Driver crashing :/

Hey, I know PoE is very unlikely to blame for this, I'm just posting in as many places as possible in order to help find a solution to this problem I'm having.

Thus far, it has only occured whilst streaming via OBS and I'm going to play without streaming to see if it still happens.

Basically, OBS pops up with the error message Texture -> Map failed: 0x887 a0005 0x887 a0007. Your video card or driver froze and was reset. Please check for possible hardware/driver issues. This can also occur if you have enabled opencl in x264 custom settings." (I haven't got that enabled). As well as the generic "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" message from Windows.

I have an AMD card and using a clean install using the 14.12 drivers. If anyone else has had this issue or has any suggestions to fix this please do advise :)

http://www.twitch.tv/afrandor/v/5133187 02:02:45 Can see it happen there, kinda making PoE impossible to play.
Only going with googled info but yeah, it's OBS not your GFX card.

Unfortunetly there dosen't seem to be a good answer, only one person i've seen so far going through the threads thought he fixed it

"
Just found out that it crashes when I have the preview enabled so as long as I don't keep that on it's fine.

Everything else is make sure windows is fully updated, and direct x is upto date and reinstaling OBS
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned this information before, allow me to update.

Prior to this specific crash I had already:

Re-installed my GPU driver
Re-installed OBS
Installed Windows Updates
Updated my .NET Framework
Disabled OBS Stream Preview

Since this crash I've uninstalled the 14.12 drivers and will attempt to use the 15.4 beta drivers.
Had this happen again whilst using the aforementioned beta drivers.

This was the first time it happened leveling 1-77 (1 day, 1 hour, 30 minutes) so now I'm going to try it without streaming and see if the crash still occurs - given how sporadic it is though, it may take a couple of days to see if it still happens.

In the meantime, if anyone can offer any further advice that would be appreciated.
Well, I'm back and can confirm this happens regardless if I'm streaming or not. It took a few days as expected to be able to confirm this however I've just now had the crash twice today whilst not streaming at all for the past couple of days.

This is happening with both the 14.12 release driver and 15.4 beta driver, and I have to mention that it's specifically only occuring within Path of Exile out of the games that I play currently.

Thinking I'll e-mail support on this to have this investigated further, would still appreciate any advice here.

What is the crash you get when not running OBS?

The only error I saw posted was with OBS.

But you should check your power settings and make sure it's at max power and that your card settings are default and not over-clocked or otherwise "tweaked"
Last edited by Drakier on May 22, 2015, 8:06:49 PM
Exactly the same, Drakier. Minus the Texture string, as that's produced by OBS, as a result of the driver crashing.

Settings are indeed fine, has to be something either hardware or driver related and linked directly to Path of Exile as this doesn't happen in any other game that I play and have tested extensively.
Have spoken to support about this - we're trying to resolve it. Thus far had suggested things I'd already tried other than rolling back driver - I've now confirmed this crashing with 15.4, 14.12 and 14.9 drivers both when and when not streaming.

Naturally, I'd still appreciate any advice offered here whilst we try to find a fix for this.
Still having this issue. Have tried countless solutions suggested by GGG and yet to find a working fix for this. Having it occur on Beta, too.

This is what we've tried so far to no avail.

- Tried multiple drivers (14.9, 14.12, 15.4, 15.4 as well as a few others)
- Installed all Windows Updates
- Tried running Path of Exile on minimal settings (despite not having FPS issues)
- Tried running Path of Exile with -nosound enabled
- Installed Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2013
- Re-installed DirectX
- Each time tried a different driver, cleanly installed via Driver Uninstaller in Safe mode then installed normally
- Ran the MrFixIt found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

Would appreciate any advice you guys have here, too.

Last edited by Afran on May 30, 2015, 8:42:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info