Why no love for standard?

yeah standard kinda gets forgotten about
I dont see any any key!
People playing Standard want permanence and then complain that nothing changes. Got it.
everything added to the core game is added in Standard. I am fine with that.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

pretty much that, and for everything else get it from map dev.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on May 26, 2015, 9:53:40 AM
"
FadeXF wrote:

1) Because I don't like re leveling Masters - that aspect really bugs me and was the final nail in the coffin for me attempting to play temp leagues.

2) I really really dislike trading - I have so much awesome gear in Standard so I never have to trade unless I really feel like it that day. Temp leagues FORCE you to trade and especially in the current archaic trading systems in place and 3rd party sites: in a game that focuses 99% on trading you would think that it could be made more enjoyable.

3) Small issue however it is an issue: having to remake and invest time in my hideout every 3rd month.

4) Having to sort through loot - housekeeping every 3rd month as gear transitions from temp to Standard leagues.

5) Having to re level through (the same boring) content every 3rd month - the same boring grind - instead I can focus on characters in the level 85+ range.

Hope this helps you understand why I play Standard. It's not a completed list, but that's just a taste for you.

1. I don't hate doing the masters, I hate the crafting tables reset.

2. Mostly agree. Trading sucks, it's still hit or miss even with 3rd party websites. Can't agree with leage being a forced to trade system. If you have to have a specific item then yes you need to trade. But I played solo/SF for so long I build with whats dropped, besides the occasional trade with my GF.

3. I don't worry with decorations after that first league. I position the masters, stashes, benches, and way point close enough together, that I port in and rarely move.

4. Sorting leftover league gear was so bad I only carry over uniques I don't have on standard, new gems added that league, jewelry, and currency. But the search bar is useful in highlinting similar gear. (wish it had more options)

5. If it wasn't for act 3, I wouldn't even notice being in normal or cruel anymore.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Malone wrote:

+1

Also, gotta disagree with OP on standard having bloodlines by default. No thanks. No league in PoE should ever have bloodlines.
"
FadeXF wrote:

2) I really really dislike trading - I have so much awesome gear in Standard so I never have to trade unless I really feel like it that day. Temp leagues FORCE you to trade and especially in the current archaic trading systems in place and 3rd party sites: in a game that focuses 99% on trading you would think that it could be made more enjoyable.

I disagree, you don't need to trade if you don't want to. After playing beta for such a long time i thought people would appreciate the effort they put into third party sites to make trading really smooth for us. You seem like many of my friends, who complain about trading and those sites simply because they don't know how to utilize them properly.
GGG could just implement some sort of "events" that last a certain time (i.e. a race...but not a race). Just a 1-month version of standard where you can take your geared characters in for fun.

There is a problem with this though. With super-geared characters going straight into a "ruckus-mode standard", the amount of currency drops and other drops may dilute an already diluted economy.

Not sure.

Personally I enjoy starting over as it allows me to mess with builds I may not have tried just sitting around in standard.
"
toyotatundra wrote:

Also, gotta disagree with OP on standard having bloodlines by default. No thanks. No league in PoE should ever have bloodlines.

Good news! Bloodlines is going to be added to the main game.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Miská wrote:
"
I0wa wrote:
I know that no one cares about standard. But I know tons of committed long term donating players that play standard daily. Why doesn't standard get any good mods? All the end game content should have invasion and bloodlines mods by default. I don't know why all the good hard mods aren't in the league with the strongest players. It should be full blown ruckus mods after a3 merc in standard. Everything b4 that should remain the same for new players.

You don't want Bloodlines by default.....just trust me on that one...

I do, actually.

Sure, Phylacteral Link sucks on a major scale, but the rest of the mods are great variety. Regular blue packs are boring now.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info