keyboard shortcuts and windows 7...

Is anybody else experiencing problems with specific keyboard shortcuts in Windows 7? For example, when i click keyboard shortcuts 1,2,3 etc. for portions or E,R,T for actions, the UI swaps to Windows desktop. Same thing when i am trying to type in chat field or when using TAB key for map. Some shortcuts work ok though...
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
Apparently not. Restaring Windows fixed the problem. Although i am still wondering what might have caused this...
This happened to me once as well, but a quick restart fixed the problem for me.
Have the problem even as it happens I do not know

after reboot is working fine

Windows7 64bit
BlackKeysus - 73 Witch ( Legacy )
BlackHammer - 56 Marauder ( Legacy )

CtrlAltDelete - 15 ( HC) R.I.P xD

Greetings from Switzerland
So its not an isolated incident. Maybe the devs should take a look at it then. I will try to retrive more data in case it happens again.
It's not limited to windows 7 either, I get this in windows xp.

It seems to be some kind of sticky key modifier - if I accidently fat-finger the windows key when I go to press Alt, nothing happens (ie start menu doesn't open, this is good). However, the next time I use my E or R skill (win+E and win+R both corresponding to windows shortcuts), I get an explorer window or run dialog opening up and PoE loses focus. Haven't died to it yet, thankfully ;)

The problem doesn't persist once I alt-tab back to PoE, either it's just for that one keypress, or its possible that I always press the windows button again once I'm back in PoE and that clears the state.
Last edited by sqweek on May 25, 2012, 11:57:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info