Hey guys, I'm working on a avatar of flame build and could use some feedback/advice

I'm mostly a person who plays mostly self-found, I mostly follow builds that I might enjoy but so far nothing has really clicked with me so I've decided to try at making my own build and hopefully get some feedback on the tree as well as suggestions for uniques/rares to use.

I think I might have fun with an avatar of fire tank build.

Using
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAiuSb7E8EogDwH2jyr2yCm-0g4XMEs-w4GjiQVScvr40dFPrSZp7AGuNqFm826SSqcXkXHBJpna4abBhld-VX4iSLfLt82fcycqnE9j0P_lQNzStQHM4J9tR8Bg4n7c9-dqzqGK2Nns3SIVcN2WFfP-8OFCDkUVBHduc4UyKvAeenMBiRvJ_8SxRNNI5r2YY7RtdxhWBl8f5p_uQi7Mtj_XrmUWAGORo-eTl-4unV5K1gkWdY-6rzBrFC2rmexTs7d1NR5t-ylIdBPw==
as the end-game tree. I plan on using a mace+shield for this build but the 1h doesn't really matter to me all that much.

For skills I'll be using one 4-link for CWDT > enduring > immortal > increased duration.

Another 4-link I want to use it CWDT > molten shell > increased duration > fire penetration? I'm not too sure if increased or decreased would be better, or if I should just use one of my 3-links and go CWDT + shell + increased/decreased

Since this build converts everything to fire, I don't really care what my main attack is. For links I am thinking faster attacks, weapon elemental damage, fire penetration, leech and multistrike.I'm not sure if leech works with this build.

For auras I would like herald of ash and anger. I don't know if I'd run another hatred (if it's even worth it since it's just fire damage). I'll use leap + faster attacks for movement.

And now I'm out of ideas. I could use some advice from some more experienced players on whether or not this build would do good in a solo environment.
The Passive Tree looks good to me, but if you want to play a tanky build i would grab the armor notes instead of the block ones because block isn't sooo good anymore (just my opinion). You could also get use of Unwavering Stance so you can't get stun locked and skip the Bloodless note and take Juggernaut instead (more life and amor). It's up to you if you want to play a one handed or two handed weapon...two handed maces do more damage (normaly) and you can just stun everything

here the passiv tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAiuSb7E8EogDwH2jyr2yCm-0g4XMEs-w4GjiQVScvr40dFPrSZp7AGuNqFm826SSqcXkXHBJpna4abBhld-VX4iSLfLt82fcycqnE9j0P_lQNzStQHM4J9tR8Bg4n7c9-dqzqGK2Nns3SIVcN2WFfP-8OFCDkUVBHduc4UyKvAeenMBiRvJ_8SxRNNI5r2YY7RtdxhWBl8f5p_uQi7Mtj_XrmGj7krWCRZ1ixQtq5nsU7O3dTUebfspSHQT_xrCkufLify_ZIjM89_Fhjxtj3vm6X8pyCB_JB2Xw=

the main attack could be: leap slam - faster att - fire pen - melee phys/increased AoE/multistrike(for unique bosses)

immortal call set up is always a good choice and you could self cast molten shell, because it can be a higher lvl (more armor and dps) or even vaal molten shell (insane high dps and good amount of armor)

maybe a curse on hit set up is usefull so you can skip fire pen and do more damage with another support gem (i currently can not think of a skill for curse on hit so its just an idea)

build looks cool, i will try it and see how it goes

Last edited by Konichigo on May 20, 2015, 8:36:44 AM
cool thanks! this one looks a lot better, I completely forgot about unwavering.

Does curse on hit work with heralds? I feel like using a 4-link for ash + curse on hit + flamability or another curse for defensive benefit would be better than lumping all of it on a single 4-link and miss out on some extra damage.

I think I am going to go the 1h route and use a shield, it's more of what I want from this build. I was thinking of using bringer of rain as well, however losing the chest piece and a potential 4-socket for my cwdt + molten and my cwdt + enduring set ups isn't what I want from this build.

I also have a really nice amulet lined up that I got for cheap. If I am not focusing on block (and dont need laz) then I think it's a really good fit.

