(Nov 26) This weekend's 3 hour ladder event

So, the point is to see who can make it the furthest in game? Or is it to see who can attain the highest level?
Dedicated CBT for PoE. (I genuinely care about the success of GGG and PoE.)
"
Mashekle wrote:
So, the point is to see who can make it the furthest in game? Or is it to see who can attain the highest level?

The winner will be whoever has the most XP with one winner for each class.
Forum Sheriff
tpapp are you participating?

i need a partner ... :(
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Nov 26, 2011, 2:36:04 PM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
tpapp are you participating?

i need a partner ... :(

No, sorry. I'm out of town this weekend visiting family for Thanksgiving.
Forum Sheriff
when will we be able to create our characters?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
The event starts in just over an hour. We're going to get some breakfast, then we'll create the league (hopefully half an hour before the event) so that people can make their characters if they want to prepare. The characters won't be able to move or play yet.

We are adding an additional prize! All characters that are still alive and are level 20+ at the end of the event will be considered for a spot prize (drawn at random) which is the same unique item given to the winners. So that's the top person of each class based on experience and also one person drawn at random from the people who are level 20+ and still alive.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
and how about a friend key for second and third place of each class? :D
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
YeahPete wrote:
Did a dry run as well :) much faster than other post here :) I will not be saying how we did it :)

Well, that says it right there. Class/build may vary but it's generally going to be faster and more rewarding in a party.

"
konfeta wrote:
The only thing that annoys me about this event is that is that it will probably not be winnable solo.

I feel the same, but.. I'm going to try it solo anyway.
It's probably too late for this, but super big request to GGG:

SPLIT OR MODIFY THE TOURNAMENTS. You made a condition that removed class balance out of the equation, now please, set a condition so that team ups are out of the equation - hold separate prize pools or separate events for solo and group ladder races.

The raw optimization potential is far greater in a party than in solo, getting it perfectly balanced in terms of difficulty:XP-gain is going to be a mess.
Last edited by konfeta on Nov 26, 2011, 3:10:44 PM
"
konfeta wrote:
It's probably too late for this, but super big request to GGG:

SPLIT OR MODIFY THE TOURNAMENTS. You made a condition that removed class balance out of the equation, now please, set a condition so that team ups are out of the equation - hold separate prize pools or separate events for solo and group ladder races.

The raw optimization potential is far greater in a party than in solo, getting it perfectly balanced in terms of difficulty:XP-gain is going to be a mess.

I agree.. or disable teams for events like this.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info