Suggestion: Flashback Zones

We already have corrupted zones, small side areas where the Beast's corruption has twisted time and space into a knot, altering physics inside and attracting some of the most dangerous monsters in Wraeclast. Mechanically, these act as mini-maps, essentially being tiny corrupted blue maps.

The response to Flashback League, especially on Ruckus weekends, has been overwhelmingly positive. People LOVE this as much as we thought we would, and there are already cries of "Hey, make this a new permanent league!" and stuff like that.

I think that's perhaps a bit too much, so here's my suggestion: include Flashback Zones as rare, yellow versions of corrupted zones.

They'd be very, very rare, and would have only one Zana mod active at a time, just like real maps (just like real maps, league uniques should have the chance to drop there, as well, though perhaps removing their chancability to prevent squatting). I think it'd be loads of fun, and be a nice middle ground between "we really want more of this" and "too much of this is a bad thing".
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Last edited by Loreweaver on May 24, 2015, 4:55:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Agreed, that would be nice. Should not be too rare, though. We should be able to actually see one of these now and then, not like carto boxes...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Loreweaver wrote:

They'd be very, very rare,

I agree with your entire post, except this.

the one main thing I learned from the current 1-month Flashback League (especially on weekends, when all mods are active) - is it should not be rare.
honestly, fuck "rarity". fuck. it!

I played this game since January 2013, and now I feel like I've been starving for two and a half years, until GGG gave me some real "food", for a month.
the crazy combinations, the bosses, Exiles and Beyonders popping out in every corner, the extra monster speed, the Strongboxes, and the Ghosts going into crazy enemies to make them even more crazy...
...I'm getting my ass kicked, and loving every second of it.
when was the last time playing through Normal and Cruel felt so difficult, yet so satisfying?

THIS is what Path Of Exile should have been all along.
pure fun, gallons of Adrenaline, instead of grind-your-fucking-face-off so you can see one thing out of the ordinary, once every fucking thousand hours.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 24, 2015, 4:36:38 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

pure fun, gallons of Adrenaline, instead of grind-your-fucking-face-off so you can see one thing out of the ordinary, once every fucking thousand hours.

100% agreed. If people are worried about the economy, let the rarity of these zones be lower in the leagues where the economy matters. That way, GGG would also get unmistakable (and for all the white knights: undeniable) feedback as to whether this is popular amongst the majority or not.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Wholeheartedly agree. This is by far the best path of exile experience since the game's inception.
Flashback mode should be the default and the current vanilla game should be some separate "vacation" style zones where you go to relax and chill.
bumping this.
I really, really want Flashback to stay, at least in some form or another.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:

They'd be very, very rare,

I agree with your entire post, except this.

the one main thing I learned from the current 1-month Flashback League (especially on weekends, when all mods are active) - is it should not be rare.
honestly, fuck "rarity". fuck. it!

I played this game since January 2013, and now I feel like I've been starving for two and a half years, until GGG gave me some real "food", for a month.
the crazy combinations, the bosses, Exiles and Beyonders popping out in every corner, the extra monster speed, the Strongboxes, and the Ghosts going into crazy enemies to make them even more crazy...
...I'm getting my ass kicked, and loving every second of it.
when was the last time playing through Normal and Cruel felt so difficult, yet so satisfying?

Sorry, I meant "very rare" in relation to regular corrupted zones just being regular rare :)
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Rare, optional content that I won't play is fine with me. :)
Very rare is even better!
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
Honestly, I don't see the point of making it rare.

First, Merciless doesn't give you experience in the long run.

Second, Merciless doesn't give you the best loot possible.

I think this could be viable, parallel to Boss Runs. It would be balanced if Invader Bosses are frequent, ;)

Honestly, I'd like some kind of thematic "Eldritch Zones" when you find Corrupted Area Bosses, Invasion Bosses and Beyond Demons, with some random difficulty mods added in.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on May 24, 2015, 4:49:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info