ALT+F4 legit strat (change)

First, they could never enforce a rule prohibiting quitting the game. Next, its hard to make your character persist when it stops existing after your log out and really punishes people who lose connectivity or if they encounter a random crash. Third, and most importantly, why do you care what how other people play the game? It has absolutely no bearing on how YOU play the game.
Last edited by Billydanomad on May 17, 2015, 6:02:55 PM
well, like most have said, when you die in HC and your chars goes to SC, IT NO LONGER IS A HC char. it becomes SC, the blue flag of doom is worse then death.

about the alt-f4, whats wrong with it? does the HC ladder annoy you so much?
imagine: you jumo in to a pack of mobs, kill half of them and leap away, and for some reason your life keeps dropping with nothing near you, are you gonna just wait and die or alt-f4?
Last edited by spoc002 on May 17, 2015, 6:17:22 PM
its literally impossible to do something about this even if they would try, so you better accept it how it is.

lets assume somehow magically u can prevent players from doing it, give it a few weeks and there are scripts that work around the fix and theyll logout again.

and tbh i dont mind, in the bullethell-game poe can be at times
The forums are a weird alternate reality, one where the scene of Rick James on the couch from the Chappelle show keeps repeating from time to time.

Where's Charlie and Eddie Murphy when you need them?
Oblivious
"
voodoojin wrote:
lets assume somehow magically u can prevent players from doing it, give it a few weeks and there are scripts that work around the fix and theyll logout again.
Sorry, what?

Client send "logout this char" to server (edit: or just stops sending anything) --> server waits 5-10 seconds while still running the instance before actually logging that character out (and doesn't care if client is still running or not)

Now please show us this magical script(s) you were talking about.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on May 17, 2015, 11:31:44 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
Alt+F4 is a Windows thing, not a PoE thing.

Alt+F4 is a windows thing. Your character immediately leaving the instance (and therefore getting you out of harm's way when you've done nothing to deserve the bailout) is a PoE thing, and that's what's really in discussion here.

Characters should linger in the instance for at least a couple seconds after alt-f4 or logging out. OP's right, there's nothing 'hardcore' about alt-f4 or logging out to save yourself from dying... it'd be like a sports team walking off the field after allowing the first point(s) and claiming they didn't lose because the game didn't come to a regulation end.

You wanna rush out of an instance to save your neck? Use a portal. That requires an actual degree of foresight and preparation.
Last edited by Shppy on May 17, 2015, 11:36:03 PM
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:
The other thing they should remove with Alt F4 is that when a HC character dies it flows in to a SC league. That needs to go, period. That isn't "hard core" at all. You get to keep the character? LOL hardly hard core.

You guys all stick up for POE as if it's this epic hard core game - we see that thrown around all the time around here especially when discussion turns to POE VS "other" ARPGs... "Oooh ya? Well POE is soooo hard core!" - hardly. Even vs "that" ARPG, POE's "hard core" mode is basically a feather on the foot. Tickle mode hard core anyone? Yeah - thought so.

Worst part about HC characters coming to Standard league is that they only come to help ruin the economy. HC character dies = comes to standard sell all his gear for cheap (taking the trade away from a Standard league player) and keeps the Exalts in his stash and go back to HC league. Standard Exalts price goes up because thay are all being stored in stash by HC players and Standard players get screwed and need to pay more every time for gear and orbs.
HC characters coming to Standard is a stupid mechanic and should go away. I dont understand this game announces to be so Hardcore and it doesn't really have HC in it...

every time i rip in hc, Im so angry that I dump the entire char into the guild stash
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
Shppy wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
Alt+F4 is a Windows thing, not a PoE thing.

Alt+F4 is a windows thing. Your character immediately leaving the instance (and therefore getting you out of harm's way when you've done nothing to deserve the bailout) is a PoE thing, and that's what's really in discussion here.

Characters should linger in the instance for at least a couple seconds after alt-f4 or logging out. OP's right, there's nothing 'hardcore' about alt-f4 or logging out to save yourself from dying... it'd be like a sports team walking off the field after allowing the first point(s) and claiming they didn't lose because the game didn't come to a regulation end.

You wanna rush out of an instance to save your neck? Use a portal. That requires an actual degree of foresight and preparation.

I don't see how anyone using a key combo to log out impacts anyone else's game.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
I0wa wrote:
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:
The other thing they should remove with Alt F4 is that when a HC character dies it flows in to a SC league. That needs to go, period. That isn't "hard core" at all. You get to keep the character? LOL hardly hard core.

You guys all stick up for POE as if it's this epic hard core game - we see that thrown around all the time around here especially when discussion turns to POE VS "other" ARPGs... "Oooh ya? Well POE is soooo hard core!" - hardly. Even vs "that" ARPG, POE's "hard core" mode is basically a feather on the foot. Tickle mode hard core anyone? Yeah - thought so.

Worst part about HC characters coming to Standard league is that they only come to help ruin the economy. HC character dies = comes to standard sell all his gear for cheap (taking the trade away from a Standard league player) and keeps the Exalts in his stash and go back to HC league. Standard Exalts price goes up because thay are all being stored in stash by HC players and Standard players get screwed and need to pay more every time for gear and orbs.
HC characters coming to Standard is a stupid mechanic and should go away. I dont understand this game announces to be so Hardcore and it doesn't really have HC in it...

every time i rip in hc, Im so angry that I dump the entire char into the guild stash

So your guildies sell stuff that wasn't picked up in standard!!? That's bad either way.
And if that is not the case you are still just one person in the middle of thousands that do sell their stuff, keep the orbs in stash and leave to HC again.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info