Has anyone submitted a divination card for a single exalt?

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Wow what an achievement, i can get 5 characters in mapping range within a cpl days. You did it in 3 years. Gratz. *sigh*

Who the fuck said it was an achievement? Why would you comment on how fast or slow I leveled those charactes????
I'm simply providing a counter-argument to your "he had 1ex per year, because he didn't play the game". Can't you follow through your own idea?

P.S I finally got the time to log in - 820 hours on my most played characters - 2 exalts found.

It's you who made it sound like it was an achievement worthy of many exalt drops. You could level 5 chars to mapping and never see an exalt, that's not so weird because you will spend not much time doing it.

/played is not great either. It doesn't count all the hours you afked in town thinking about all those exalts that never dropped.
"
Miská wrote:

You think getting 5 chars to mapping in 3 years is a good example of how many exalts drop a year for that person? obviously he will see little to none drop. Because he barely plays.

It was not a good example for anything. I just didn't know I can find my playtime.

I've got 820 hours on these characters. That is a better metric to evaluate. 820h:2ex.

Oh, and please tell me again how I BARELY play with 820 hours of my life spent on this game.

"
Miská wrote:

This is not offtopic at all btw, my whole point is that if they add cards for exalts that won't suddenly open up a new world for players like the OP.

You are failing to see my point of view. Opening other chances to get something interesting out of a mob is not a new world, but an improvement upon the one we are already in.

"
Miská wrote:

They will still require effort and grinding.

Nothing against that. While the game is still fun, I will gladly grind for my items. A way to focus on a particular item is more than welcome for me.

"

And just like exalts they won't nearly play enough to get a piece of it. So they will just keep complaining like he is doing now.

Since we discovered 820hours is nearly enough for 3 exalts, then what number of hours is?
I'm not sure how you figured out I was complaining, since I opened this topic merely to inform myself about future changes to the game. But... you are simply wrong on that one.

"
Miská wrote:
Wow what an achievement, i can get 5 characters in mapping range within a cpl days. You did it in 3 years. Gratz. *sigh*

Can you show the characters you've gotten to mapping range within a couple (2) days? Do you mean you leveled the entire group of 5 characters into mapping range each within a couple days or all within a couple days? By the wording, it seems you're saying you got a total of 5 characters to mapping level in two days.

If you can get 5 characters to mapping range within a couple days, I'd watch the videos (level 66 to get the most benefit according to the xp table by doing the same level maps)

Otherwise, maybe your definition of "couple" varies greatly from mine.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
"
Miská wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Who the fuck said it was an achievement? Why would you comment on how fast or slow I leveled those charactes????
I'm simply providing a counter-argument to your "he had 1ex per year, because he didn't play the game". Can't you follow through your own idea?

P.S I finally got the time to log in - 820 hours on my most played characters - 2 exalts found.

It's you who made it sound like it was an achievement worthy of many exalt drops. You could level 5 chars to mapping and never see an exalt, that's not so weird because you will spend not much time doing it.

/played is not great either. It doesn't count all the hours you afked in town thinking about all those exalts that never dropped.

Wrong and completely wrong. I simply tried to use it as a metric for how much I've been playing. Since I'm not the guy to level the fastest or a person who never dies, this wasn't very representative.

However, /played is a much more accurate metric.

"

Completely made up bullshit like this is not welcome, so I won't even make an attempt to answer...
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on May 27, 2015, 12:43:57 PM
I love how i get attacked now by every bitter 'i play 1 hour should get 100 ex drop' player. I'm sorry for trying to derail the issue by being sarcastic, i just like to be sarcastic most of the time. It's my way to prevent myself to swear etc.

These new cards won't help the players that believe they are always unlucky, they used 20.000 fusing and never 5linked anything, and played 3 years and seen 1 exalt drop and it wasn't even for them. It just won't sorry.

You can compare to the audience of streamers. How many times did a streamer 6link something or get an exalt drop or even a t1 unique. And then the whole crowd goes mental, telling them how lucky they are. Especially the streamers that aim for top 20 spots in races.
Last edited by Miská on May 27, 2015, 12:54:25 PM
"
Miská wrote:
I love how i get attacked now by every bitter 'i play 1 hour should get 100 ex drop' player. I'm sorry for trying to derail the issue by being sarcastic, i just like to be sarcastic most of the time. It's my way to prevent myself to swear etc.

These new cards won't help the players that believe they are always unlucky, they used 20.000 fusing and never 5linked anything, and played 3 years and seen 1 exalt drop and it wasn't even for them. It just won't sorry.

