So Chris moves to Reddit because...

Reddit self filters the stupid topics while the forums don't. Also with how people here whine why would you expect him to spend a lot of time here?
"
Telzen wrote:
Reddit self filters the stupid topics while the forums don't. Also with how people here whine why would you expect him to spend a lot of time here?

it's like the owner of a football team going to watch another team instead of his own
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:

it's like the owner of a football team going to watch another team instead of his own

Its more like the owner of the football team outsourcing part of the company to a more specialized company to run.
"
Telzen wrote:

Unlike in reddit your post is not downvoted here whatever your opinion is.

POE Reddit is the personification of the unique thought.it s more like a collective of borgs.
You must think like all the others or you get kicked in the nuts.

In result a lot of the thread are made of " GG GGG u so great" or "look I dropped a shav!".

The only advantage of reddit is you can name and shame.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 22, 2015, 1:44:28 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
It's just strange that a DEV prefer 3rd party forum over his very own company owned company ran and official forum... with the official www.pathofexile.com shown as part of the url in the web browser.

But oh well...

It's not really strange at all. I can't think of a single game that I've played in the last 3 year where devs don't use either Twitter, Reddit, Twitch or some other 3rd party site to communicate information to their playerbase that they don't mention anywhere on their official forums. Doesn't mean you have to like it, but it's pretty standard and isn't likely to change.
Seems obvious to me. They already got you here they don't have all redditers.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 22, 2015, 4:56:22 AM
Reddit is also cute and fluffy, all the negative threads, consisting of any criticism, though constructive, got buried. And vice versa, all of the positive, but pointless stuff and hypo overreactions are welcome.
It's good marketing.

For example, the development manifesto shitstorm can never happen there, or at least in such proportions, no matter it's for a reason.

So, implement new rules, kick hard the vocals, mostly "older", experienced players well aware of the stinking bodies buried shallow in the basement, regulate forum over time and never ever read anything disrespectful about yourself. And if you do, hit hard the intruder. Easy.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 22, 2015, 6:06:18 AM
"
universal777 wrote:
All you need to know is Chris is a grown ass man and can do what he wants.

I'm not disagreeing with his choice, I'm disagreeing with the forum manager for going further in the opposite direction of what his/her boss considers good design.
Last edited by gorillajuice on May 22, 2015, 6:31:03 AM
I moved to reddit because I have started to learn way more than these forums .

Usually any post here turns into ridicule or who can post the funniest reply to serious topics , so barely post here anymore .

I dont give a flying fig about being downvoted by the pages trolls because , who cares ? But , I do like finding out things about the game , and this is not the forum to do that anymore .
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
All hail Chris!

He Maketh No Mistakes
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info