New support gem: "Instant leech"

"Instant Leech":

Life and mana leech apply instantly at reduced effect.

lvl1: 25% effectiveness
lvl20: 34% effectiveness

Each 1% quality: 1% more life and mana leeched
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Seems nice. Can't come up with an obvious problem so why not.

They are reworking the leech mechanics in the beta though, so things might change.
Last edited by Cipp on May 24, 2015, 2:08:22 PM
No.
I've gone into detail with this subject before, but what we need is for all forms of instant leech to be eradicated, not to add more.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Isn't that just Vaal Pact?

Anyway, favors physical attackers too much.
8-10% leech off of gear is thoroughly possible.

34% efficiency is actually faster than the current leech rate. It's actually better than conventional leech in every way.
"
Isn't that just Vaal Pact?

Anyway, favors physical attackers too much.
8-10% leech off of gear is thoroughly possible.

34% efficiency is actually faster than the current leech rate. It's actually better than conventional leech in every way.

He is talking about instant leech, of course it is faster than the current rate, at any efficiency, it's like, you know, instant. :/
Casually casual.

The only way to beat instant leech is with huge spike damage. Essentially, if we allow players to use cheese like this (and to some extent it's already allowed), the monsters will just cheese us right back (and to some extent, they do already).

No cheese, please.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Plus, there is quite a bit of interesting design space for leech rate modifiers, but is being occupied solely by instant leech.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
As a gameplay mechanic, unbounded dps-based instant leech is bad.

However, PoE 1.3 has it and because it is so powerful, it factors strongly into builds. If you could get it via gem, then you you would have more build options. I would have it come with some more severe penalties, like dam/attack speed penalty and lower effectiveness to be comparate to the other options (VP and certain items.)

But I'm hoping PoE 2.0 won't have this kind of instant leech at all.
So it's vaal pact with 14% more & acuity with 6% less effectiveness, without having to crit to instant leech at 20/20 in a gem.

Man..
Ugh effort

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info