PathOfExile.exe has stopped responding

Looking for what meaningful measures I can take to trouble shoot this. Issue only began this month - though I'm not certain with which patch.

Issue occurs on both live and beta clients - both are stand alone and not Steam.

I've run pack check for both installations, as well as having reinstalled both to different SSDs in the event a drive was going bad.

PC Specs aren't the issue - no new hardware in that timeframe and ample setup to run the game as I have for years.
ign = SLUG
this has been happening to me aswell, i though it was only in the beta version because thats what im playing atm.

I only started looking for a solution after i reading "We will be removing players from the beta who deliberately and repeatedly force crashes for their own benefit." in the last state of the exile post, i dont even know if im "crashing the server" or not. any answer please?
Last edited by Kageyosh1 on May 25, 2015, 3:31:28 PM
OP: Check the Windows Event/Error logs and see if there is an entry in there when the crash happens.

My guess is there is an entry saying that the graphics drivers were restarted or something.

Kageyosh1: Please create your own thread if you have an issue, and be descriptive with your problem and any error messages you get. Please read the "Rules" sticky post for more information on the topic.
"
Kageyosh1 wrote:
I only started looking for a solution after i reading "We will be removing players from the beta who deliberately and repeatedly force crashes for their own benefit." in the last state of the exile post

you only will get banned or removed from closed beta if you actively exploit crashes for your personal gain. (which means you have to craft items and try to revert the results by crashing the server)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I've reviewed the Windows event log and tried googling the listed codes and things, but I'm at a loss.

I've run MemTests on all RAM (no new sticks), checked hard drives, etc.

Game crashes randomly every couple of hours.

"

Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55652f61
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55652f61
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x006877f9
Faulting process id: 0x2a14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d09a92d2ab4a16
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile - The Awakening Closed Beta\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile - The Awakening Closed Beta\PathOfExile.exe
Report Id: dd159109-06e4-11e5-85ac-bc5ff435a220

"

Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55652f61
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80000002
Fault offset: 0x775c9358
Faulting process id: 0x2a14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d09a92d2ab4a16
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile - The Awakening Closed Beta\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: d9d30400-06e4-11e5-85ac-bc5ff435a220

"

Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55652f61
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00692c33
Faulting process id: 0x28a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d09a54cbe18af4
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile - The Awakening Closed Beta\PathOfExile.exe
Report Id: f55ff6d9-0685-11e5-85ac-bc5ff435a220
ign = SLUG
Bump
ign = SLUG
Exception code: 0x80000002 generally means that you're running our of memory, and 0xc0000005 means that you are getting a generic "access denied" error while attempting to access a portion of memory (likely because it is beyond the bounds of addressable memory).

How much RAM do you have? What OS are you running? How much RAM does PoE have allocated to it (and do you have any limits set)?
Don't know if related but I had it yesterday in the beta client.

What I noticed was that it happened after going to another zone in A2. The route in A2 has changed and instead of going from the Riverways to the Vaal Ruins by opening the tree I was going from the Riverways to the Wetlands (not opening the tree).

When I went through the gate @ Riverways (in beta), I ended up in the Ruins instead of the Wetlands and Path Of Exile crashed not long after.

The second time I went through the game there was no problem.

Do not have additional information at this moment, will check event viewer later maybe when I'm back home.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jun 10, 2015, 8:18:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info