Why no love for standard?

I know that no one cares about standard. But I know tons of committed long term donating players that play standard daily. Why doesn't standard get any good mods? All the end game content should have invasion and bloodlines mods by default. I don't know why all the good hard mods aren't in the league with the strongest players. It should be full blown ruckus mods after a3 merc in standard. Everything b4 that should remain the same for new players.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
There is an actual temp standard league with the same mods you just described.

Now I remain wondering why in the world you would like to play standard.
path of exile expert
I do care, I play standard :) ( and considering the amount of whisp I get to buy in my shop , I assume that I am not alone :p )
IGN TylordRampage
I've always played only standard with no trading self found and seldom in parties.

This is because I'm a poor player. So I don't complain because that's the price I pay.
As for donations you may be right. I've paid $150 even though I will probably not reap the benefits because of my poor play.
I don't care what other players think about standard because it doesn't really matter.
I would like to know how many standard players are making purchases compared to hardcore players.
"
I0wa wrote:
I know that no one cares about standard. But I know tons of committed long term donating players that play standard daily. Why doesn't standard get any good mods? All the end game content should have invasion and bloodlines mods by default. I don't know why all the good hard mods aren't in the league with the strongest players. It should be full blown ruckus mods after a3 merc in standard. Everything b4 that should remain the same for new players.

You don't want Bloodlines by default.....just trust me on that one...

"
There is an actual temp standard league with the same mods you just described.

Now I remain wondering why in the world you would like to play standard.

I think you are confusing softcore with standard. Standard is the permanent league name.

In response to OP, "no one cares" is an overstatement. Plenty of people play and enjoy Standard, including myself (I play temp leagues too). I would each one of them care :)

I think daily challenges (or weekly, monthly, whatever) would be a great idea although I don't think they should be global permanent changes. Top tier in Standard is quite different than top tier in temp leagues. Balance around that tier would shred lower tier casuals and push them from game.

Personally, I think the Zana device should be completely reworked.
I play and enjoy standard. I left the game for a while and game back a few months ago. I tried the one month bloodlines/torment league but I didn't like the feeling of starting over again after grinding so much to get what I have on standard in the first place. I like face rolling content and being rewarded for the hours of grinding put into the character.

I might try a three month league if they do one of those with the release of awakening, but I'm not sure.
"
johnssec wrote:
I play and enjoy standard. I left the game for a while and game back a few months ago. I tried the one month bloodlines/torment league but I didn't like the feeling of starting over again after grinding so much to get what I have on standard in the first place. I like face rolling content and being rewarded for the hours of grinding put into the character.

I might try a three month league if they do one of those with the release of awakening, but I'm not sure.

That (New Act) is one of the few times I think Standard players should try a temporary league. It's easier to appreciate content when you don't have your steamroller equipment on. Act 4 will be based upon a level 60-70 character with not end game gear, taking your level 90 standard character decked out as faceroll battleship will trivialize it...and remove enjoyment/appreciation for it.
I found myself playing both standard and the one monthe league.

I do my dailies in league, run a couple of maps, get annoyed with shit drops. Then chill in standard with my gf murdering maps.

At least on standard i can't get upgrades unless i trade large numbers of exalts. So the pressure of drops is removed.

There's a stigma around standard. Since it's a dumpster for leftover league items. Legacy gear everywhere, millions of exalts that make scrooge mcduck look poor, and tons of high level toons stacked to the 9's with lvl20+ 20% quality gems. Most toons can slap around any boss in the game. For the top 5% atziri gets farmed when boredom sets in.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
 The one month Flashback League is a great example of why GGG should be migrating some of the other temp leagues features into the standard leagues. The variety of mobs encountered and the extra quantity of them keeps me on my toes and even Cruel level is not a walk in the park run through. These types of encounters should definitely migrate over to the permanent leagues. Flashback league has been the most fun I've had in PoE in quite a while.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info