How to "get rich"?

so ive been playing POE on and off for a while now, and ive never been at the point where im considered well off in game. sure i have a stash tab of maps, some of which have 100+ IIQ and are 74+, but without the ability to run those maps they dont do much, and even when i do run the oddball map that is high lvl, high IIQ, and i can run theres no 100% guarantee it will have anything worth selling in it.

So basically... how do i "get rich" i use the chaos and regal recipes obviously, i have 2 stash tabs, one dedicated to each with a lineup of vendor ready items, once i have a full set (rings and amulets man... jsut cant find em). As well i pick up every rare i can find and ID them and then vendor them if they dont have any "useful" mods (35%+ res, 95+ life, 100%+ armour/evasion/energyshield, +armour/evasion/energyshield, etc). and then store the rest in the hopes of selling them... which they never do, i think ive had a total of 10 chaos in items sell in the last week, and over half of that was beucas ei downlaoded procurement.

Heres a few methods ive tried already to no avail:

-dom/piety farming: After 50+ runs and getting nearly nothing i gave up

-mapping: If im lucky i get 1 unique per map, but 99% of those are utter trash, i dont even vendor them i jsut store them and they rot in my stash now

-crafting: Ive had some success due to the fact i pick up and ID every rare i find and have around 5-15 alts per map i run, but people arent really interested unless the items are already master crafted, and im never sure what to put onto my items

-grouping: "Did you know? grouping with other players makes areas harder and gives betetr rewards" right, and having a map with 2000% IIR means its going to give items worht money... dont lie to me GGG.

-Begging: yup, in game about a year ago i begged for help on global, and people ACTUALLY gave me things... I diont do this anymore becuase the items they gave me then were actually good, by my standards a year ago, now if i get an infractem bow id be pretty pissed abotu it, not happy.

things ive heard work:

-running atziri: Im lvl 88 ranger, using sub par gear (i have 52 fire res in merciless), and 8 chaos for a midnight is fairly steep, even moreso if i dont get somethign worth at least 8 in the area (11 if i need ot buy all the pieces, which i do).

-Sellign whites: Ive heard players buy whites that are item lvl 73+, but i have no idea which items, or why, i mean i cna easily GET 75+ whites, i have the maps for it, but what items do peopel want? and why those items? how much do they sell for?

-Mapping: was actualyl told today that running maps will lose me currency in the long run, im assuming they meant if im buying the maps, which i dont do becuase i have a never ending supply of maps, fo revery 3 maps i run i get at least 3 back, and people frequently post free low level maps for free, which i take then craft up into better maps, or vendor for chisels with my failed mjolmeir chancings.

So... yeah, id very much like help leanring how to make some amount of currencies in game, id like to eventually upgrade my gear.

heres a link to my gear, and the build im copying, my current DPS on it is about 13.5k (i know i know, the tooltip isnt accurate, but its what im going by for now) http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989/page/229#p10629568

and a link to my procurement thread with SOEM of my crap on it, but not all becuase listing everythign takes ages.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1272627
Flip 4 Life = Rich
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Flip 4 Life = Rich

this

You buy 50 Fusings for 1ex and resell 48 for 1ex.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
The answer is actually very simple: trading.

I think currency juggling is is an effective but also very time consuming way. It's actually way easier to make good bargains and resell them for much more. There are a few uniques where prices tend to vary highly and where bargains are not as rare als elsewhere.

I think I made most of my (humble) wealth through good trades.
Last edited by BundesHeinz on May 18, 2015, 6:28:15 AM
After checking: is this a troll? You're selling pretty expensive stuff in your thread, way overpriced i might add.
lol, indeed. he's offering infractem 6l for 60ex and shadows and dust for 30ex

hurry, buy :)
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
After checking: is this a troll? You're selling pretty expensive stuff in your thread, way overpriced i might add.

7 pairs of shadows and dust, 1 pair is 3R1W socketed on evasion gloves, and 2 pairs of shadows and dust have good vaal'd effects, temportals chains and assassin mark. all the others are priced based on other prices on poe.trade.

Maybe if people responded when i asked for price checks/pricing help my stuff would be reasonably priced. everytime i ask people say "use poe.trade or poeprice" so if you have a problem with my prices fix both poe.trade and poeprice, or jsut tell me the price for the items, otherwise, per supports responses to such issues: "Players may offer, or request any amount of currencies for any item in game".

"
bersi23 wrote:
lol, indeed. he's offering infractem 6l for 60ex and shadows and dust for 30ex

hurry, buy :)

There are currently 2 infractems on poe.trade that are 6L, meaning that there is no good price for a 6l infractem, furthermore, per supports responses to such issues: "Players may offer, or request any amount of currencies for any item in game"
you will never get rich.

You want to be rich?!
solutions!

-extreme luck (2/3 shavs per week)
-botting
-rmt
-farm 24/24 7d/7 with multi account.

Even when you flip with a 10%/20% gain it's too slow.

I have 40 ex and 1900 fusings in my stash, 600 chaos... and it's a little wallet, but it's already a lot of currencies for the "middle man".

thoo "rich" = 500+ex, a rich man doesnt care about money and will corrupt it his legacy kaom because he can.

the temporal chain on it shadow and dust is a bit overpriced, 20ex maybe.
the 6L infractem worths 24 ex maximum, infractem itself has 0 value and i sell it all the time.

You have a lot of vendor trash rares in your shop
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
RMT or play path of trading.

Honestly, getting rich in this game is one of the most annoying thing for me; I somehow dont have the luck for much. Sometimes I walk with a1n gear into a1m.

Chaos flush recipe is really the only thing you can do, but its a pain in the ass anyway.

I guess capitalism isnt for us.

getting rich is not so important in this game IMO. You can spend all day trade flipping like a used car salesman but in the end what is there to buy? A 6L Shavs, mirror gear, GGG tier items? Whats the point, you can play 99% of builds without those items and there is no content that is gated behind them. Once you do get those items whats the point of even doing normal gameplay anymore since everything will be trivial to you and the only thing left to do is keep flipping/grinding levels (neither of which requires crazy riches)

If you play normally and don't waste currency you can get a decent amount of currency (~5 exalts) just through sheer brute force luck and you won't have any issues.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info