Trading for Newbies

"
Billydanomad wrote:
Respecting people and being ethical will have a significant impact on your experience with other traders.

Probably should be changing the title then? It's completely different from what the OP would suggest. It seems your post is directed to 90% of the trading community...

I am, by the way, willing to take you up on your bet. You can't really get more efficient at buying items than me. In the 1MHC race, I bought Windripper for 5 ex under the market value, Belly for the 50%, etc etc...

And by efficient I mean exalt/hour efficiency, it's fairly obvious that if you're talking about time interacting with all of us scumbags that instantly b/o'ing the item is going to take less time.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Billydanomad wrote:
Respecting people and being ethical will have a significant impact on your experience with other traders.

Probably should be changing the title then? It's completely different from what the OP would suggest. It seems your post is directed to 90% of the trading community...

I am, by the way, willing to take you up on your bet. You can't really get more efficient at buying items than me. In the 1MHC race, I bought Windripper for 5 ex under the market value, Belly for the 50%, etc etc...

And by efficient I mean exalt/hour efficiency, it's fairly obvious that if you're talking about time interacting with all of us scumbags that instantly b/o'ing the item is going to take less time.

There you have it and it why I'm not discussing better because "better" is subjective and a completely pointless discussion based on personal preference. Better to you is "maximizing value" or "profit". That is not what is better for other people. Further you want to define efficiency by profit.... good for you. I do not care and has no bearing on anything I've discussed. I quite clearly implied the term efficiency was used in context of more deals per interaction. So again we catch you trying to change the context of what I've said. Now you want to take me up on a bet that you've changed the core context of and the stipulations. Further you keep interjecting b/o's and I've disputed this characterization repeatedly. What do you not get about this not being about b/o's?
Last edited by Billydanomad on May 21, 2015, 6:59:47 PM
You do realise that more deals per interaction is the most easy shit in the world right?

You literally just whisper them with their b/o - there is zero skill involved.

Not that you care obviously, you would have us b/o your items for overpriced as well...
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 21, 2015, 6:59:23 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
You do realise that more deals per interaction is the most easy shit in the world right?

You literally just whisper them with their b/o - there is zero skill involved.

Not that you care obviously, you would have us b/o your items for overpriced as well...

What do you not understand about my view having nothing to do with b/o's or skill? You really should understand this is not about making players more or less skillful. Seriously, what do you not get about this? I'm astounded that you continue to beat this straw man about skill and b/o's. I have not mentioned once instance of people not respecting my b/o's, this is a figment of your imagination. I digress, I guess you will never understand that my view is not about skill or people respecting me personally.
Last edited by Billydanomad on May 21, 2015, 7:05:40 PM
I cba anymore, it just goes back to my point of your thread being 100% useless.

Don't even bother with the straw-man "ethics" bullshit, I don't need a random in a game to tell me how to be ethical, change the title of your thread already "How to be ethical in PoE"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I cba anymore, it just goes back to my point of your thread being 100% useless.

Don't even bother with the straw-man "ethics" bullshit, I don't need a random in a game to tell me how to be ethical, change the title of your thread already "How to be ethical in PoE"

I think its hilarious you think this thread is about telling people in chat to be ethical when its about being ethical and respectful in trade. Its not surprising someone who does not care about ethics or respect finds a thread about ethics and respect useless. Its quite the egotistical view of yours that you feel your opinion on what's useless or not should be the determining factor on what my thread title should be. It may surprise you but considering you do not care about ethics or respect I can not seriously consider any suggestion you make in regards to my actions.
Last edited by Billydanomad on May 21, 2015, 7:18:25 PM
"
Billydanomad wrote:
Its not surprising someone who does not care about ethics or respect finds a thread about ethics and respect useless.

I've traded for a very long time and this is the first time I've ever heard of such distorted views of ethics and respect.

Do you really think I could get anywhere without first respecting people and then people respecting me?

Keep peddling your version of respect and ethics - it only exists on a forum as a figment of your imagination and has no bearing on the game.
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Do you really think I could get anywhere without first respecting people and then people respecting me?

Making a profit while being unethical and disrespectful to people is irrelevant. You really think your success makes you ethical? or that you cant have success being unethical?

"
Keep peddling your version of respect and ethics - it only exists on a forum as a figment of your imagination and has no bearing on the game.

I think you are confused. You think because you are profitable and subjectively successful at being unethical and disrespectful toward others it validates that behavior. Sure you can get places being unethical and disrespectful it does not change that fact that kind of behavior annoys a large percentage of the player base.

The comedy is you do not care about ethics but it does seem you take offense to behavior you've defended that I've identified as unethical and disrespectful. Why would you waste your time arguing about whether or not you are ethical when you do not care about ethics?
Last edited by Billydanomad on May 21, 2015, 7:30:53 PM
*yawn*

You think because you think that my behavior is unethical, that makes it unethical?

Get over yourself. You don't make any rules.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
*yawn*

You think because you think that my behavior is unethical, that makes it unethical?

Get over yourself. You don't make any rules.

Ethics are like logic. Its not a thought. You can clearly determine whats ethical and not ethical by understanding ethics. I do not have to "think" the behavior you talk about is being unethical and disrespectful because I know it is because I know the meaning of ethics and respect. Obviously and as explicitly stated by you, you do not care about ethics. So any conclusion you draw about whether or not the behavior is ethical or not would have to be looked at with skepticism. In other words, by completely disregarding or lacking any care for ethics completely invalidates any opinion you may have on the subject.
Last edited by Billydanomad on May 21, 2015, 7:38:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info