Genders

Although people have mentioned gender specific items, I haven't seen anywhere whether genders will be distinct classes or if one class can be either gender. I personally like the idea of both genders being available for each class (options are always welcomed). I'd like to know what the developers are thinking and what the other gamers' opinions are.
The path of exile holds him, not at all twisted gold, a frozen spirit, not the bounty of the earth.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 25, 2013, 5:55:05 PM
The ability to choose your gender would be nice for every class, though I haven't read any information on it yet, so i'm curious as well.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
Gender selection doesn't usually bother me as it doesn't relate to effects on gameplay, as far as I know each class is a specific gender. ie the marauder is male and the ranger is female
"
skunkmunkee wrote:
Although people have mentioned gender specific items...

Please, tell me they're not implementing stuff like the 'Bra of Burning Frost'.
I am not by any stretch of the imagination encouraging the G3 guys to implement gender based items, I was just wondering which direction they are going with class=gender or class can be either. I'm happy either way, just some people prefer a class but like to either be their own gender, or play as the opposite.
The path of exile holds him, not at all twisted gold, a frozen spirit, not the bounty of the earth.
I may be wrong here since I cant find a quote but I think the gender will be predefined for us, which is fine by me
Each of the character classes has a predefined sex (the Marauder is always male, and the Ranger is always female, for example). This helps us bring through a personality in their design, and frees up a lot of animation/rigging budget for better areas like more monsters.

Also, as awesome as sex-specific items are, that was just a funny idea people had in the suggestions forum. As far as I know, we don't have any class specific items currently.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
pico_suarez wrote:
"
skunkmunkee wrote:
Although people have mentioned gender specific items...

Please, tell me they're not implementing stuff like the 'Bra of Burning Frost'.

LOL, I was worried about the Handbag of Festering Pustules or the Pantyhose of Scorching Doom.
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
Its pretty cool I agree.
But mate think about it, it will take twice the amount of everything, they much rather pick genders for each class, thats half the work and a earlier release, for something not that important, therefore I oppose the idea although I like it ;).
"
Chris wrote:
Each of the character classes has a predefined sex (the Marauder is always male, and the Ranger is always female, for example). This helps us bring through a personality in their design, and frees up a lot of animation/rigging budget for better areas like more monsters.

Also, as awesome as sex-specific items are, that was just a funny idea people had in the suggestions forum. As far as I know, we don't have any class specific items currently.

I hoped I had read this wrong at first, i'm not worried about gender specific stuff, but I hope there will be some class specific items implemented.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info