Monster damage in beta

Does it feel balanced?

How about from a self found point of view?
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
I've seen some of the streamers have pretty decent runs through the HC leagues - they are pretty underpopulated so could be counted as Self Found.

Damage looks balanced compared to some of the current skills - but with things like Ice Crash, Cyclone, Fortify etc. possibly needing some tweaking, that could change.

Best thing to do would be to wait until the beta is closer to ending.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
looks harder but well, that's a good thing , the game was too much trivialized.
IGN TylordRampage
From a melee standpoint, I'm a bit concerned.

Is fortify now necessary if you don't want to rip?
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Saltygames wrote:

of course not.
Also hard to answer a question like this - do you consider curses necessary? Auras?
"
Saltygames wrote:

fortify is not necessary but if your melee and your not useing it its going to be rough

if you playing hardcore and not using it well... your just silly

ive even seen casters trying to find ways to work it into their builds
I dont see any any key!
"
Saltygames wrote:

It doesn't look as necessary as CWDT+IC was, but you're going to need mitigation to go melee regardless - considering the investment costs for armor and evasion, fortify will be one of the cheapest and most accessible options for achieving damage reduction.

Manual dodging is going to play a huge part as well, thanks to lockstep, so fortify with a movement skill (leap slam seems to be a go to option here) will be a big decider in your ability to last.

The good news is that melee damage is looking solid, so if you pair a decent amount of mitigation with a solid amount of DPS and leech, you should be pretty well set up. A lot depends on how far the changes go with regards to scaling elemental damage. Some of the Act 4 ranged mobs (like the lantern throwers) have a big elemental hit that can smash you from a distance.

The new reave is looking good, ice crash is the bomb, cyclone cost has been reduced, and the golems can be spawned with a single gem slot (cheap buff and mob distraction) - so there are a lot of good looking choices for melee. The increased crit modifiers on a lot of weapons (especially the 2 handed dagger axes) will help, but even skipping that and going RT looks viable. Check out some of Mathils videos, he took his 2H RT Ice Crash to Atziri killing at around level 77, with 60k+ DPS and shitty gear.

But yeah - patience young grasshopper, there is still plenty of change to come.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on May 27, 2015, 3:56:28 PM
The only bit that really gives me a hard time as melee currently is the pit fights in Daresso's dream sequence. The Dmg and speed at which the mobs pour out feel a little over-tuned.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
k1rage wrote:
ive even seen casters trying to find ways to work it into their builds

It's annoying, but shield charge or ground slam to keep fortify up works fine. There's really no other options for caster defense.
In high level content this is happening with melee builds :

- Monsters hit hard
- Monsters have a lot of life
- Armor is useless
- -max resist is still the mod you will always avoid
- Fortify needs a buff
- You will end up trying to kill things before they reach you
- Man mode is way to risky

Conclusion : ranged >>>>> melee
-

Report Forum Post

Report Account: