What people do on standard to generate wealth and other funsies?

There's a breakpoint in each league between cheap/accessible items and expensive items. Breakpoint might be different depending on league type and lifetime.

You make a good build with the cheap items and farm the expensive ones with it.

Or you sit in trade and play stock exchange simulator.

@GGprime: some (many) people aren't talented at all in economics ;). Or they just rather play the monster bashing game than the trade game.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
@GGprime: some (many) people aren't talented at all in economics ;). Or they just rather play the monster bashing game than the trade game.
You can actually make a decent amount of currency just by playing the game and selling the items you find from mapping. You have to make a choiche though, you ether farm for currency or you farm for exp, maxing both is not possible.
Crazy Miners Fire Nova Mines:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595627
The Savage, Endgame cleaner:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1613272
"
GGprime wrote:
you ether farm for currency or you farm for exp, maxing both is not possible.

I do both, pretty easy - just need several monitors.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Rich gets richer, poor gets poorer. All these streamers you watch make up less than ONE PERCENT of the POE standard population. There are players like me, who have played for three years and still trapped with about only 100 exalt worth of stash. Do not be blinded by the wealthy my friend.

I want to say wealth isn't equivalent to fun. I know at least one guy who's got so much currency he tries all the new "power" builds, becomes op, goes romping around for a few days, then gets bored. Then he complains about how terrible the game is. Also, it's not necessary to make a ton of currency in game to have fun. I focus the builds I release on youtube specifically for low value gear.

I'd say the toughest challenge there is in game is to play with as few outside items as possible, and make it to the end of merciless and into mapping. This is completely possible, but many people don't try it. This particular play style relies on damage mitigation in creative ways (I'm working on a low cost claw shadow build that uses conversion trap and smoke mine - just leveled into merciless with him at 22 hours according to /played, and that's with a few trades and time standing in town doing nothing.) and magic or rare items (items with say two res instead of three or items with % and flat evasion)

So, to get to it - it depends on what you call fun. If you just want to blast everything without much challenge, that takes a ton of currency, and there's many guides out there that cover atziri viable builds.

But, that's not the path of the exile. That's the path of the gemling. The exile scavenges his gear, and makes due with what comes his way. Pick your path!

I hope you have fun during your stay in Wraeclast!

I didnt say this game is not fun. In fact this game is so fun that I am playing it despite the messed up economy.
"
GGprime wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Rich gets richer, poor gets poorer. All these streamers you watch make up less than ONE PERCENT of the POE standard population. There are players like me, who have played for three years and still trapped with about only 100 exalt worth of stash. Do not be blinded by the wealthy my friend.
3 years, 100 ex, you are doing it wrong. Anyone can make 100ex from scratch in less than one month if he is only a bit talented in economics.

'Talent in economics'

Really? How does economics help a society as all get rich lol? If I rip off one exalt off someone else, that someone else becomes one exalt poorer. For every rich man there is a poor man, I did not flip because I do not believe in doing it. Even if I flipped and I have 500 exalt now, it still means that there will be another 3 year player with only 100 exalts in my shoes because I flipped off them.

So my argument will always be correct. For if I am not the one with 100 exalts only, someone else will be.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
GGprime wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
3 years, 100 ex, you are doing it wrong. Anyone can make 100ex from scratch in less than one month if he is only a bit talented in economics.

'Talent in economics'

Really? How does economics help a society as all get rich lol? If I rip off one exalt off someone else, that someone else becomes one exalt poorer. For every rich man there is a poor man, I did not flip because I do not believe in doing it. Even if I flipped and I have 500 exalt now, it still means that there will be another 3 year player with only 100 exalts in my shoes because I flipped off them.

So my argument will always be correct. For if I am not the one with 100 exalts only, someone else will be.

I understand what you are saying but you have no idea what flipping is actually about. It isn't necessarily ripping someone off.

Let me give you an example of what happens in league play alot for me. I have guildies who are not interested in trading to much. They know exactly how it works, they just don't care for it. Whenever they find something worth something they come to me. For example they find a Bino's. If the worth of it is around 10ex. They sell it to me for 8ex. They know full well i can and they could get 10ex for it, but to waste no time trading they sell it to me. I am satisfied, they are satisfied. Where is the problem?

Another example. I often get offers to trade something of mine for something another person owns. I have a 6l voll's wich is worth let's say about 24ex. And someone else has a 6l CoD, wich is worth exactly the same. They come to me and offer me a trade for the items and they pay me 4 exalts on top for the trouble. I accept the offer and sell the CoD later that day for 25ex. Am i a bad person? Or am i actually a good person for helping someone else out that needs a different 6l armor? Even though i get some extra to sweeten the deal.

The only thing i would see as a problem if someone would offer me a mjolner for 1ex, simply because he is new. And i would never accept such a deal. I probably will gain a friend instead of some currency in that case. But if a mjolner is worth 30ex. And someone offers it to me for 25ex, simply because he needs quick currency, then where is the issue. The buyer and seller are both happy. It seems to me the only one not happy are you lot moaning on the forums that flipping is evil simply because you are unable to.

Another good example that just came to mind are currency flippers. I have used countless fusing last 3 month league. I had multiple people on my friends list that would sell me thousands of fusing a week for exalts. They probably bought them for around 70-80: 1ex with chaos and sold them to me in bulk for 50-60:1ex. Each of them was getting rich over my back with flipping fusings. Do you really think i didn't know? Or maybe i just didn't care and couldn't be bothered to trade small amounts all day long? Anyway, i think this post is long enough, maybe some of it will make sense. The bad flipping is only a very very small part of trades.
Last edited by Miská on May 29, 2015, 12:02:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info