Community News: New Forum Guidelines

Ups, I read South American. What a moron. Anyway, same circunstances.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
This might have been mentioned already but the part about illegal substances...What authority's guidelines do we have to follow ..lets say for instance i live in a place where smoking weed is legal ?
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
creampuffed4u wrote:
This might have been mentioned already but the part about illegal substances...What authority's guidelines do we have to follow ..lets say for instance i live in a place where smoking weed is legal ?

You gotta ask GGG if its legal in their office. If it is then you can freely talk about it.
"
creampuffed4u wrote:

Probably should just use some common sense here. If something is considered illegal in many/most places, don't talk about it. I've never understood why people who smoke weed feel the need to talk about it publicly all the time anyway, even when it's illegal for them to smoke it where they are. If for some reason, I was doing something illegal, the last thing I would do is go around announcing that fact publicly for no apparent reason...

In any case though, it's not in any way related to the game, so no need to talk about it here. If it's legal wherever you are and you're into that sort of thing, great..enjoy. But since it's probably illegal in most other places, keep it to yourself.
No it wasn't you.

The player getting probated wrote something like "you are a really stupid person" in early 2013 and got probated in april 2014.
Bex, any chance we can add General Discussion under the forums tab like it used to be? I mean, a post like this one on New Forum Guidelines shouldn't really be in General Discussion when you think about it. I'm sure there's a sub-forum thread where it would be more appropriate...
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
ahcos wrote:
In general i do like harsh forum rules, but those are clearly over the top. If someone like me who's all about "law and order" in forums thinks this is too much...

These rules are the nail in the coffin for me. It's just not fun to act like a manner robot around idiotic people. I'll be on probation a lot if i decide to stick around. Sad.

Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com with any feedback regarding the new forum guidelines, as we are interested in building the forum community and making it more welcoming to all players.

Why are you advocating that he email support in this instance? Wouldn't it be better for him to post in this thread and get a GGG reply in this thread? Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

This kind of response really undermines that GGG is trying to work together with the COMMUNITY to improve the community. This response comes off to me as a "let me just deal with this one guy and get him done and out the way" kind of response. If I were ahcos I'd be moderately offended.

I can understand that most of the time this type of post is appropriate. But this really feels like one of the times that it isn't to me. This comes off as robotic and heartless.

I think I might have been the first person probated under the new rules. My claim to fame, I guess.
The carebear guidelines surely don't provide to the exiled atmosphere.
I've already had a post deleted that didn't violate any of the guidelines. I don't believe this new moderation is off to a very good start.

[Removed by Support]

I'd really love it if you could stop deleting any posts you don't like, though. Leaving them up with a warning that posts of that sort won't be tolerated will give us some idea of what you don't allow here. As it currently stands, I still have no clue what will and won't be deleted from your forums. Why waste my effort writing posts if the mods will simply delete them entirely if they find one word I used unacceptable?

[Removed by Support]

GGG, fix yourself.
Last edited by Rachel on May 19, 2015, 12:58:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info