So Chris moves to Reddit because...

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I definitely worded that badly.

It doesn't matter. You aren't under oath, no one is going to persecute you for miswording a simple statement. The important thing is that you're here and you're participating in the conversation people are having. That matters.

Agreed, people take this shit way to seriously. Let the devs comment wherever they choose and don't take anything too seriously.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
The forums aren't solely a vehicle to make current events known to devs, and I've never had any trouble finding suggestions, discussion or feedback, so what would be the point?

EDIT: What I mean is I don't think that would address what I was saying in my previous post.

It's more about the tone than the accessibility.

I've been having some back and forth PM's and emails with Bex about this, and with all due respect I think you're wrong.

That's fair enough. Bex would indeed be someone who has given more thought to forums than I have, so I'll defer to her.

I actually did talk with her after posting that and I was going to remove my post, but it got quoted before I could.

My original point was more that I go over everything in the forums, so if I'm not replying it's usually nothing to do with whether I've seen a post or not. I definitely worded that badly.

And yet this seems to prove this

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
The thing is, forum threads can be really loaded and accusatory, so posting in some of them can feel like I'm on trial.

I like talking about my work and I want to answer questions (within reason), but I don't want to spend an hour agonizing over a perfectly worded justification post every time.

Reddit threads are mostly just "here is a thing, comment on it", which is a bit more inviting.

My PM inbox is always open though.
It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
LordItchy wrote:
/snip

I don't think saying someone is wrong about something is "putting them on trial". It's not a big deal. I post things that are wrong too sometimes, we're all humans (I hope). What's the big deal? Do people on reddit just not say anything when they see something they disagree with or think isn't correct?
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 27, 2015, 1:25:17 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
LordItchy wrote:
/snip

I don't think saying someone is wrong about something is "putting them on trial". It's not a big deal. I post things that are wrong too sometimes, we're all humans (I hope). What's the big deal? Do people on reddit just not say anything when they see something they disagree with or think isn't correct?

Im not human

Im and overfed long haired leaping gnome
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
LordItchy wrote:
/snip

Im not human

Im and overfed long haired leaping gnome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibUoGUcjc4
Hey...is this thing on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info