Beta Build/Test and beyond?

I know the devs are refunding all passive skill points whenever they make significant changes, but do you guys have any thoughts on just giving us a button to refund the skills during the beta so that we can build/test easier for you guys? That’s the main point of this post below is a build/test fun vs. design philosophy wall of text feel free to skip it.

I can understand the design decision to want to make players decided on a character type from the get go, but with such a complex game, I wonder if that is actually a “fun” design decision. The game is so complex you don’t even introduce support gems till the second act. Why is it expected of new comers to know enough about the game to lock in their play style decisions? I understand there are going to be a few respec points but 4-6 that work on the ends of your branches. What if you have decided to go for say fist weapons and it takes you 30 points to get a build roughed out when you figure out that they are not a fun play style? Saying tough start a new character seems like an old and bad design philosophy. We players should want to start new characters to play with friends and because we are excited to start from the beginning not because our first idea when we knew nothing about the game was a bad one. When there is so much depth to something locking people in and locking away all the other complexity from people is counterintuitive to getting them to stick around and give you money. That’s like telling people playing Magic the gathering that they can’t try any new cards until they put in another 10-20 hours. I can actually see full respect tokens being a micro transaction, and if the price is right on these GGG will be guaranteed of getting at least a few bucks out of me. The end point being “We want people to decide their character from the start and stick with it” is bad and that sentiment should be tossed in the trash and replaced with “Is this fun? Let’s do it this way because its is more fun.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info