[1.3] Kinetic Blast Wander - Headhunter

Hi, I'm Jeppesu.
I'll be showing you my Kinetic Blast Wander in this thread, how to build it and what sort of gear to go for. Even though I respecced into this build yesterday I'm quite sure I can say that this is the most fun I've ever had doing maps in Path of Exile, I'm able to clear extremely fast while still having fairly strong defenses. Also it's quite enjoyable watching the entire screen explode once you attack.

If you have any questions regarding the build then please leave a comment in the thread and I'll reply asap.

- Passive tree -

I leveled this build using a Searing Touch and Fire Trap/Flameblast since this was previously a Fire Trapper. It should however be doable using Kinetic Blast from level 25-30ish if you have a decent wand. If not there are a lot of options to use for leveling up like Flameblast, Lightning Tendrils, 2H Spectral Throw etc.

I'd recommend checking Oos build out for some more specific leveling tips.

- Gear & Flasks -

[/spoiler]
For gear you'll want to aim for a 170+ pDps Wand with at least 10% base crit chance, after that there are some personal decisions you need to make. For example, you can use Starkonja's, Rat's Nest or a rare helm with accuracy if you are short on that.
I like Starkonja's best for HC because of the life it gives + the crit chance & attack speed is nice.

I strongly recommend getting gloves with life, life leech, attack speed and accuracy. Preferably all those but you can make do without one or even two. The other alternative would be Maligaro's Virtuosity which provides a big amount of damage but no defense or leech.

If you do not get 2% mana leech on gear you can pick Mind Drinker up next to the Shadow starting area, it's strongly recommended to get it on gear though to stay point efficient.

Headhunter truly is half the fun of the build, but it's definitely not necessary for the build to do great. If you can't afford one or want to use one I'd recommend getting a Rustic Sash with life and resist, you then ideally wont need boots with resist and can use a pair of Atziri's Step. The reason those are great is up to 16% spell dodge and close to 700 evasion!

- Screenshots -
Kinetic Blast 6L DPS with charges
Power Siphon 4L DPS with charges

- Gem setups & Explanations -

Frost Wall
Increased Duration - Vaal Haste - Frost Wall
We run this setup for when a lot of damage is needed to kill something quickly. Cast a Frost Wall behind the target and attack using Kinetic Blast. The Kinetic Blast will then explode on the wall and the AoE damage will overlap hitting the target which deals massive damage.

Curse Generation
Assassin's Mark - Curse on Hit - Herald of Ice - Reduced mana
With this setup the need for PCoC is gone, it's an extremely efficient way to generate charges and allows for another damage support gem in our 6L.

Area Damage/Main link
Kinetic Blast - Pierce - GMP - Faster Attacks - PPAD - Weapon Elemental Damage
Increased Critical Damage will deal more damage than PPAD but it's too risky using due to reflect.

Single Target 4L
Power Siphon - Faster Attacks - PPAD - Inc. Critical damage

CWDT
Cwdt - Enfeeble - Immortal Call
I'd run Enduring Cry over Enfeeble but I still haven't got 3R on my shield.

Auras
Reduced Mana - Hatred - Herald of Ash - Lightning Warp
Lightning Warp is mainly used to open strongboxes and is only in this setup because there's a free socket.

- Bandits -
Help Oak in normal for 40 flat life, help Kraityn in Cruel for 8% attack speed and help Alira in Merciless for an additional power charge.
Last edited by jeppesu on May 24, 2015, 3:59:18 AM
Last edited by YJShin on May 22, 2015, 8:33:30 AM
"
Completed 2 ChallengesYJShin wrote:
https://clyp.it/wzbjkc4e

Ok? :D

rip cybrix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info