First high level char, not sure where to go!

If I am honest...

The moment I saw what lightning tendrils looked like I knew I had to be an old man shouting phrases such as "Let the hate flow through you" and such while electrocuting everything in sight.

CI had to be done because ima frail old man with incredible mystical defenses, that once bypassed, allow me to be easily thrown down conveniently available shafts. And naturally, I had to be pre-corrupted and allow the taint to flow through me.

The armour was because I thought if i could maintain about a 30% absorption, my endurance charges can sit me on 55% without too much trouble, doubling the effectivness of my energy shield. Add in a bunch of stun reducing thresholds, and they would be writing on the ground infront of me instead of hitting me :P

But yes, when that many people say "Drop the armour, get the ES" I listen, simple as that.
Now I just need some kickass flowing robes, preferably with a hood.

So, should I drop the combined armour/es skills in the templar area and find some more efficient pure es nodes? Do they exist in a location i can get to easily?
Passive tree has a search tool on the website/passive build, you can examine them to your heart' content :~>
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
No worries you can still make work and i prolly would. It's fun to do different things. And costly to change up. Go AR/ES but search for high values

Like chest > 500 AR 400 ES
http://poe.trade/search/wokizinurutoka

etc.

The stuff is surprising cheap because few go that way (because hybrid gear is sub optimal) but who cares. can still get to 78 maps that way.

I prolly was thinking too much from power-gaming prospective in my first reply as others are.

The biggest help to your character beside searching for high ES gear would be mana and mana regen items so you can spam in 5 or 6L

So wand, shield rings and ammy can have it. This way no mana flask needed (or reduced mana on tree) to spam away. Idelly you want mana and mana regen on both.
some examples.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 19, 2015, 8:30:19 PM
Well. You claim that you are unable to work on your gear, only the passive tree.

Then you did you go for a chaos innoculation character in the first place? Chaos innoculation characters rely heavily on high ES armors, demanding armors with at least 600 ES on average. This makes CI builds the most expensive amongst all builds in this game.

The reason some of us are reluctant to answer you is-How a passive tree for CI works is that the better the gears you have, the more flexible with passive options you are. Players with 1000 ES armor almost takes no bonus ES passives.

I cannot calculate what level are you at exactly, but with this kind of gears, I see that you get 1 shot KO-ed in a level 73 map probably every half an hour.

I mean no offence, I m just trying to bring up some realistic facts about this game that you seem to ignore.
No, thats the exact kind of analysis that i need.

I dont mind people being harsh - i just appreciate it being explanations rather than just comments.

I do not mean I am unable to work on my gear - I mean that for the most part that it will be luck driven, as I have exactly 1 Exalt and 18 chaos - so when people say "this is 5 chaos" I am paying full attention - I just mean I can not go out and replace my gear with high level stuff.

Cheap stuff with a different focus, as has been suggested, is totally possible. (And will be done. Im not the kind to ask for help then ignore advice)

My goal for today is to find pure ES chest armour, as has been suggested.

As to me asking about passive skill tree, I guess im focusing on that so much because i am feeling uncertain about i should finish my build with. I do not know what will give the best end-game value, as I do not have the experience to know. Advice like the chest armour was simple, accepted, and was going to be acted on after the first post or two about it - however hardly anyone answered about the skills :P

I do get 1 shotted about once a half hour :P More on cold heavy maps - being frozen is death, and i very much am working towards getting a lightning resist flask that removes frozen. I think I am also going to stop enchanting every map I do for maximum quantity %. Its probably this irregularity of death that makes me feel like its abberant, and that it was not an inherent flaw in my build but an unlucky crit. However, as you point out, if it happens EVERY half hour that means its within the range of damage i need to build to compensate for.

The comment that nobody can tell me how many ES nodes to take because of it depending on my gear helps a lot. Now I know that it is not a case of "Need X nodes on ES build" but instead "Need Y ES total, remove or add nodes to get this total, then spend spares on other skills"

May I ask what the minimum "safe" total ES (not nodes, es) you would consider to aim for? It would give me a goal to work towards.

Had I been aware that ES are amongst the most expensive, I would have probably built differently. But hey, knowing about the upcoming expansion and thinking it would be cool to make an emperor style char is what got me back into PoE after almost a year of not playing, and no serious chars before that. Cant really complain about that from my end :)
Last edited by Glorfygolgoth on May 19, 2015, 9:24:11 PM
Minimum ES to run a CI character safely, inclusive of ES contributed by discipline aura, is 5500.
Most of us veteran players would embark on CI characters only when we know we can secure about 7000 ES.
You would probably want to farm up a few exalts to buy an armor with 500 ES at least. 500 ES is considered quite low and people should not charge you too expensive for it. (but it is still a few exalts!!) Try to get it 5L as well.
Next, what you need is that Scion ES shield wheel right above her portrait in the skilltree.
Once you secure a true lategame ES armor, 700 ES or more. Drop the passive skillpoints on the Scion wheel and focus more on other useful skill nodes like critical chances as well as multiplier.
Lastly, it is impossible to even farm with this current character of yours. You will never get your 500 ES armor in this way. I suggest you use some cheap magic find builds that cost only 20 chaos to build and can earn 1 exalt every 2 hour. Flame totem magic find is an excellent example, try it and you will regret every other character you built before.=)

Cheers mate and hope to see you on the path of excellence.
CI is the master race of POE but not until you get massive DPS to fill your massive ES. But I get comfortable at 8K ES with instant leech. Everyone will be different. Pings and all.

Life builds is recommitted on budget TBH but like i said you can get by. Hit and run tactics and boost ES should get into 78 map.

Oh and u need these if you're getting stun and frozen.They are cheapest option.

Dream frag you can do without carrying a unfrozen flask but must be quick

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 20, 2015, 12:53:14 AM
Massive thanks to Ceratoidei. He donated a full set of ES equipment to me, and now i am reborn :)

Now up to 6.6k energy shield! Extra socket in armour for an extra 4k damage!

I do take about 15% more damage per hit... but given i have well over double my current health its fairly obvious to see that this is a vast vast improvement

Oh, and I managed to craft this as well :)

Just a quick questiong, would Eye of Chayula kill you instantly on a CI build, as 1 life minus 20% = death? No idea, just curious.
Last edited by Glorfygolgoth on May 20, 2015, 3:01:55 AM
"
Glorfygolgoth wrote:

Just a quick questiong, would Eye of Chayula kill you instantly on a CI build, as 1 life minus 20% = death? No idea, just curious.

Nope. your character will still be at 1 life.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
CI is the master race of POE but not until you get massive DPS to fill your massive ES. But I get comfortable at 8K ES with instant leech. Everyone will be different.

Another question if your patience is enough :) you mentioned that you prefer instant life leech.

it would take me 11 points out of my path, with 3 of those being wasted on health nodes that do not effect me. However, (this is me thinking out loud) life leech doesnt stack, and currently my 8% life leech heals 960 over 2 seconds, or roughly 500 a second during best circumstances.

Vaal pact would make this 40%, or 384, but it would be instant. Is this effected by damage effectiveness 25% from lightning tendrils? If not, each cast would give me 1536 health again, under optimal) or 4915 a second with my current cast rate. 1228 per second if it is hit by the 25.

It seems worth it. Am i missing something, or could those 11 points be better spent on critical nodes and ES nodes that put my dps and es up enough that the 2second rate is better? Did i get the maths correct?

(11602 dps, 6659 es, rounding used for current stats)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info