5L Harbinger Bow - what to do with it?

I found this and I'm unsure what to do with it. Should i try to reroll? Is this Regal worthy? Or is selling it as it is the best option?
Depends on what you want to do with it... I don't think it is end-game viable.

According to this:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix#Damage_Scaling
the damage multiplier is only 'Vicious'.
You'll want 'Cruel' or even better 'Tyrannical' (if the item has a high enough item level, iLvl 73 for 'Tyrannical').

This build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989
has a very good description of how to craft an end-game Harbinger.
Following it, I created this:

sry that crafting guide is not reat really good
in current meta I would roll Tempered with Granite Flask and Regal, hoping to hit Hybrid or Crit

otherwise you could use Alts, but as Flaring and Tyrannical are on the 1. Tier you need 1000+ Alts to hit it once, so several Ex per Regal

(61+Flat Roll)*(1+Inc Phys+0,2 from Quality)

with your Vicious-Roll you would Multimod (Suffix); Local Crit (Suffix) & Flat Phys (Prefix) if your Regal would hit a Prefix, otherwise you would scour dirctly, but...

you would get:
(61+18)*(1+1,07+0,2)*1,2=228pDPS so not even worth the Regal

a Tempered with useless Prefix (2 Mod Rare)
you would add Multi Mod, Physic% (Pre); Local Crit (Suff); Ias (Suff)

(61 + 42) * (1 + 0,65 + 0,2) * 1,2 * 1,1=251pDPS

better, but still to weak... so you would have to hit a Hybrid Roll like Reavers 33-44% inc Phys, that would give your Bow ~ 320+pDPS... but for sure you would a few Ex, as it would cost ~50 Granite + 20 Regal + a few hundred Alts

if you follow the advise of Cyzax and try to hit a blank Tyrannical you could reach:
(61 + 23) * (1 + 1,69 + 0,2) * 1,2 * 1,1 = 320pDPS but as you would have another Suffix most likely you would end up with ~290pDPS, which isnt even worth the crafting, as you can buy a bow like that, way cheaper... aaaand if you hit Tyrannical with a useless suffix and regal a suffix, you can directly scour it, as without local crit, the bow would be to weak

the only reason to craft the old fashion way, is trying to hit Flaring and hope for a good regal, but still the only effecient way is with Granite Flasks
Follow me
Last edited by Ceratoidei on May 18, 2015, 10:03:42 AM
This sounds very interesteing. I just don't fully understand how this works... Does the granite recipe increase the added damage roll each time I do it? Do i want to first roll tyrannical and then add physical dmg with granite?
du scheinst ja deutsch zu sein...
nein du brauchst eine Flat Phys Roll wie Honed, Annealed oder so, das Suffix ist egal
mit dem Vendor Recipe erhältst du dann eine Waffe mit der nächst besseren Flat Phys Roll, bis du bei Tempered bist machst du das immer wieder, danach ist dann Ende Gelände

also so wie dein Bow kannst du den auch regalen und hoffen dass du einen hohen Flat Phys triffst, so geht er dann ja auch klar... also ich würde wahrscheinlich wenn ich Bloodthirsty oder Cruel kriege auch immer regaln und auf Glück hoffen :)
Yes, I'm german speaking but I don't really want to turn this into a german thread^^

Well, Regal wasn't lucky...
Why exactly do you directly Regal the Tempered and not just hope for a good Augmentation? Isn't a high local crit also something you would aim at?
since you cant add a phys damage/accuracy mod with master anymore, the chance is really low to get a decent bow.

That means the second posted Bow is a legacy Bow.
Last edited by Fumina on May 18, 2015, 5:59:58 PM
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Yes, I'm german speaking but I don't really want to turn this into a german thread^^

Well, Regal wasn't lucky...
Why exactly do you directly Regal the Tempered and not just hope for a good Augmentation? Isn't a high local crit also something you would aim at?

if you have the currency, yes you do, the higher the local crit, the less points you have to spend to cap crit :)
Alright! So do I directly Regal a Tempered or Augemt, Regal a Tempered?

Thanks for the very detailed answers btw!
Last edited by BundesHeinz on May 19, 2015, 6:08:24 AM
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Alright! So do I directly Regal a Tempered or Augemt, Regal a Tempered?

Thanks for the very detailed answers btw!

up to you

but keep in mind that the Augment won't give you a decent outcome in most cases, which is increasing the costs by a huge margin (depends a bit on how much you pay for your Granites...)

Old Item Mod Spawn
jus Flaring is outdated

so disered Hybrid Mods are Reavers, Mercanyarys, Champions, Conqueres, Emp (if ilvl is high enough)
1,67+0,69+0,33+0,13=2,8
so roughly 35 Regal in average to reach a 320+pDPS Bow :)

I'm currently not aware of market prices, but could be cheaper to just buy a crafted bow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info