New Permanent Leagues

"
goetzjam wrote:
What leech changes exactly do you think they couldnt do retroactively?

Also how come its always people with character levels below 90 that pretty much exclusively request new perm leagues?

Leech values are being reduced, instead of ~5-6%+ values on items, it will be 1-2% or such. Retroactively changing every Rare item with leech could be daunting (Or not depending on their database set up).

As for not having a level 90, yea I haven't played in like 2 years. Which is one reason I brought this up. Yes I am currently playing the 1mhc and beta instead of regular as being "new" you're basically screwed on standard leagues when it comes to the economy. If leagues are constant that's what I plan on doing. But who knows if they will be.

"
treffnix wrote:
Please no. You'd lose many casuals like me who just don't wanna spend the time to again find all that nice gear. It's a game, not a job. If you don't like the std economy, play leagues.

They wouldn't have to find all that nice gear again, their league would still be there. As will all their currency.

Same as you have Standard and Hardcore, you'd have Standard 2 and Hardcore 2.

"
eragon1111 wrote:
By the magnitude of changes in 2.0, wipe (not possible) or new permanent league would be NICE. Not a must but nice.

ps. Most likely wont happen coz all of these currency kings would lose their shit, coz everyone with sane mind would switch to new league.

Yea, all the 2.0 changes and 2.5 years of item/currency accumulation/changes has added up. If responses to this thread are any indication your PS is accurate, which I expected. But is just a suggestion, did a quick search and didn't see it posted so made the thread.
"
StrikeQ wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
What leech changes exactly do you think they couldnt do retroactively?

Also how come its always people with character levels below 90 that pretty much exclusively request new perm leagues?

Leech values are being reduced, instead of ~5-6%+ values on items, it will be 1-2% or such. Retroactively changing every Rare item with leech could be daunting (Or not depending on their database set up).

As for not having a level 90, yea I haven't played in like 2 years. Which is one reason I brought this up. Yes I am currently playing the 1mhc and beta instead of regular as being "new" you're basically screwed on standard leagues when it comes to the economy. If leagues are constant that's what I plan on doing. But who knows if they will be.

They aren't reducing leech by that much across the board, what about the 1% leech. Link your source on how much they plan on reducing it by instead of just speculating please. You are right they won't reduce the value of current ones across the board to live items. From what I remember they want leech to be more effective vs multiple monsters not vs bosses, that is a change they can make without reducing values on items.

So what do we do 2 years down the road when more new people are starting and feel they are "screwed" when it comes to the economy? Set up another perm league? I don't think so, standard is a place where you can play a character, without worrying about starting over every 3-4 months (like temp leagues) there will be items you won't get or won't get without work, but every single thing you find, especially alts, chromes, ect can all be turned into larger currency and you can build up to buy what you need.

Sorry, but PoE isn't large enough to split the player base anymore then it typically is when temp leagues are running, plus according to you the problem is something that will repeat itself after 2 years, you aren't fixing anything just creating the illusion of a fix.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
That'd make more sense if nothing transferred to the new permanent leagues.
It's an interesting concept.

Standard #2 wouldn't have legacies for any reason.
Hardcore #2 just deletes the ripped toon. So it doesn't bleed over into Standard #2.
Hey, anybody who doesn't like standard can add me in-game, I'll happily take their unused stuff.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Why not just a new permanent standard league without a hardcore parent league? That way it wouldn't get littered with all the crap from dead hardcore characters. Or it could have a hardcore league, but the items would just be deleted.

Then with enough item sinks you could have a truly stable economy.
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl
"
Deankar wrote:
Why not just a new permanent standard league without a hardcore parent league? That way it wouldn't get littered with all the crap from dead hardcore characters. Or it could have a hardcore league, but the items would just be deleted.

Then with enough item sinks you could have a truly stable economy.

Perm leagues and stable economy don't go together.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
So, in M:tG speak, what you want is for the current perm leagues to be "Vintage" and you want there to be a new set of perm leagues which would basically be "Modern" which is up to date with the game's new design paradigms and starting at a point where they more or less know how to balance things?

Any newcomers would only go to the Modern perm leagues and the only people it would hurt are the people who invested the most time into the game. I don't have a problem with it, because I think Modern was the best thing to ever happen to M:tG. It would leave the old perm leagues to die a slow death, with old players clutching their legacy items until they realize there's noone left to show off to.

I like the idea. I don't think it will happen because it would hurt and basically betray GGG's most devoted players, but I like it.
Last edited by SybilCut on May 25, 2015, 2:41:26 AM
"
StrikeQ wrote:
Could a new permanent Standard and Hardcore league be created when Awakening releases? Leave all the legacy/inflated economy on the current ones.

You set which is your default (New vs Legacy) so all 1m/4m/races in future carry over to those.

So you want a permanent character, but you don't want the consequence of a permanent economy? Can't have one without the other.

As soon as more legacy changes are made or another super-patch like Act 5 is done, your "fresh" permanent league will be in the same exact boat with legacy gear and mega-inflated economy.
Standard/Hardcore is already as much lip-service as GGG is going to give to permanent playstyles.

If we had ten times the player count then maybe GGG could justify a second-tier of permanent leagues.
"
SybilCut wrote:
So, in M:tG speak, what you want is for the current perm leagues to be "Vintage" and you want there to be a new set of perm leagues which would basically be "Modern" which is up to date with the game's new design paradigms and starting at a point where they more or less know how to balance things?

Any newcomers would only go to the Modern perm leagues and the only people it would hurt are the people who invested the most time into the game. I don't have a problem with it, because I think Modern was the best thing to ever happen to M:tG. It would leave the old perm leagues to die a slow death, with old players clutching their legacy items until they realize there's noone left to show off to.

I like the idea. I don't think it will happen because it would hurt and basically betray GGG's most devoted players, but I like it.

I would start to play and spend money on MTXs again if this happened. I have not logged in since December 11, 2014 (1.3.0 Patch Notes)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info