM
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
But, I see nothing that states either IIR or IIQ effect currency directly.

Item Quantity increases the number of items that drop. Currency orbs are included in the "items" part. At least that was the case. I've not read about a change of this mechanic.

Here's two points regarding IIQ and IIR -

"IIQ makes more items drop. It does not change the chances of any particular drop being an orb. Thus, since more items are dropping and each has the same chance to be an orb, you'll get more orbs overall. The same percentage of your drops are currency, so more drops means more total currency.

IIR only affects the rarities of dropped items (normal, magic, rare, unique). Since currency items have no rarity, it cannot affect them."

- Mark of GGG taken from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/480808/page/1#p4298503

And for more information about the Drop Rate mechanic, you can find it here -

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_Rate

Thanks to Gary of GGG for passing the info to me.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info