What is going on with this game?

"
choopk1993 wrote:
Exactly this, don't be surprise if they push it to august.

It would make for a super fantastic 4th of July here in the USA if GGG could get PoE 2.0 pushed out by then. Carl posted:

"Are we still on track?

Number of issues: 698

A late-June launch is very unlikely at this point, but we are still on track for early July. With that in mind we are going to be aggressive with adding the planned new content."

Only time will tell how fast the bugs get squashed.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 25, 2015, 7:48:59 PM
It's pretty hard to put time lines on beta. So many fires to put out.
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Let's see now, last I heard GGG was up into the 50s in employees. I don't know what the economy is in New Zealand but if GGG employees average salary is.. oh say 35K then if there are 55 employees that works out to just over 37K per week needed just for salaries. add in other business costs and it's over 50K per week in mtx and supporter pack sales needed. I'm probably low balling the numbers so it could be closer to 60K or 70K needed to keep GGG in the black each week.

So high and mighty principles about free-to-play is all well and good but if we want GGG to produce a better arpg with much better quality of play then selling beta access + points supporter packs is a logical thing for them to do.

Let's see if you could write a complex game and coordinate 50+ people so that all the parts will work together seamlessly and flawlessly. You have no idea how hard that is. There are no shortcuts to producing a great game.

That's a good start, but just scratching the surface. Don't forget everything else:

-Rent
-Utilities
-Local IT Systems (local workgroup/network infrastructure)
-Software/Licenses (Office suite, CMDB, development software, accounting SW, time management system, ticketing systems for incident and problem resolution, etc.)
-Global Gaming Infrastructure/Network (Game Servers, storage and Connectivity)
-Travel
-Marketing and Communications (not sure on this one)
-Website hosting
-NZ National Burdens (not sure if this anything...an example would be SS burden that is shared by the employer and employee in the US)
-Anything that might be outsourced (accounting? taxes? I don't know...hard to say what their makeup is)

These are all just shots in the dark, I'm sure some are not relevant and even more that I've missed. People who claim "money grab" need to gain some perspective; and more importantly: gratitude.
"
xiandrii wrote:
I keep checking back on the path of exile website, but I can't find any information about the current state of the game

I'm just waiting for the next 3 month temp leagues and Act 4. Where can I find info about this? is there a date when they will actually release the act 4?

Also why are they doing this stupid countdown thing? it's exceptionally frustrating :/ I just want to play the damn game -_-

edit: oh i get it now, they are trying to squeze more money out of us by selling access to the "beta" -.- wow, real classy, Chris. i thought you were better than that.

I am on a same boat, but I wont buy a pack just to play beta... 1st of all, because I am not throwing money blindly on something I didnt saw yet ( new content ) , 2nd I dont like this money squeezing approach of GGG. Fuck that. I dont see a reason why I cant have a beta key if I throwed more than 300 $ in this game. If thats not enough then its greed and I dont see a reason why I should support them further. I supported enough.

I tried the flashback league and I was bored after 3 days, so I quit. It's nice to have all mod, but its the same boring old content, so nop... not gonna waste my precious time there.

So I am just playing other games in the meantime like League, Hearthstone, I also finished Pillars of Eternity recently.... So I wont act like there arent other games. There are plenty to choose from. PoE is not the only one. So I just wait until the new content is released FOR FREE ofc and I entertain myself by playing other games. Easy as that. I totally spit on fking reddit with all the CB spoilers and also I am also visiting this forum less and less every day.
"
Nubatron wrote:

These are all just shots in the dark, I'm sure some are not relevant and even more that I've missed.

they also have a gardener who hunts down the kiwi birds entering the premises but fails spectacularily on the peacock.

@op: there is no offical release date yet.
until then you can only buy yourself into the group testing the new and unofficial content. which isn't "the game" at all.
sure it's new areas and new skills but areas and quests aren't completed yet and new skills and mechanics and even areas are subject to further changes. on top of that the client crashes for many players on a permanent basis.

so you're not really miss anything if you wait for the official release. which is ... free.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 26, 2015, 8:23:46 AM
It's pretty simple really. By the time the new expansion is released it will have been 3 months of threading water + 6 months of not being allowed to play the game. That's a long time without heroin, ehm, PoE. At that point everything will already have been discovered and you'll be hopelessly behind meta wise so why even bother.

As you might have noticed by the tone of this post I'm slightly salty over this.
Lets just say, now is the perfect time to start playing selffound.
"
Teplokot wrote:

there is never a good time to play self found lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Teplokot wrote:

Please be mindful not to insult other people's playstyles.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Teplokot wrote:

Please be mindful not to insult other people's playstyles.

that wasent meant as in insult I was trying to convey the fact that self found is simply much harder
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info