ALT+F4 legit strat (change)

Hello all,
as title states i hope that with lockstep impelemented this strat will no longer be aviliable in HC leagues as it was for now because of desync issue and "balancing" bosses by chris words
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/536962/page/1

the reason why is simple: its called hardcore for a reason to be careful and to think ahead not to rush anywhere and when you get low on hp empty bottles you just alt+f4 and go again without ANY penalty at all its seems pretty SOFTcore to me

i know there are many posts around here about this topic but i would rly like devs to say something to it not just ignore like desynch issue and after few years say "hey no desynch for you guys because we were doing something all the time to make it right" so unprofesional or their public stuff dont have acces to this kind of information ? that would be even woerse i think

anyway needed to get this from my chest for long time

to stupid/wannabe flamers: bring it on ! at least i will have something to do in my job tomorrow

PS:sory for my uterly bad english

i like games ))
Even with desync, alt f4/logout should never have been "legit" as a means to survive. There needs to be a timer that keeps the char in case of alt f4/logout in the game for at least 2 or 3 seconds.

Now let the ragers come.
I suggest you develop magical instantaneous internet that can never legitimately disconnect or bog down to make this a credible argument.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
I suggest you develop magical instantaneous internet that can never legitimately disconnect or bog down to make this a credible argument.

No... I disagree here.

Not that I actually really care what they do to HC because I don't play it and never will - however I've lived most of my POE life with this hulking, aggressive shadow lingering around me taunting me whenever I post my league and getting berated by these supposed "hard core" players... and then when push came to shove GGG defending "alt F4" as a legit and totally preplanned concept because of the net code.

Well boys. Net code fixed.

The other thing they should remove with Alt F4 is that when a HC character dies it flows in to a SC league. That needs to go, period. That isn't "hard core" at all. You get to keep the character? LOL hardly hard core.

You guys all stick up for POE as if it's this epic hard core game - we see that thrown around all the time around here especially when discussion turns to POE VS "other" ARPGs... "Oooh ya? Well POE is soooo hard core!" - hardly. Even vs "that" ARPG, POE's "hard core" mode is basically a feather on the foot. Tickle mode hard core anyone? Yeah - thought so.

Too bad they won't change it ever though. They rightly should.

Keeping a char isnt bad. I dont want to waste real life time on a game character and do it all over again if i can as well use the char in SC. HC chars that go to SC are no longer HC chars, so the bragging rights is basically gone.

2 seconds timer please GGG, thats not too much to ask for real HC feel.
"
Q:What are your thoughts on the use of alt-f4 in the game to escape death?
"
A:It's currently an accepted playstyle that allows us to design bosses to be more interesting. If you're locked in to *absolutely having to kill it with no hope of escape* then it has to be an easier fight.

Netcode was never the main reason for GGG. It was content and boss design.
Last edited by Hartree on Aug 19, 2022, 11:56:53 AM
Let's collect all the hot-button topics in one place so that we can all assert our own personal views as if they're facts. Good place for it.
Alt+F4 is a Windows thing, not a PoE thing.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
FadeXF wrote:
The other thing they should remove with Alt F4 is that when a HC character dies it flows in to a SC league. That needs to go, period. That isn't "hard core" at all. You get to keep the character? LOL hardly hard core.

You guys all stick up for POE as if it's this epic hard core game - we see that thrown around all the time around here especially when discussion turns to POE VS "other" ARPGs... "Oooh ya? Well POE is soooo hard core!" - hardly. Even vs "that" ARPG, POE's "hard core" mode is basically a feather on the foot. Tickle mode hard core anyone? Yeah - thought so.

Worst part about HC characters coming to Standard league is that they only come to help ruin the economy. HC character dies = comes to standard sell all his gear for cheap (taking the trade away from a Standard league player) and keeps the Exalts in his stash and go back to HC league. Standard Exalts price goes up because thay are all being stored in stash by HC players and Standard players get screwed and need to pay more every time for gear and orbs.
HC characters coming to Standard is a stupid mechanic and should go away. I dont understand this game announces to be so Hardcore and it doesn't really have HC in it...
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:

Worst part about HC characters coming to Standard league is that they only come to help ruin the economy. HC character dies = comes to standard sell all his gear for cheap (taking the trade away from a Standard league player) and keeps the Exalts in his stash and go back to HC league. Standard Exalts price goes up because thay are all being stored in stash by HC players and Standard players get screwed and need to pay more every time for gear and orbs.
HC characters coming to Standard is a stupid mechanic and should go away. I dont understand this game announces to be so Hardcore and it doesn't really have HC in it...

Screw the economy game, i dont care about it at all.
"
Screw the economy game, i dont care about it at all.

Same for your opinion, no one cares about it at all.

edit: it seems economy in this game doesn't matter, ok
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
Last edited by x_KOR_x on May 17, 2015, 5:42:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info