So, explain this to me...

What's the point of replacing RM with enlighten?

So GGG is forcing everyone needs to grind countless hours in order to be able to run more auras?

If you really want to nerf aura, why not just make reduced mana affect aura reservation to a lesser extent so that it's still accessible to most of the players?

I really don't get this decision. Someone please explain the reason to me.
It's to promote RMT and noLife gaming ;)
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
I don't like this as well.
just too drastic and too devastating.
I hope they will at least partially revert this decision, before it goes live in The Awakening.

the reasoning is quite clear: when everyone are using the Reduced Mana + auras setup, that's bad for diversity.
however, GGG need to finally learn the simple fact, you don't solve a problem by butchering it and creating an even bigger one.

auras are essential in just about every part of the game, for just about any character really.
and for many builds, they are build-defining.
so now they would pretty much force widespread usage of several specific uniques, and the one specific gem the OP mentioned - which is in essence Nuking build diversity in a way the "usual" RM setup never could.

or, it would force "tactical" aura use, which is probably what GGG aim for.
but well as someone who played an adaptive "tactical aura" (Purity Of) melee in HC not so long ago, I can tell you constantly switching auras becomes very tiresome, very very quickly.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 27, 2015, 3:25:40 AM
"
Darkrox wrote:

so every item which is "endgame only" is promoting rmt and nolifing?

if yes, what's your preferred solution?

remove endgame or the items?
remove nolifing?
reward long time players with ingame cookies?
display blue unicorns when they full clear their first level 78 map?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 27, 2015, 5:12:59 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
Darkrox wrote:

so every item which is "endgame only" is promoting rmt and nolifing?

if yes, what's your preferred solution?

remove endgame or the items?
remove nolifing?
reward long time players with ingame cookies?
display blue unicorns when they full clear their first level 78 map?

Sry if i've hurt your feelings.
I didn't say anything like the bulllshit you suggest, i doubted (intentionally) the reason behind this stated by GGG - to make reduced mana less mandatory -.
What they did is simply trade reduced mana for a much, much harder to get gem. Now a lv4 Enlighten is mandatory. Do you notice what's wrong with the statement by GGG ?

PS: My solution is reduce the mana reservation of all auras to the value it would have with a lv20 reduced mana and remove the reduced mana reservation from reduced mana and (of course) don't switch this stat over to Enlighten.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on May 27, 2015, 5:32:40 AM
What happens is they give you half the recuded reservation for "free" by reducing the base reservation cost of all auras and then make the other half really hard to access, making it a possible economical choice to drop the support gem on auras completely, plus using some other gem in that place will have a recuded opportunity cost.

It's not a very well thought out change that they're going to regret in the end imo. Same thing happened when they tried to fix the problems caused by the Aculity gloves by reducing their drop rate.

One good suggestion I've read is to move the recuded reservation effect to Generosity instead, so that supporitve builds still have access to more auras without almost everyone having to incorporate an aura reservation support gem in their final builds.

there is no point, its a woefully clueless, out of touch, destructive, idiotic change that is absolutely terrible for the game and they dont have a clue because theyve completely lost touch with the game itself outside of server statistics.

2 aura builds being mana locked, lvl4 enlighten required to get around it, eb, awful changes, clueless, awful, destructive changes. Johns right, nuking build diversity, itll exist but only for people with lvl4 enlightens, which will be more rare than shavs, so they basically took gargantuan sections of builds, a lot of which are very basic, underwhelming, previous nooby friendly builds and made them even more exclusive than shavs builds... retarded, it is actually fucking retarded and I have no faith in these devs any more, no faith in where this game is going, will never donate money to them again, will likely never play a serious character outside of standard league ever again.

Congratulations on destroying your fucking game guys, well done.
I just realized that there's a post from the devs in the 'development manifesto' section and it goes:

"...As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels."

This paragraph makes absolutely ZERO fucking sense. I have probably never read a paragraph that is full of this much shit than this one.

"...that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana..."

GGG, in case you don't know how to play your OWN game anymore, let me teach you how to have access to your 'special' reduced mana gem -- you go to public noticed board in Sarn and created a thread called 'wtb reduced mana 1 alch'. There, you got you fucking reduced mana gem.

"...and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels."

Then what about enlighten??? Because if I were to 'reach the same reservation levels', you're telling me that I need to get my hands on a lv4 enlighten gem??? Are you serious?
right. I actually like not having to use reduced mana, I like having an extra socket, those are both really good changes. The price? Now having to drop either hatred or grace from a simple mana leech melee build or wasting 8 passive points getting reserve nodes or buying a 60 exalt lvl4 enlighten gem? fucking retarded beyond any way I can possibly use enough swear words to emphasize appropriately. We destroyed countless builds and fucked our game to help you if you need 1 more socket or couldnt get reduced mana... seriously...

Where in there does it say why they chose to destroy grace + hatred mana leech builds? Thats what they did, so where is the reasoning for it in that post? Are they seriously telling me that this...

"...As they no longer work with Reduced Mana, we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana, and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels."

was the goal and that destroying what they destroyed with this change was just a "well whatever" unintended but unimportant (to them) side effect? Are you fucking kidding me? Is that how recklessly incompetent and careless the devs have become?
"

"...that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana..."

GGG, in case you don't know how to play your OWN game anymore, let me teach you how to have access to your 'special' reduced mana gem -- you go to public noticed board in Sarn and created a thread called 'wtb reduced mana 1 alch'. There, you got you fucking reduced mana gem.

In case you don't know, some people play this game self-found.

"

"...and reduce socket pressure for players that previously would have needed a Reduced Mana support to reach the same reservation levels."

Then what about enlighten??? Because if I were to 'reach the same reservation levels', you're telling me that I need to get my hands on a lv4 enlighten gem??? Are you serious?

Yes. If you want to reach the same reservation level, you have to make a serious investment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info