I don't know how to phrase it much more differently, but I guess it is a communication fault on my end.

Simplest way I could put it:
Lets say there is a valuable_item with X cards; the droprate for these might be valuable_item_droprate/x (or lower... but I guess it will not be item_droprate > fragment_droprate), so I will be able to observe my achieved progress towards that valuable_item much better with this system. Currently, I might have an an upwards of 200 hours needed for valuable_item. Fragmenting my progress towards valuable_item into 5h, 10h, 20h chunks is a good thing for me, since I will most likely not get frustrated with my drops and actually enjoy the game more.

The same concept works for currency just as well as for any other item.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on May 27, 2015, 1:03:34 PM
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I don't know how to phrase it much more differently, but I guess it is a communication fault on my end.

Simplest way I could put it:
Lets say there is a valuable_item with X cards; the droprate for these might be valuable_item_droprate/x (or lower... but I guess it will not be item_droprate > fragment_droprate), so I will be able to observe my achieved progress towards that valuable_item much better with this system. Currently, I might have an an upwards of 200 hours needed for valuable_item. Fragmenting my progress towards valuable_item into 5h, 10h, 20h chunks is a good thing for me, since I will most likely not get frustrated with my drops and actually enjoy the game more.

The same concept works for currency just as well as for any other item.

If that is the way the cards will work then i agree completely. It would be a godsend. Let's hope that is indeed the way the cards will work.
"
Faendris wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I recall a couple of Exalted Orb based submissions (different quantities). They weren't finalized when I last checked though.

No offense intended, but is it really a good idea to reveal the divination cards like this? I would have thought that they were supposed to be found in game and provide at least a little surprise.

Oh the surprise comes when they never tell anyone where anything drops so some can be held a secret like Fishing! Oh shit.... i bet i spawned MonstaMunch now! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Miská wrote:

You can compare to the audience of streamers. How many times did a streamer 6link something or get an exalt drop or even a t1 unique. And then the whole crowd goes mental, telling them how lucky they are. Especially the streamers that aim for top 20 spots in races.

I don't think if a person plays one hour that they should get 100 ex. The OP showed that he has played and far more than an hour and from your very first post it shows that you don't think that some people just do not get the drops that others get quiet often. Just because you get x or y to drop often doesn't mean everyone else gets those same drops. Divination cards can help those that do not get or rarely get those drops, this will not bridge the gap and will not hurt those that make riches every league.
"
Miská wrote:
"
StaticSys wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Not everyone can play 16 hours a day. I believe we've gotten far enough off topic now...

It was obviously ment figuratively.

Yes going from 1 extreme to the other, haha. You think getting 5 chars to mapping in 3 years is a good example of how many exalts drop a year for that person? obviously he will see little to none drop. Because he barely plays.

While you had 20 exalts drops i probably played twice as much time in 1 year as you did in 2 years so i don't really see an issue. You are only making my point more likely.

This is not offtopic at all btw, my whole point is that if they add cards for exalts that won't suddenly open up a new world for players like the OP. They will still require effort and grinding. And just like exalts they won't nearly play enough to get a piece of it. So they will just keep complaining like he is doing now.

To comment on the logistics of this, it doesn't matter how long it takes someone to get to mapping levels. playtime matters, not level. ex drop according to rng in any difficulty. I've had my old lvl 80+ shadow in a normal difficulty dread thicket, and he dropped ex. Arguing, logically, from a basis that level effects currency drops has no validation. Increased Item Rarity and Increased Item Quantity effects currency indirectly ( for example chaos recipes http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes) But, I see nothing that states either IIR or IIQ effect currency directly. I've sent in to GGG for the answer regarding, but that's a side point, and not valid to my point.

Sure, you've pointed to (not in these words) "if you don't use fuse, you won't link an item." I know a guy who's linked two 6L with around 80 fuse each attempt. I've seen a guy BLOW through almost 600 fuse, and I know other people have taken more than 2000 and still not 6L.

Effort and grinding have very little to do with what a person has in game. It's RNG. As far as I know, it is possible that a new player drops a mirror with only 20 hours of play. What I see here is a lack of acknowledgement of your own luck with the game. Your luck has nothing to do with your "effort". Although, because you've had your luck, you've attached the luck to a formula that isn't valid. Other players do not share your "lucky" experience. I hope you can have the mind to acknowledge this point.

hellcat5 out.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info