Last edited by lord9898 on May 20, 2015, 9:14:18 AM
CoH only works with herald of thunder, but i think it's not that effective since you want to play a fire avatar build....you can try it (the thunders from HoT can curse so try it ;) )

The Amber Amulet is a good one try res is always handy and it got crafted life....good choice.
For your gear i would think, well something with high armor (chest peace with min 1000 Armor is must have, when you want to be tanky), res and life (maybe life reg?) and for your weapon search for something with increased fire damage and high dps or high attack speed :D

I`m not a huge fan of uniques because i think rare gear is always better because you can craft it and it ofte has better stats....but if you find a unique that catches your eye you can of course take it (good choice would be Rise of the Phoenix because it overcaps your fire res and you don't have a hard time with ele reflect ^^ and also think about purity fire)

in general you should be fine with high armor and life/life reg

ohh i forgot: Bringer of rain IS a good item, you can have a seven link -> you do an insane amount of damage (but think about it because you have to find Boots, gloves and shield (probably a tower shield) with high armor rating)
Yea i'm going to go phoenix and hopefully go for some other good items. There are some uniques that I think would be good for this build over rares, such as doryani's catalyst and a good fire belt since I'm dealing all elemental/fire damage. A good phys mace would still only have 50% of the physical carried over to fire right? I think it's better to get a doryani's.
Last edited by lord9898 on May 21, 2015, 12:11:59 AM
Yeah doryani's is a good choice. I just didn't thought you would have enough currency to buy these uniques :D
I combed through the responses, but if you're not converting the rest of your physical damage to something, it's being outright lost. Also, HoT is a bad idea since you cannot shock enemies (unless you're using Three Dragons) [no non-fire damage]
Last edited by conqMax on May 21, 2015, 7:03:01 AM
Yea, i've decided to use one of my three links for a CoH set up with one of those retaliation gems. This means I'll have to go for my original tree of shield nodes, just for the extra block. I may also get bringer of rain but I don't think it's worth it if I can't get high armour on other pieces of gear.

For my main skill leveling i've alternated between ground slam and lightning strike. I enjoy both so far, lightning strike has been doing more tooltip and feels like it clears faster. I'm not exactly sure which one is better for mapping.

For support gems I currently have multistrike, WED, 20% added fire damage.

For levelling i'm also using a tabula so for a boss-killing gem I'm using infernal blow that is just destroying people

The best 6-link set up I can think of is WED + added fire (with quality) + multistrike + faster attacks + fire penetration and then the skill of your choice works best with this build.

As far as not converting all my damage, this isn't a build for players like you who want cookie cutter 100% great specs. It's for me to have fun. I understand it is not a 100% conversion, but it's a playstyle I'm enjoying so far and I'll likely continue playing it.
"
lord9898 wrote:
Yea, i've decided to use one of my three links for a CoH set up with one of those retaliation gems. This means I'll have to go for my original tree of shield nodes, just for the extra block. I may also get bringer of rain but I don't think it's worth it if I can't get high armour on other pieces of gear.

For my main skill leveling i've alternated between ground slam and lightning strike. I enjoy both so far, lightning strike has been doing more tooltip and feels like it clears faster. I'm not exactly sure which one is better for mapping.

For support gems I currently have multistrike, WED, 20% added fire damage.

For levelling i'm also using a tabula so for a boss-killing gem I'm using infernal blow that is just destroying people

The best 6-link set up I can think of is WED + added fire (with quality) + multistrike + faster attacks + fire penetration and then the skill of your choice works best with this build.

As far as not converting all my damage, this isn't a build for players like you who want cookie cutter 100% great specs. It's for me to have fun. I understand it is not a 100% conversion, but it's a playstyle I'm enjoying so far and I'll likely continue playing it.

Your insult of cookie cutter builds is not an excuse to have a shit build. Watch your tongue in the future.

Infernal Blow works because it converts the rest of your damage to fire. As an aside, it's probably your best selection beyond Molten Strike.

Static Strike is superior to Lightning Strike. LS loses DPS compared to SS because the bolts don't hit the primary target.

Lastly, Reckoning is nice, but also consider Vengeance. 40% trigger chance with 20Q and since you're not a Facebreaker build, you can benefit from +weapon range

Supports: Attack + Fire Pen + WED + Added Fire + Multistrike + Faster Attacks
Probably in that order. Pen will be really important due to 100% ele dmg and it acts as a MORE multiplier. I'd suggest finding a way to reach the Heart of Flame node. The burning is a waste imo since your primary damage will come from phys scaling and the initial hit (you can also utilize the tried-and-true Herald of Ash / Ele prolif / Inc Burn / Reduced Mana setup)
Last edited by conqMax on May 21, 2015, 5:46:45 PM
It's a shit build because you don't like it? awesome logic dude! I really appreciate you coming here and saying it's shit because avatar doesn't convert anything.

Infernal blow is a good single target skill on a 4-link, but as far as AoE goes it hasn't been doing much while leveling. Lightning has been clearing faster than static for me as well.
Last edited by lord9898 on May 22, 2015, 5:13:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info